Woolies shopper shares her online shopping fail, and others were quick to follow: “I had a good laugh!”

One woman posted a ‘shocking’ discovery after receiving her online grocery order from Woolworths, which prompted people to share similar experiences.

fBZ_7Sc6Fta1lDjjVjSUokfHZisiX7aCVdoVzVYuRenbusaBwFY6dnVDNkp33biGd7KX0x7n9LeIQz61rfMdPo5Qhy4K_SADDYBkVUTcLACDZPKG_7Y8gGn20F77sCDbrW9661vl

People shared their Woolies online grocery mishaps. Credit: 7News.

Sharing in a Facebook group, one Woolies shopper posted a photo of an ‘unexpected discovery’ in her online grocery haul, with the caption: “You know there is a food shortage when this comes in your online Woolies order for an iceberg lettuce.”

Instead of a big, fully-grown iceberg lettuce, the woman received a tiny bunch of leaves no bigger than the palm of her hand.

As you can imagine, she was left in shock.

Her post gained a staggering amount of attention within the Facebook group, and over a thousand comments flooded in from fellow shoppers.

Many were quick to see the humour in the surprisingly common situation.

“That’s the saddest looking lettuce, you probably would’ve been better off with two leaves of the real iceberg lettuce,” wrote one person, and added: “Just like the Titanic, they couldn’t see the iceberg.”

Another person joked, “I thought the Woolworths mini collectables were finished?!”

Some people asked the woman if she filed a complaint to the retailer, to which she responded: “I didn't complain holding up phone lines, I get it!”

“I will just go with the flow. A lot more doing it tougher than me,” she added.

“I just saw the funny side of it LOL I didn't get angry, just the opposite. I had a good laugh!”

UKuzZLJxisBp0u2ldJ0t8ALhxBRJz8U7YH4uDstbv83mkfg9uCTP8SNATRiTO82Nqehj05d7GVzT71s7fFI4biSqSJz_zgoEd0q1HkE5LyEouqDuQywyi-PH7B5y0490EagOAivf

One Woolies shopper received a ‘tiny’ lettuce instead of an iceberg lettuce. Credit: Facebook.

Many fellow Woolies shoppers shared their ‘online delivery fails’ as well.

One person described a similar ‘ridiculous’ experience, where instead of a regular-sized cauliflower, they received an apple-sized one.

Another shopper chimed in and said she received a smaller-than-usual tomato.

One mum shared another hilarious shopping fail incident, saying: “They substituted a whole rockmelon for half and it was smaller than my hand. Also, I ordered nappies for my son, and they sent tampons instead.”

However, not everyone was disappointed with their Woolies online experience. Some said that the item they received was better than the item they ordered, while others scored more than what they paid.

“I ordered a pack of tomatoes, and they gave me a variety of tomatoes that would be larger than the pack I ordered. Loving the variety and can’t complain,” wrote one satisfied customer.

Woolworths has responded to the growing number of ‘complaints’ they received from their customers.

“We have a dedicated team of personal shoppers who work hard to handpick thousands of online orders to the highest standard every day,” said the spokesperson.

“While our teams work hard to provide a great experience every time, we don't always get it right, and this order fell well below our usual standards for produce.”

“We encourage the customer to contact us directly so we can provide a refund.”

Do you have any humorous online grocery ‘fails’ as well? Share them with us in the comments below!

Reactions: Ricci
Sponsored
With the thousands of shopping orders filled daily I would be most surprised if there wasn't one or two glitches. I shop online with woolies and they have a really good system if thing go awry. They refund, no questions asked with just a couple of clicks of the mouse.

With the thousands of shopping orders filled daily I would be most surprised if there wasn't one or two glitches. I shop online with woolies and they have a really good system if thing go awry. They refund, no questions asked with just a couple of clicks of the mouse.
I find Woolies substitutions really good, cannot fault them

I always request "no substitutes".
I used to do this on all my items but with the short supply of goods you end up with a lot of refunds, but if you tick substitution you at least get some food or other supplies in your order (better than nothing).