Woolworths Confirms Nationwide Flash Sale on BBQ Chickens

Woolworths is back with a fantastic offer!

From now until midnight on Tuesday, August 29, Woolworths is having a flash sale on its famous Country Style Roast Chickens in all stores!

The price of the popular roast chicken has been discounted from the standard $12 to just $10.90 per chook. For the first time in several years, Woolworths has reduced the price of this Australian dinner favourite for its shoppers across the country!

1.png
Woolworths’ Country Style Roast Chicken price is down to $10.90 from its original price of $12. Image source: Woolworths.

Woolworths' Chief Chook Officer (CCO) Matt Harbich said this is a sale not to be missed.

'We've been selling hot roast chickens in our stores since 1960 and they've been a firm customer favourite ever since,' he said.

'Whether it's for a Sunday roast or a picnic, hot roast chooks, aka the bachelor's handbag, continues to grow in popularity with more than 20 million sold in our stores every year.

'We’re excited to drop the price of our roast chickens to $10.90 for a limited time to give our customers some extra value this week.'

It's worth noting that the sale isn't the only offer Woolworths has provided its customers recently.

2.png
Woolworths has more than 450 products under their Prices Dropped campaign. Image source: Woolworths.

As part of its seasonal Prices Dropped for Spring campaign, the grocery has also reduced the prices of more than 450 products. Starting August 23 until November 28, shoppers can save an average of 17 per cent on those items.

Some of the items already on sale include:

Woolworths Supermarkets Managing Director Natalie Davis said the store understands people are looking for ways to save right now.

'Our research shows that customers are using more [ways] to save on their grocery shops,' she said. 'Buying products on special is at the top of the list, with meal planning not far behind.'

She added: 'With this in mind, we looked at how we could create healthier meal ideas, including affordable lamb roast and weekday dinners.'

With this in mind, we suggest making a list of the items you're after and remembering to compare unit prices if you find similar items across different brands. Here’s an article for more information on unit pricing!
Key Takeaways
  • Woolworths supermarket has announced a flash sale on its popular Country Style Roast Chickens in all stores, cutting the price from $12 to $10.90.
  • This is the first time in several years that the BBQ chook has been discounted for all Woolworths customers across the country.
  • The chain has also announced that it's dropping the prices on more than 450 products as part of its seasonal Prices Dropped for Spring program.
  • From August 23 until November 28, shoppers can enjoy an average saving of 17 per cent on Price Dropped products.
Let us know what you’re adding to your next grocery shopping list in the comments below!

Reactions: Solar1
Sponsored
I did my shop today and was pleasantly surprised by the price of the chook - so I bought one and had it for dinner tonight - it was yum :)

Reactions: Suzanne rose
I wouldn't mind paying the full price if it was a decent size,not like the oversized quails they have now
That's what I was going to say. They could only be about 1kg? I could eat that myself. And per kilo it would work out very expensive.