Woolworths just brought back their limited-edition collectables!

Did you ever play pretend grocery shopping when you were a kid?

After many times watching your parents prowl grocery aisles for products, some of you may have pretended to be smaller versions of your mums and dads and picked and scanned away at your imaginary hauls.

If ever you’ve seen your grandkids or kids doing it too, Woolworths has just the thing!

‘With Christmas around the corner, parents (and grandparents alike) are starting to look for fun gifts that foster creativity and imagination,’ a spokesperson said.

‘We’re excited to bring back our Big Box Toy range with a few new additions, for all the fresh food kids in the making to enjoy, a mini supermarket with a fridge, mini bakery and a deluxe checkout to name a few.’

‘They’re already proving to be a popular gift with customers so far and we expect them to be a big hit this Christmas.’

Screenshot_3.png
This miniature version of Woolies’ shopping bag had one shopper gushing over its cuteness. Credit: TikTok/@Vegemitewedgie

The range was initially launched back in October 2021, but this year it has seen new items added, such as a mini bakery, chiller bag, deluxe checkout — and a revamped mini supermarket with a fridge!

Reports say a thousand stores across Australia have the limited-edition buy.
Customers take note though, as they’re only on sale until stocks last.

One shopper was instantly taken by the cute Woolies finds, and she shared her experience online.

‘Listen, alright. I do not have a child, but these are cute,’ she said.

On the screen were mini versions of things we see at Woolies, such as shopping baskets filled with products.

‘Look at these tiny shopping bags! I kind of want them for me!’

The shopper thought about her niece and nephew immediately when she saw the toys.

She was barely able to contain her delight through the video, and she came to a realisation most of us have probably had at a time of sales left and right.

‘I need to walk away,’ she joked.

Thousands of users liked the Woolies offers in the shopper’s video, and some of them shared their thoughts.

‘If you have adult spending money you can get (the toys), literally nobody will stop you,’ a user said.

‘You need to leave that aisle,’ one mum warned in jest. ‘As a mum… that looks like danger.’

Screenshot_6.png
Woolworths is reintroducing a range of miniature toys for the holidays. Credit: Woolworths

Some shared that they bought the toys — much to the delight of their kids!

‘I bought the tiny bag for my son because he always carries one around while we shop… now he has one his size,’ another mum shared.

Of course, others took time to add more jokes about the pint-sized Woolies toys.

‘Nothing like brainwashing the Woolies into (kids) early,’ one user said.

A second one added: ‘Better start teaching them the horrors of customer service young so it’s not a shock to them when they’re older.’

But some parents weren’t too keen on the prices…

‘I want them for my son but I can’t afford them,’ a user said.

‘$20… they can shove it,’ another added.

Meanwhile, if you have time, you might want to check out what Woolies and BIG W have on offer for Black Friday.

So, what is your reaction to these limited-time items?

Tell us your thoughts below!

Source: TikTok/@Vegemitewedgie

Sponsored
My kids would've hated this and certainly wouldn't have thanked me if I bought it. Shopping was no fun for them as I made them stay by my side and not run amok through the shop. They did for a while enjoy those little trolleys that the stores used to have but the novelty soon wore off. ;)

After many times watching your parents prowl grocery aisles for products, some of you may have pretended to be smaller versions of your mums and dads and picked and scanned away at your imaginary hauls.

If ever you’ve seen your grandkids or kids doing it too, Woolworths has just the thing!

‘With Christmas around the corner, parents (and grandparents alike) are starting to look for fun gifts that foster creativity and imagination,’ a spokesperson said.

‘We’re excited to bring back our Big Box Toy range with a few new additions, for all the fresh food kids in the making to enjoy, a mini supermarket with a fridge, mini bakery and a deluxe checkout to name a few.’

‘They’re already proving to be a popular gift with customers so far and we expect them to be a big hit this Christmas.’

View attachment 9431
This miniature version of Woolies’ shopping bag had one shopper gushing over its cuteness. Credit: TikTok/@Vegemitewedgie

The range was initially launched back in October 2021, but this year it has seen new items added, such as a mini bakery, chiller bag, deluxe checkout — and a revamped mini supermarket with a fridge!

One shopper was instantly taken by the cute Woolies finds, and she shared her experience online.

On the screen were mini versions of things we see at Woolies, such as shopping baskets filled with products.

The shopper thought about her niece and nephew immediately when she saw the toys.

She was barely able to contain her delight through the video, and she came to a realisation most of us have probably had at a time of sales left and right.

Thousands of users liked the Woolies offers in the shopper’s video, and some of them shared their thoughts.

‘If you have adult spending money you can get (the toys), literally nobody will stop you,’ a user said.

‘You need to leave that aisle,’ one mum warned in jest. ‘As a mum… that looks like danger.’

View attachment 9432
Woolworths is reintroducing a range of miniature toys for the holidays. Credit: Woolworths

‘I bought the tiny bag for my son because he always carries one around while we shop… now he has one his size,’ another mum shared.

Of course, others took time to add more jokes about the pint-sized Woolies toys.

A second one added: ‘Better start teaching them the horrors of customer service young so it’s not a shock to them when they’re older.’

Meanwhile, if you have time, you might want to check out what Woolies and BIG W have on offer for Black Friday.

View attachment 9431

View attachment 9432

They’re saying this item is $20 but the price tag on the item says $20

Attachments

• DBE3C371-9B45-4552-975E-FD623BDB03EE.jpeg
    DBE3C371-9B45-4552-975E-FD623BDB03EE.jpeg
    116.3 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: JayKay and Ricci

View attachment 9431

View attachment 9432

$10 for a mini sized shopping bag when you can get a large for $2 ??????????

I know I'd have loved it when little, but there wasn't even plastic then.
All that was available was Bakelite...the really hard stuff.
We went to the Show and got Sample bags, they weren't called Showbags way back.
In these Sample bags, you got tiny jars of perhaps Vegemite, honey, peanut butter, tubes of toothpaste.
These are what I played with.
When my daughter was small, she adored the mini cardboard packets to play shop with.
She had a wee cash register and plastic bank cards and a set of play coins.
She could add up by the age of 2, so it was a worthwhile play tool.