Woolworths customer’s ‘fashion choice’ leaves employee DISGUSTED – What do YOU think?

Not everyone has a natural knack for putting together a show stopping outfit – and sometimes, there are simply way too many things going on to even care all that much about one’s physical appearance. However, it seems that stepping out in style is a must nowadays, as the fashion police can take in the form of just about anyone… Including supermarket employees.

One Woolworths shopper’s fashion choice got criticised by a Woolworths employee and it took social media by storm.

After the Woolies team member posted a video of the ‘fashion impaired’ customer on TikTok, dozens of users hopped in to share their own thoughts about it.

The worker didn’t hesitate to show their disdain for the shopper’s outfit, which consisted of long denim jeans and a pair of black Reef thongs.

“When customers wear jeans with thongs…” the employee wrote alongside two sick-looking green face emojis.

“Don’t you dare come into my store looking like this.” he added with the hashtag ‘#PleaseNo’.

To add gravity to the roast, the Woolies worker cheekily used an audio clip of a popular musician saying “immediately no”.

ZE_2fiRrKSPYtfGJFjrHyitxZw9XaXl2OqsagpyDy6ZuJmQ8JuV2y6HK7XJHIcEiZgncOypCHpNE0kqoIePUHEIh8RZmIg_RVlIeVXivFbqMl3mcHxWvlftkYKfx8SbqAzLi42xRDe4ai_U9LQ

Thongs and jeans? Okay then. Image Credit: 7News

Several users agreed that it was a questionable fashion choice.

“Ew gross, calling 1800-fashionpolice,” teased one.

Another argued that thongs and jeans weren’t so bad, writing “But you’d see worse!”

To which the worker responded: “Oh, definitely.”

However, this isn’t the first time a ‘fashion emergency’ caught the attention of many, whether it’s thongs (or lack of) at Woolworths.

There’s no denying that we Aussies are easy-going and strolling around without shoes isn’t an uncommon thing. Last year, another user detailed her ‘culture shock’ after encountering multiple Woolworths shoppers walking barefoot at her local store.

gJzp5rmyFFRPB-B1VYjUftOuq7PaLEHIrtFd0DeQDqtsVnijLjWhGB7uxJsBfOjSLvgnlHDxEp_1gkuCvd15C6CF8Xs67dMucFDHFELC9vDnsLBa5qtHr3FF57qub_qJmiYR7KNZtVhP9xsPWw

Let us be! Image Credit: Buzzfeed

“I know that it’s a really Aussie thing. Shoes are optional rain or shine,” the TikTok user said in her video.

In 2019, a Woolies shopper claimed that her husband had been refused entrance at their local store wearing thongs due to changes in “a new OH&S policy” – an allegation that the supermarket strongly denied.

“We’re happy to welcome customers in our stores in their runners, work boots, heels, thongs and even Crocs,” a spokesperson clarified at the time. “As long as there is something on their feet, customers are welcome to enter our stores.”

What are your thoughts on the shopper’s outfit choice? Share them with us in the comments!

Sponsored
That Woolworths employee needs some very quick counselling!! Employees don't get to make up rules based on their own narrow and prejudiced opinions & most definitely should not be shaming customers publicly. At first I thought it was a joke because it's perfectly normal to wear thongs with any outfit in Australia really.....

Woolworths customer’s ‘fashion choice’ leaves employee DISGUSTED – What do YOU think?

Not everyone has a natural knack for putting together a show stopping outfit – and sometimes, there are simply way too many things going on to even care all that much about one’s physical appearance. However, it seems that stepping out in style is a must nowadays, as the fashion police can take in the form of just about anyone… Including supermarket employees.

One Woolworths shopper’s fashion choice got criticised by a Woolworths employee and it took social media by storm.

After the Woolies team member posted a video of the ‘fashion impaired’ customer on TikTok, dozens of users hopped in to share their own thoughts about it.

The worker didn’t hesitate to show their disdain for the shopper’s outfit, which consisted of long denim jeans and a pair of black Reef thongs.

“When customers wear jeans with thongs…” the employee wrote alongside two sick-looking green face emojis.

“Don’t you dare come into my store looking like this.” he added with the hashtag ‘#PleaseNo’.

To add gravity to the roast, the Woolies worker cheekily used an audio clip of a popular musician saying “immediately no”.

ZE_2fiRrKSPYtfGJFjrHyitxZw9XaXl2OqsagpyDy6ZuJmQ8JuV2y6HK7XJHIcEiZgncOypCHpNE0kqoIePUHEIh8RZmIg_RVlIeVXivFbqMl3mcHxWvlftkYKfx8SbqAzLi42xRDe4ai_U9LQ

Another argued that thongs and jeans weren’t so bad, writing “But you’d see worse!”

However, this isn’t the first time a ‘fashion emergency’ caught the attention of many, whether it’s thongs (or lack of) at Woolworths.

There’s no denying that we Aussies are easy-going and strolling around without shoes isn’t an uncommon thing. Last year, another user detailed her ‘culture shock’ after encountering multiple Woolworths shoppers walking barefoot at her local store.

gJzp5rmyFFRPB-B1VYjUftOuq7PaLEHIrtFd0DeQDqtsVnijLjWhGB7uxJsBfOjSLvgnlHDxEp_1gkuCvd15C6CF8Xs67dMucFDHFELC9vDnsLBa5qtHr3FF57qub_qJmiYR7KNZtVhP9xsPWw

“I know that it’s a really Aussie thing. Shoes are optional rain or shine,” the TikTok user said in her video.

In 2019, a Woolies shopper claimed that her husband had been refused entrance at their local store wearing thongs due to changes in “a new OH&S policy” – an allegation that the supermarket strongly denied.

“We’re happy to welcome customers in our stores in their runners, work boots, heels, thongs and even Crocs,” a spokesperson clarified at the time. “As long as there is something on their feet, customers are welcome to enter our stores.”

What are your thoughts on the shopper’s outfit choice? Share them with us in the comments!
Please leave me alone, he is probably a worker who wears safety boots all day and changes after work,is really any of her business 😡🇦🇺👍

I wear thongs when shopping. Never been stopped. That Woolies staff member must be a bit precious.

Reactions: Benw
HIS store??? Is he the Manager?
Posting like that is a sackable offence, how rude is he too. Possibly from Melbourne where people Sue for any reason. Laws are a lot stricter there. Shopping centre policy is normally just no bare feet, thongs would be fine. And yes I saw lots of late night dashes in PJs and slipper going through my check-out LOL, think it was trendy for a while, always made me smile 😊
I did however see my share of toes run over by supermarket trolley’s ect. Ouch.
I too have had my toes run over twice now that I live on the Sunshine Coast Queensland so back to closed toe shoes no more thongs grocery shopping, all done at your own peril right 👍
My personal issue is seeing people mow their lawns in bare feet or thongs . It does clogg the Casualty /Emergency department when adults cut off their toes, not a great example for their kids. 🥹

Reactions: Strawb and CherMad

The WHS issue is going barefoot, risking injury and then suing the store or centre. When I trained Business students at a venue near the beach, they were required to wear footwear on the premises. Once they got to the beach they could do what they wanted.

Reactions: Jane Wilson

Who cares let it go butts not hang out I also hate wearing shoes we were not born with shoes on feet or anything just our skin get a life who are you to judge

The WHS issue is going barefoot, risking injury and then suing the store or centre. When I trained Business students at a venue near the beach, they were required to wear footwear on the premises. Once they got to the beach they could do what they wanted.

Oh boy……..I better tell my hubby that he will be cursed if he wears his thongs with his jeans, when he goes to Woolies 😱😂😂
What’s wrong in being a free spirit?? If a person is clean and presentable, nothing is wrong with their choice of attire 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

Well it's a lot better than seeing people walking around with the arse practically out of their pants.

What's wrong with wearing thongs? I thought they were going to show someone near naked, or at least with something completely outrageous.

Gee Whiz, that counts me out of shopping heaps in Summer, jeans and thongs for me a lot as feet swell in closed in shoes in the heat, and with kiddos and running around easier to grab the thongs and slip them on. Think it is sooo wrong on many levels for the woolies employee to even post this on tic tok of a shopper. Sorry my opinions only..

People should be dressed appropriately especially in a food store. Barefoot is not appropriate and there for germs are being spread around. This is totally unacceptable. Good job Woolies and stick to your dress code
Not sure that this is a germ spreader unless ppl are putting their feet on the counter or grabbing groceries with them! Woollies "worker/upstart" needs to put his bum up and head down instead of sticky beaking at other ppls wardrobe,

Not sure that this is a germ spreader unless ppl are putting their feet on the counter or grabbing groceries with them! Woollies "worker/upstart" needs to put his bum up and head down instead of sticky beaking at other ppls wardrobe,
Yeeess totally agree 👍

Don't see anything with it