Woolworths customers are furious after Everyday Rewards points mysteriously disappeared - Is your account compromised?

We all love a good rewards program, especially one that allows us to save up points to redeem prizes or money off our total bill.

It's a great way to save a bit of extra cash, and who doesn't love getting something for free?

However, as much as we love these programs and the rewards they provide, there's always the potential for something to go wrong – which is exactly what happened recently with Woolworths' Everyday Rewards scheme.

Reports have been coming in from across the country of shoppers logging into their Everyday Rewards accounts to discover that their hard-earned points have suddenly vanished without a trace.

116536086_3152865254804404_1615228344564048622_n.png

Several Every Rewards members have 'mysteriously' lost points from their accounts. Credit: Facebook/Woolworths Everyday Rewards.

Many customers took to social media to express their grievances, with one person writing: 'All my ‘bank for Christmas’ points were stolen in another state.'

'I've just had $250 of points stolen,' another shared.

Woolworths has since confirmed that it is looking into the issue but hasn't yet given any further information on what has caused the issue or how many people have been affected by it so far.

Additionally, the retailer assisted Everyday Rewards members who have been impacted by the activity, saying that it is reinstating all of the stolen points back into their rightful owners' accounts.

Members, if you have anything similar happen to you with any loyalty or rewards program you belong to, we recommend you get in touch with customer service as soon as possible so they can help resolve the issue.

Key Takeaways

• Several Woolworths customers have reported that their Everyday Rewards points have vanished from their accounts.
  • Supermarket giant Woolworths is investigating the matter but it is not yet known what has caused the issue.
  • Customers are being urged to make sure they have strong passwords, including numbers, capital letters, and special characters.
  • Other bits of advice to customers include logging out of your rewards account as soon as you're finished using it as well as downloading the Everyday Rewards app and turning on push notifications to allow you to instantly see suspicious transactions.

In addition, there are also some things you can do on your end to protect your account from being hacked or compromised:

1. Have a strong password

Passwords which include numbers, capital letters, and special characters are more difficult to decipher compared to simple codes, allowing users to have extra protection from fraudsters who try to access your account.

2. Log out of your account as soon as you finish using it

Having your account logged out of your device will stop anyone who has access to your phone or other devices from accessing your information further.

3. Turning on push notifications

Push notifications allow users to instantly see the activities of a mobile application. This also includes being immediately notified if suspicious transactions are being carried out in your account.

Watch this video to learn more about how you can enable push notifications:

Android users

Credit: YouTube/How to WiFi

iPhone users

Credit: YouTube/ProgrammingKnowledge2

There you have it, folks! Again, we recommend checking out your accounts to see if you have been impacted by this incognito activity and reporting it immediately for assistance.

Sponsored
Happened to me some time ago but I didn't go on social media to complain I rang Everyday Rewards and it was resolved , no problems

Reactions: Ricci
We all love a good rewards program, especially one that allows us to save up points to redeem prizes or money off our total bill.

It's a great way to save a bit of extra cash, and who doesn't love getting something for free?

However, as much as we love these programs and the rewards they provide, there's always the potential for something to go wrong – which is exactly what happened recently with Woolworths' Everyday Rewards scheme.

Reports have been coming in from across the country of shoppers logging into their Everyday Rewards accounts to discover that their hard-earned points have suddenly vanished without a trace.

Several Every Rewards members have 'mysteriously' lost points from their accounts. Credit: Facebook/Woolworths Everyday Rewards.

Many customers took to social media to express their grievances, with one person writing: 'All my ‘bank for Christmas’ points were stolen in another state.'

Woolworths has since confirmed that it is looking into the issue but hasn't yet given any further information on what has caused the issue or how many people have been affected by it so far.

Additionally, the retailer assisted Everyday Rewards members who have been impacted by the activity, saying that it is reinstating all of the stolen points back into their rightful owners' accounts.

Members, if you have anything similar happen to you with any loyalty or rewards program you belong to, we recommend you get in touch with customer service as soon as possible so they can help resolve the issue.

Key Takeaways

• Several Woolworths customers have reported that their Everyday Rewards points have vanished from their accounts.
  • Supermarket giant Woolworths is investigating the matter but it is not yet known what has caused the issue.
  • Customers are being urged to make sure they have strong passwords, including numbers, capital letters, and special characters.
  • Other bits of advice to customers include logging out of your rewards account as soon as you're finished using it as well as downloading the Everyday Rewards app and turning on push notifications to allow you to instantly see suspicious transactions.

In addition, there are also some things you can do on your end to protect your account from being hacked or compromised:

Passwords which include numbers, capital letters, and special characters are more difficult to decipher compared to simple codes, allowing users to have extra protection from fraudsters who try to access your account.

Having your account logged out of your device will stop anyone who has access to your phone or other devices from accessing your information further.

Push notifications allow users to instantly see the activities of a mobile application. This also includes being immediately notified if suspicious transactions are being carried out in your account.

Android users

iPhone users

There you have it, folks! Again, we recommend checking out your accounts to see if you have been impacted by this incognito activity and reporting it immediately for assistance.

Key Takeaways

Android users

iPhone users

Yes, this happened to me. $20 stolen. Woolies reimbursed my points, cancelled and reissued a new card and I changed my password. If they can log onto your account, they can use an e-rewards card from your account. So it's not necessarily a matter of them accessing your physical card details.

You can see the transaction on your account. The docket shows the date, time, store location, checkout number etc. I suggested that they check their CCTV to ID the culprits, who apparently like energy drinks, etc. Items that I don't buy.

Annoyingly, I now keep getting notified every time these items are on special 😡

Last edited:
Oh bloody hell (sorry people!) that is all I need!! Just checked my Everyday Rewards and my small amount of Christmas money and current points are still there.....phewww!!! (well, for now, anyway!)
All these scammers, etc., need to get a life and start earning their own, hard earned, honest money!!
Welcome to the digital era....not!!!

I only have $20 on my rewards. Actually, I went to Woolworths this morning and the checkout girl asked if I wanted to redeem them. I declined as I will spend it around Christmas/New year.

Key Takeaways

Android users

iPhone users

Spend mine straight away 😊