Woolworths and Coles Shoppers Raving About 90c Two-Ingredient Cake Hack!

Expressing your affection for loved ones through home-baked treats is a heart-warming gesture that never goes out of style.

A homemade cake’s simplicity and mouth-watering taste are unmatched by any store-bought version.

However, buying all the ingredients required for baking can be quite costly, leading some individuals to reconsider making their favourite treats.

But what if we told you that making your cake didn’t have to cost an arm and a leg?

An Aussie mum has recently posted a video introducing an amazingly simple two-ingredient cake trick that took the internet by storm.

The mum-of-three suggested using a 90c packet of vanilla cake mix from either Coles or Woolies, plus a can of fruit.

‘You don’t need eggs, milk, butter - anything,’ she said in a TikTok video.

In the video, she demonstrated how to prepare a delectable cake using tinned pears, which cost approximately $2.

However, she emphasised that any type of canned fruit could be utilised in the recipe. In fact, she revealed that in her previous recipe, she had used tinned peaches with great success.

She shared: ‘With the peaches one, I crushed them up with a spoon so they weren’t as big, and I’m probably going to do the same with the pears.’

The mum then added the whole can of fruit and stirred the ingredients together.

d45d512b41588df611f27c9d82fab4afe7d35df5.jpg

The 2-ingredient cake is a budget-friendly way to satisfy your sweet cravings. Credit: TikTok/@claudiashops.

The woman also sprinkled cinnamon sugar through the two-ingredient cake mix, which she said was 'optional'.

After the mixture was prepared, she spooned it into a muffin tray and placed it in the oven to bake at precisely 160°C degrees using the fan-forced setting.

She timed it for exactly 22 minutes, allowing the muffins to rise to perfection.

When she removed them from the oven, the muffins were perfectly cooked!

She continued: ‘I know this isn’t new.’

‘People have been doing it since the ‘80s, which I’ve been told five million times.’

‘(But) it’s new to me, and new to a lot of other people on the app - some said they tried it for the first time and loved it.’

‘I’m not claiming this, I didn’t come up with it, I saw it on Facebook.’

The video has since been viewed more than 120,000 times, and it’s been met with much enthusiasm.

One user wrote: ‘Looove this idea... lunches made easy. Thank you.’

'Thanks for posting these. I had all the ingredients in my pantry and made them this morning and they were soooo yummy,' another added.

Others who have attempted the tip before also shared their own recommendations for improving the recipe.

One person suggested: ‘Chocolate cake mix and tin cherries are an awesome combination also.’

'You can also use that cake mix and a can of lemonade - great for kids with allergies other than gluten,' another recommended.

A third chimed in: 'Creaming soda and chocolate chips, even threw in a mashed brown banana.’

‘It’s nice with a tin of blueberries also. The cake comes out vibrant purple,’ another shared.

Both Woolies and Coles currently sell Vanilla, Chocolate and Butter flavours in their 90c range.

photo-3.jpg
Both cake mixes from Woolworths and Coles will only set you back at 90 cents. Credit: Woolworths/Coles.

Key Takeaways

• An Aussie mum shared a two-ingredient muffin trick on TikTok using simple Coles and Woolworths ingredients.
  • The tip involves using a 90c packet of vanilla cake mix and a can of fruit, mixing them together and baking.
  • The video has had more than 120,000 views, and many people commented with their own suggestions and positive experiences.
  • The trick has been praised as a cheap and easy baking method, perfect for those with various dietary restrictions.

We think it’s great to know that baking can be budget-friendly and accessible. So, try this two-ingredient cake tip if you’re after a delicious snack that won’t break the bank!

What are your thoughts about this ’90-cent’ cake? Does it look appetising to you? Let us know in the comments!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored
The smart Alec who says that the lady needs to just get something cheaper than dumplings and just go back to return the product that they overcharged that isn’t the point she is entitled to have a treat now and then and the fact that they lie about specials all the time is disgusting I’ve seen them put the prices up 40 percent in a fortnight on some things and then suddenly a special of more than the price a fortnight ago and there are no alternate stores in small areas so than can do what they want disgusting

Expressing your affection for loved ones through home-baked treats is a heart-warming gesture that never goes out of style.

A homemade cake’s simplicity and mouth-watering taste are unmatched by any store-bought version.

However, buying all the ingredients required for baking can be quite costly, leading some individuals to reconsider making their favourite treats.

But what if we told you that making your cake didn’t have to cost an arm and a leg?

An Aussie mum has recently posted a video introducing an amazingly simple two-ingredient cake trick that took the internet by storm.

The mum-of-three suggested using a 90c packet of vanilla cake mix from either Coles or Woolies, plus a can of fruit.

In the video, she demonstrated how to prepare a delectable cake using tinned pears, which cost approximately $2.

However, she emphasised that any type of canned fruit could be utilised in the recipe. In fact, she revealed that in her previous recipe, she had used tinned peaches with great success.

She shared: ‘With the peaches one, I crushed them up with a spoon so they weren’t as big, and I’m probably going to do the same with the pears.’

The 2-ingredient cake is a budget-friendly way to satisfy your sweet cravings. Credit: TikTok/@claudiashops.

The woman also sprinkled cinnamon sugar through the two-ingredient cake mix, which she said was 'optional'.

After the mixture was prepared, she spooned it into a muffin tray and placed it in the oven to bake at precisely 160°C degrees using the fan-forced setting.

She timed it for exactly 22 minutes, allowing the muffins to rise to perfection.

‘People have been doing it since the ‘80s, which I’ve been told five million times.’

‘(But) it’s new to me, and new to a lot of other people on the app - some said they tried it for the first time and loved it.’

The video has since been viewed more than 120,000 times, and it’s been met with much enthusiasm.

'Thanks for posting these. I had all the ingredients in my pantry and made them this morning and they were soooo yummy,' another added.

Others who have attempted the tip before also shared their own recommendations for improving the recipe.

One person suggested: ‘Chocolate cake mix and tin cherries are an awesome combination also.’

'You can also use that cake mix and a can of lemonade - great for kids with allergies other than gluten,' another recommended.

A third chimed in: 'Creaming soda and chocolate chips, even threw in a mashed brown banana.’

‘It’s nice with a tin of blueberries also. The cake comes out vibrant purple,’ another shared.

Both Woolies and Coles currently sell Vanilla, Chocolate and Butter flavours in their 90c range.

View attachment 16092
Both cake mixes from Woolworths and Coles will only set you back at 90 cents. Credit: Woolworths/Coles.

Key Takeaways

• An Aussie mum shared a two-ingredient muffin trick on TikTok using simple Coles and Woolworths ingredients.
  • The tip involves using a 90c packet of vanilla cake mix and a can of fruit, mixing them together and baking.
  • The video has had more than 120,000 views, and many people commented with their own suggestions and positive experiences.
  • The trick has been praised as a cheap and easy baking method, perfect for those with various dietary restrictions.

We think it’s great to know that baking can be budget-friendly and accessible. So, try this two-ingredient cake tip if you’re after a delicious snack that won’t break the bank!

What are your thoughts about this ’90-cent’ cake? Does it look appetising to you? Let us know in the comments![/nextads][/nextads]

Google Kirby’s cravings. What she does with 2 or three ingredients is incredible. Great for people with allergies. I made several sone no eggs no butter etc, I would look and wonder how will this work but yet to have a failure.

Worth a try and even use half a packet of the cake mix and some pears and make a smaller one and keep the opened cake mix in the fridge for a later date and unused pears in the freezer.

Reactions: Phyll and Ricci
Reactions: Ricci

View attachment 16092

Key Takeaways

What are your thoughts about this ’90-cent’ cake? Does it look appetising to you? Let us know in the comments!

I seen this on FB and thought I'd have a go at it. I used the Woolies 340g gram Butter Cake Mix and a Woolies 410g can of Fruit Salad in Juice. The mix made 12 muffins that taste awesome. I was impressed at how good they taste - will be having another go with different fruit etc.

• Love
Reactions: Petra and Ricci
I need a recipe for cakes or muffins with less or no sugar . I’ve tried using stevia but don’t like the taste .

• Sad
I need a recipe for cakes or muffins with less or no sugar . I’ve tried using stevia but don’t like the taste .
I have a recipe for a blueberry loaf cake with 1/2 cup sugar. Is this too much? Or a banana loaf recipe with honey instead of sugar. If the recipe says 1 cup, I use 1/2 cup sugar and it doesn't taste different.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phyll and Ricci

View attachment 16092

Key Takeaways

I’m 64 and it’s new to me 😋