Woolworths responds to the DISTURBING ACT of an alleged staff member, says they are ‘very disappointed’

Woolworths responds to the DISTURBING ACT of an alleged staff member, says they are ‘very disappointed’
A video of a Woolworths employee made the rounds on social media due to its disturbing content.

The disturbing video, which was posted on TikTok, showed a woman — who seems to be a Woolies employee — wearing the supermarket's cap and uniform pants with a casual sloppy joe over the top, tossing a large wheel of cheese into the air before catching it and pretending to devour a string of continental frankfurts in what appears to be a back room of the grocery store.

TkVMmNAnPNwI2IkNyigG7UVUzU0HlpXCDG0bATGrlvbhEB8oC9d_4R_Qoz57Eq2nYllq1OlwRV7_6BswI20xZ1-TmD-gmRHYUzzxpOrAMazOmV7H0DVKpvYZmBawO1yNbf7qjV4

The footage showed a woman who seems to be a Woolies employee tossing a large wheel of cheese into the air before catching it and pretending to eat a string of continental frankfurts. Credit: TikTok.

The TikTok user captioned the video with: “An important announcement from Woolworths. Your well-being is our highest priority.”

Users of the popular social media platform were alarmed with the video, prompting some of them to tag Woolworth's official TikTok account to the post so they could see the video.

H6Fu7gKAn2hp8QRsuf0MUwKDmrlxRxRNZ4_sPibfoBtrujI-ONBx8Em4VVPmkBhugC2tIZt9NgibhLvbp4e4AFUk-zSkOVUt7tqjDSLa_hGGJql5ZIfU7rRxWm7yu1v3b6vJvwU

It was speculated that the disturbing act was done in the backroom of a Woolworths store. Credit: TikTok.

A Woolworths spokesperson released a statement, saying that the supermarket is currently investigating the video.

Speaking to 7NEWS.com.au, the spokesperson said: “We take food safety very seriously and are disappointed by the behaviour in the video.”

“We’re in the process of investigating the video and the circumstances surrounding it."

“We intend to take the appropriate action to address the matter in line with our code of conduct.”

It is understood that Woolworths, as well as many other companies, has its own social media etiquette in place for its employees.

1z2His8JG51rf06jKpO9DBUgKzVDeOaWiqJ2qrSGL45sfia78yJJf_VCIndHz7eav5k_16-Z222px712rrFvdo7n52oQ_3qtQPwjo3Ugym7ff34FhlawJ9myCt05yGcuo7lNVcY

The woman was also filmed twirling the string of frankfurts in the air. Credit: TikTok.

It is believed that the Tik Tok video has since been deleted.

Reactions: Julie1
Sponsored
People really don't want their food sqished and manhandled before they buy it. I hope she's made aware of the inappropriateness of her actions, given some more food handling training and a warning... otherwise I'm sure there's plenty of people who would be happy to take her job seriously.

Tomfoolery in the workplace can be “fun” for some employees at the time but the consequences may be deadly! Food safety is ultra important as poisoning can kill people. The employee is a product of her time posting her indiscretions online. May cost her her job though! Sad lack of respect for her employer & her customers. Needs to start “fresh” in 2022,

F Y I. I've seen Woolies and Coles employees re-mixing salads (particularly creamy potato salads) to get rid of the 'yellow' tinge that salads develop over the course of the day in preparation for sale for the following day. If see it again I'll photograph the event and pass on to the appropriate authorities.

Reactions: Chris and Julie1
This seems to be becoming a trend for food retailers. The one with the guy at Subway was disgusting. I can't believe the level people stoop to for internet views