Woolworths' new app feature makes shopping easier, quicker, and more convenient than ever before!

Going grocery shopping can be a time-consuming and tedious task.

Sure, it can be enjoyable, especially on weekends when there are many bargains, and the grandchildren can come along for the trip.

In fact, some folks even find the activity therapeutic!

For the average Aussie everyday shopper, however, there is no time to linger and no extra minutes to stop, smell the roses, and take in the latest items available on the shelves.

Generally, grocery shopping is a chore, and the faster it gets done, the better.

5rSpkEUC-Hsv2kGUs2zBoahgvkKxRknkYMj022WVfkmN68vyw06lZAv3eyq_4RKzH_Z5YSZq62OxDMDakC6UmJ4XoXgKlvS3uXxjeoLtx4yllk9CcNlI07k3NoNDcJ0q66Nq4swwdQ5eWAp79UpRXNo

Woolworths' barcode scan-at-home technology helps shoppers generate shopping lists and save time in-store. Credit: Woolworths Group.

Making and organising a list of everything you need to buy is one of the easiest strategies to cut your shopping time in supermarkets.

You can keep a list on your phone and jot down items as you think of them during the week, then organise it right before you head to the store.

And now, with the latest release from Woolies, making your shopping list has never been easier!

Woolworths has introduced new technology that lets customers scan barcodes at home to create shopping lists fast and efficiently based on items they have already bought at the store.

This way, you can scan items as you put them in your pantry and fridge and instantly have your shopping list for the next fortnight as soon as you get home from your weekly shop! How good is that?

Woolworths demonstrated the time-saving shopping method on its official TikTok account, narrated by famous in-house employee Liam Kirley.

'This is Robin. Don't worry, she can't hear me, but look at how she is writing her shopping list by hand. Look how sore it's getting,' Liam laughs at Robin's exhausted hands as she shakes them out.

'Luckily, she has her phone, and she can make her list through the Woolworths app.'

Robin is seen opening the Woolworths app and navigating to the barcode scanner to start her shopping list.

If you don't want to be like Robin and tire your hands out trying to write down your shopping list, here's how you can make use of the new barcode-scanning feature:
  1. Launch the Woolworths application on the mobile device you are using. (If you're unfamiliar with the process of downloading an application on your mobile phone, check out our handy guide.)
  2. Tap the barcode scanner icon that's located in the search bar.
  3. Scan the barcode of the food item you would like to add to your shopping list, and after that, click the button that says 'Add to list'.
Once a customer has added a product to their shopping list, they can mark it off as they shop in the store.

Shoppers will also find information, such as the aisle and price, which will help them find the product during their shopping and cut down on the time they spend in the store.

And that's all there is to it! With only a few taps on your smartphone, you'll have a complete list of items for your next grocery run.

UmOmilxXJJ6PDVIjb-sRwTgsOpZp3nWj5_sqc2wEt-B7meKKrn9DBxLkCEN1rWoNb9w0GhSI7heZtzdpEanYaH77vew6xQCX8h9EOeYp1yD6YQ7j0lgnxbT_d5BEUCMN8d5idmf_S2dVAP1s3yrs7r4

Fans of Woolworths have given the feature the thumbs up. Credit: iStock. (Stock photo)

People who regularly shop at Woolworths liked the new scanning feature so much that many said it's the only way to shop from now on.

'I cannot shop any other way now! I love the app!' one user wrote in the comments section of the video. 'That's how I do my shopping, and you can also save it,' added a second.

Others even mentioned that the brand-new barcode feature can also be used to find the cost of items that don't have a price tag or are in the wrong place.

'Found a random item in the store that's in the wrong place? You want it but don't know the price? Barcode scanner to the rescue!' suggested one person.

Now, this is some good news! There's no need for us to bring any sort of paper with us to the grocery store, either. Pretty neat, huh?

So what do you think, folks? Will you be using this scanning feature in your future shops? Let us know in the comments!

Sponsored
Going grocery shopping can be a time-consuming and tedious task.

Sure, it can be enjoyable, especially on weekends when there are many bargains, and the grandchildren can come along for the trip.

In fact, some folks even find the activity therapeutic!

For the average Aussie everyday shopper, however, there is no time to linger and no extra minutes to stop, smell the roses, and take in the latest items available on the shelves.

Generally, grocery shopping is a chore, and the faster it gets done, the better.

5rSpkEUC-Hsv2kGUs2zBoahgvkKxRknkYMj022WVfkmN68vyw06lZAv3eyq_4RKzH_Z5YSZq62OxDMDakC6UmJ4XoXgKlvS3uXxjeoLtx4yllk9CcNlI07k3NoNDcJ0q66Nq4swwdQ5eWAp79UpRXNo

Woolworths' barcode scan-at-home technology helps shoppers generate shopping lists and save time in-store. Credit: Woolworths Group.

Making and organising a list of everything you need to buy is one of the easiest strategies to cut your shopping time in supermarkets.

You can keep a list on your phone and jot down items as you think of them during the week, then organise it right before you head to the store.

And now, with the latest release from Woolies, making your shopping list has never been easier!

Woolworths has introduced new technology that lets customers scan barcodes at home to create shopping lists fast and efficiently based on items they have already bought at the store.

This way, you can scan items as you put them in your pantry and fridge and instantly have your shopping list for the next fortnight as soon as you get home from your weekly shop! How good is that?

Woolworths demonstrated the time-saving shopping method on its official TikTok account, narrated by famous in-house employee Liam Kirley.

'This is Robin. Don't worry, she can't hear me, but look at how she is writing her shopping list by hand. Look how sore it's getting,' Liam laughs at Robin's exhausted hands as she shakes them out.

'Luckily, she has her phone, and she can make her list through the Woolworths app.'

Robin is seen opening the Woolworths app and navigating to the barcode scanner to start her shopping list.

If you don't want to be like Robin and tire your hands out trying to write down your shopping list, here's how you can make use of the new barcode-scanning feature:
  1. Launch the Woolworths application on the mobile device you are using. (If you're unfamiliar with the process of downloading an application on your mobile phone, check out our handy guide.)
  2. Tap the barcode scanner icon that's located in the search bar.
  3. Scan the barcode of the food item you would like to add to your shopping list, and after that, click the button that says 'Add to list'.
Once a customer has added a product to their shopping list, they can mark it off as they shop in the store.

Shoppers will also find information, such as the aisle and price, which will help them find the product during their shopping and cut down on the time they spend in the store.

And that's all there is to it! With only a few taps on your smartphone, you'll have a complete list of items for your next grocery run.

UmOmilxXJJ6PDVIjb-sRwTgsOpZp3nWj5_sqc2wEt-B7meKKrn9DBxLkCEN1rWoNb9w0GhSI7heZtzdpEanYaH77vew6xQCX8h9EOeYp1yD6YQ7j0lgnxbT_d5BEUCMN8d5idmf_S2dVAP1s3yrs7r4

Fans of Woolworths have given the feature the thumbs up. Credit: iStock. (Stock photo)

People who regularly shop at Woolworths liked the new scanning feature so much that many said it's the only way to shop from now on.

'I cannot shop any other way now! I love the app!' one user wrote in the comments section of the video. 'That's how I do my shopping, and you can also save it,' added a second.

Others even mentioned that the brand-new barcode feature can also be used to find the cost of items that don't have a price tag or are in the wrong place.

'Found a random item in the store that's in the wrong place? You want it but don't know the price? Barcode scanner to the rescue!' suggested one person.

Now, this is some good news! There's no need for us to bring any sort of paper with us to the grocery store, either. Pretty neat, huh?

So what do you think, folks? Will you be using this scanning feature in your future shops? Let us know in the comments!

I like Alexa and AnyList. I just tell Alexa to put what I want on the list it sorts it in categories and it’s there to use when I shop. I can have different lists, too. like put sore throat on doctor list and plants on Bunnings list. No looking for bar codes she just listens to me.

I shop online with Woolies but I won't be using the barcode scanner. I base my shopping mainly on what's on special in a given week, then move on to other needs. I make my shopping basket up over about 3 or 4 days as I think of things needed then as I see the running total getting to my spending limit I finalise my purchases and go through the checkout.

I shop on line at both woollies and Coles .

Once I log in I have have a list with items I purchased before. All I do us go through my list and buy what I need from there

Then I go to the special section and see what's on special and adjust my cart as needed.
Yes, the online apps have made supermarket shopping a breeze for me!

Reactions: Ezzy and Ricci
I like Alexa and AnyList. I just tell Alexa to put what I want on the list it sorts it in categories and it’s there to use when I shop. I can have different lists, too. like put sore throat on doctor list and plants on Bunnings list. No looking for bar codes she just listens to me.
I hadn't thought of that! I just use her (Alexa) to play music because boy, oh boy, she is brilliant at finding obscure stuff! Sometimes I really test her with just a couple of words in lyrics & she nearly always comes through 🤣 Sometimes, too, she finds things I've never heard of and some of those have been very exciting. She's really widened my musical catalogue & has been the best aid to an enjoyable retirement for me 😁

I have google and I swear she hears me when we talk. Today she asked if I wanted a Nick name 🤨
My husband loves it when he says 'ok thank you google ' it replies ' pleasure to serve you' 🙂
I'm sure these things are always listening. Which means so are a lot of other potential scammers. I have heard stories about hackers accessing these home apps. Not for me. I love technology, but I have my limits.

I'm sure these things are always listening. Which means so are a lot of other potential scammers. I have heard stories about hackers accessing these home apps. Not for me. I love technology, but I have my limits.
Terri - I do understand the concern because of media amplifying the very rare occasions it happens but it's not a security risk if you're on top of the technology. As I've mentioned previously I am an IT geek (diploma and 20+ years experience in the field) and my son is an IT engineer at the top of the game. We both choose Alexa because we did the research required to satisfy our informed concerns & determined that when proper WiFi security is in place there is no risk involved or cause for concern.

Suzanne - Alexa is programmable so I have mine set to respond differently to different things & I change it regularly to keep my family amused 😅 The first time my Alexa said "Oh, you're welcome!" in response to my thanks, my son fell off his chair laughing - saying he should have realised I'd do something like that!