Woolies’ delivery service draws flak online – can you see what’s wrong?

Seniors, who might struggle to work around a supermarket due to health or transportation issues, often revert to shopping online and getting their groceries delivered right at the front door, seeing it is the safest and easiest option – not to mention, it’s a money-saver too!

They no longer have to go through the hassle of going from aisle to aisle, and they no longer have to line up at long checkout queues.

And while online grocery deliveries can be heaven-sent for some, it tends to be a hit-and-miss to others – particularly Woolies’ delivery service!

One Woolworths shopper has taken to Twitter to complain about his most recent home delivery which left him fuming.

Just take a look at the photo below. Can you see what’s wrong?

rV6yK8xo5wSnXTHCnsyPbe8eHHnJsNkZGKrao5lac68-XB4RU3Xv2NEUhnIgphdv6x_bL4JMjgbHquKbslMYI2KdREgHopkA_FRSvQi7lfPVDSYiwK9ny5Zfjt2aP3zmhrb55ocy

A Woolies shopper has spoken of his frustration after receiving a recent home delivery. Credit: Twitter.
“Hey Woolworths, what’s wrong with this picture?” the customer asked the official Twitter account of the supermarket.

Apparently, the delivery driver from Woolies had left the shopper’s grocery packages just outside his front door. At first glance, there seems to be nothing wrong with where the staffer left the bags.

But after taking a closer look, it can be observed that the customer’s screen door opens outwards. Meaning, it would be very difficult for him to go out and get his groceries since the bags are blocking the door from opening.

Other Woolies shoppers who saw the man’s tweet responded by sharing their similar experiences with the store’s delivery service.

One user wrote: “I once had a giant case of beer delivered and stacked against my door.”

“I was on the inside and the case was on the outside, preventing us from getting out of the house. Had to jump the fence.”

The official Twitter account of Woolworths has responded to the post by thanking the shopper for reaching out and asking for his contact details to address the problem.

However, the man replied with a firm: “No.”

“Just train your drivers not to leave bags of groceries blocking doorways. It's really not that hard.”

He also added that this situation can make it hard for seniors and those with a disability to access their groceries, and a little effort from the store delivery drivers can go a long way.

Previously, we also wrote about another delivery mishap from Woolies.

One woman complained that she received too many plastic bags for her order, which seemed to be a lot of plastic waste. Also, the delivery arrived really late, which prompted her to “never use the delivery service” from the store ever again.

Some of our members also shared their disappointing experiences with Woolworths delivery service.

Our member @DiMcg shared that Woolies used to “jam-pack” their grocery items into a few bags, which caused their eggs to crack, some cleaning fluid and a yoghurt tube to leak, and their bread to be squashed. The bags even ripped from the weight of the items!

On the other hand, it’s not all bad things. Some of our members also shared their good experiences with the supermarket’s delivery service.

Our member @Ricci said that they tend to recycle and reuse the extra bags they get from Woolies.

“I had a delivery just last week that was packed into rubbish bags, the delivery guy apologised and said they had run out of the proper bags. I didn't complain… I've now got several weeks' worth of rubbish sacks that I didn't have to pay for!! Win for me!” they said.

A second member agreed and added: “We use them every day for rubbish bags and have been really scratching for bags some days. I refuse to buy them and are truly doing our best to recycle but not at an extra cost.”

Member @Vicki.E. also said: “I have been very happy with Woolies Online Delivery. They give you the option of plastic bags or reusable brown paper bags which could be used as rubbish bags keeping plastic out of the landfill.”

What do you think of the supermarket giants' delivery services? Do they need to improve or are you a happy customer?

Sponsored
i've had no trouble with the drivers except with this 1 young indian guy wouldn't bring them inside to my kitchen he left them along the front door i told him i requested always to bring them to my kitchen table he refused and said the company s policy he didn't have to i was furious cause i'm elderly and can't carry them i did this time because how would my son come home from work and would't be able to get inside so i had to move them it was a big order i did my right shoulder and neck in i had to have panadol for the pain and the girls that pack the orders they are heavy they pack them to full marg:mad:(n)

The supermarkets only Deliver for free if you spend $50 or more per week. I am a pensioner living on my own and never spend $50 per week. So I have to go there myself to shop. I live on a South African pension, so when converted to $ is less than half of what Australian pensioners get.

We have always been happy with the Woolies delivery service. They always put it to the side of our front door. Any plastic bags i leave for them to take back to the store.

Reactions: Ricci
Twitter = sewer. Just another way for those with little else to do and complain.

Doesn’t the cost of the bags make it expensive ? or is that included in the delivery cost .I haven’t needed use home delivery yet hence thee question
If you have to pay, Woolies charge $1, doesn't matter how many you use. I don't pay either delivery fees or bag fees so long as my order is over $50.:)

I am more than happy with the service I receive from my local woolies. They are helpful, courteous, and almost always on or ahead of time. Any problems that have arisen have been swiftly sorted {almost always in my favour} and refunds given no questions asked. I would recommend them to anyone that asked.:)

Seniors, who might struggle to work around a supermarket due to health or transportation issues, often revert to shopping online and getting their groceries delivered right at the front door, seeing it is the safest and easiest option – not to mention, it’s a money-saver too!

They no longer have to go through the hassle of going from aisle to aisle, and they no longer have to line up at long checkout queues.

And while online grocery deliveries can be heaven-sent for some, it tends to be a hit-and-miss to others – particularly Woolies’ delivery service!

One Woolworths shopper has taken to Twitter to complain about his most recent home delivery which left him fuming.

rV6yK8xo5wSnXTHCnsyPbe8eHHnJsNkZGKrao5lac68-XB4RU3Xv2NEUhnIgphdv6x_bL4JMjgbHquKbslMYI2KdREgHopkA_FRSvQi7lfPVDSYiwK9ny5Zfjt2aP3zmhrb55ocy

A Woolies shopper has spoken of his frustration after receiving a recent home delivery. Credit: Twitter.
“Hey Woolworths, what’s wrong with this picture?” the customer asked the official Twitter account of the supermarket.

Apparently, the delivery driver from Woolies had left the shopper’s grocery packages just outside his front door. At first glance, there seems to be nothing wrong with where the staffer left the bags.

But after taking a closer look, it can be observed that the customer’s screen door opens outwards. Meaning, it would be very difficult for him to go out and get his groceries since the bags are blocking the door from opening.

Other Woolies shoppers who saw the man’s tweet responded by sharing their similar experiences with the store’s delivery service.

One user wrote: “I once had a giant case of beer delivered and stacked against my door.”

“I was on the inside and the case was on the outside, preventing us from getting out of the house. Had to jump the fence.”

The official Twitter account of Woolworths has responded to the post by thanking the shopper for reaching out and asking for his contact details to address the problem.

“Just train your drivers not to leave bags of groceries blocking doorways. It's really not that hard.”

He also added that this situation can make it hard for seniors and those with a disability to access their groceries, and a little effort from the store delivery drivers can go a long way.

One woman complained that she received too many plastic bags for her order, which seemed to be a lot of plastic waste. Also, the delivery arrived really late, which prompted her to “never use the delivery service” from the store ever again.

Some of our members also shared their disappointing experiences with Woolworths delivery service.

Our member @DiMcg shared that Woolies used to “jam-pack” their grocery items into a few bags, which caused their eggs to crack, some cleaning fluid and a yoghurt tube to leak, and their bread to be squashed. The bags even ripped from the weight of the items!

On the other hand, it’s not all bad things. Some of our members also shared their gooexperiences with the supermarket’s delivery service.

Our member @Ricci said that they tend to recycle and reuse the extra bags they get from Woolies.

“I had a delivery just last week that was packed into rubbish bags, the delivery guy apologised and said they had run out of the proper bags. I didn't complain… I've now got several weeks' worth of rubbish sacks that I didn't have to pay for!! Win for me!” they said.

A second member agreed and added: “We use them every day for rubbish bags and have been really scratching for bags some days. I refuse to buy them and are truly doing our best to recycle but not at an extra cost.”

Member @Vicki.E. also said: “I have been very happy with Woolies Online Delivery. They give you the option of plastic bags or reusable brown paper bags which could be used as rubbish bags keeping plastic out of the landfill.”

What do you think of the supermarket giants' delivery services? Do they need to improve or are you a happy customer?
It's

On the other hand, it’s not all bad things. Some of our members also shared their good experiences with the supermarket’s delivery service.

It's not just Woolies, between my adult offspring at home and me, we have quite a few deliveries, and this seems to be the in thing at the moment, they nearly all leave the parcels in front of the door. It's not so bad if it's a smallish parcel, but one daughter has boxes of wine delivered, and if no-one else is home, it's up to me to wrestle the box away from the door and then get it inside.

• Sad

I too have had problems with delivered items. Chicken breasts being slimy and bacon being green. Goods being substituted with goods that are entirely different from what I ordered. When I complained I was told to return them to the store. Oh no. Is this why I have my shopping delivered just to have to go there anyway to return the goods that are not fresh. I know their policy is, if it is not fresh it is free, but when you live 20mins from the nearest store it is not a cheap exercise to return the goods.

• Sad
I get frustrated with the packing, why do some bags have 2 or 3 small items while another bag holds so many drink bottles I can’t lift it?
I got an answer from a Coles delivery driver just recently. It is the way your groceries are gathered. Each aisle gets its own crate, they don't have time to pack everything into bags the same way the checkout does, so you end up with multiple bags, or really heavy or really light on bags.

I would give anything to be able to even get the delivery service up on my PC. Truly. I am not stupid & have tried SO OFTEN. Everyone seems too busy to show me. At 96, A RECYCLED TEENAGER & a smart cookie, (pardon the ego) I'd pay someone for their help.

I would give anything to be able to even get the delivery service up on my PC. Truly. I am not stupid & have tried SO OFTEN. Everyone seems too busy to show me. At 96, A RECYCLED TEENAGER & a smart cookie, (pardon the ego) I'd pay someone for their help.
Where do you live? Maybe if you call Woolies they will talk you through it. It's not difficult. Local high schools often have a computer club and one of those kids could help.

A similar accuracy 3 large heavy boxes of alcohol at Christmas Could not open fly screen door Had to get a pair of scissors to open each box and pry each bottle or win cask out toss the empty box until I could open the door Some good came out of it I did a review in it and won a $100 voucher! Another experience was leave at door under porch The groceries were all on the path leading to the door in the winter in the rain instead of being under cover No photo for that one too dark

Attachments

• AB14DBD3-C457-44AF-816E-A52EAE7C880B.png
    AB14DBD3-C457-44AF-816E-A52EAE7C880B.png
    683.9 KB · Views: 1
maybe Woolies can explain to me why my friend does not pay for delivery or bags and I don't mean the 30 day scheme, it is all the time. I was so impressed with this I ordered online for the first and I might add the only time but was charged for delivery and also $1 for the bags!!! very disgruntled customer

In all fairness I don't think the delivery driver really has time to be checking if every door he leaves bags at opens inwards or outwards, and I think delivery should be free, someone said the driver has to be paid, I really think woollies can afford to do free delivery, they can afford to pay their CEO millions of dollars a year so the people who are paying that surely could get free delivery.

In all fairness I don't think the delivery driver really has time to be checking if every door he leaves bags at opens inwards or outwards, and I think delivery should be free, someone said the driver has to be paid, I really think woollies can afford to do free delivery, they can afford to pay their CEO millions of dollars a year so the people who are paying that surely could get free delivery.
I don't pay for bags or delivery from Woolies as long as my orders are over $50 each.:)

It certainly doesnt take a genius to see that there is a screen door at the location. Without having to check, you would automatically know that a screen door opens outwards............ I might be too simplistic, but geez dave, TWO doors won't both open inwards......

It certainly doesnt take a genius to see that there is a screen door at the location. Without having to check, you would automatically know that a screen door opens outwards............ I might be too simplistic, but geez dave, TWO doors won't both open inwards......
Ok, I take your point.