Woman's time-saving drying hack will make your laundry days a breeze!

Admit it, no one likes doing the laundry… People will argue about almost anything, but if there’s one thing that we all might have in common, it’s the feeling of being haunted by a week’s worth of dirty clothes in the corner, waiting to be washed and dried. So if there’s an easier and quicker way to get the job done, we’ll take it with zero hesitation!

Fortunately, one super mum shared a game-changing trick that will save both your time and effort when hanging newly washed clothes to dry – and no, it doesn’t involve using a laundry basket.

The woman demonstrated the hack on TikTok, under the username @leralynn27, and immediately captured the attention of hundreds.

Une8roMxSiTATALti3OyJwWnBwMIuxznJS_r5QGajBOM7zsNcizJ_9IhHpTA09nbyR5b2AS7arDybSbipm8M5X42bJp3TQ8DKYWEpul4lSxOPqgLTDC9X4zYPBnAr3EQ1k7ps4b3Kqsttagio0MFvDw

The ultimate, time-saving laundry hack. Source: Unsplash

‘The laundry hack that I started doing randomly one day,’ Leralynn captioned her video. ‘It’s the best!’

She used a viral audio clip referred to as ‘ultimate life hacks’ by Kelly Hurst, with the voiceover saying: ‘Show me the life hack that you randomly saw one day, that is now an unconscious standard practice in your life.’

Leralynn said that instead of constantly bending over to grab a piece of clothing in the laundry basket, she neatly stacks the clothes over her washing machine and throws it over her shoulder.

She then hangs each piece of clothing on the washing line and follows with a single peg in the centre. As the garments are already laying flat on her shoulder, she saves the time usually spent unfolding them or shaking them out. Plus, your back will thank you for not overworking it!

4sKxMQ4y9H-k0wFtQs64XLfphoaIKLSeu_JbUTIx3nJysBM5G9NF7-j-I8z3I-2J-UwH457i8h2jxoYtwDS9Zm_G1t9KH93ssjpPbtnseq2MAPjcJG5ouZoQDTrSqI71ZoyixOFtDV0-e7fH0kd7840
7jiaoOu0tjb6SmHN8YyLzVoyZ6f5slBWlNkFvZBzNZ74bJK_asKBZSMSS-WLByVbhj1FhQvzym2RG4s9bue4l6tEMqGjiezyUpBwss7vBvWdCWRWMeGv8ukKC5WKmGz3vVVBvkzVtFSgZOjw0MnKvXQ

Throw the load over your shoulder and go with the flow. Source: @leralynn27

‘Undies and socks in the dryer, larger clothing items hung on the line,’ she added. ‘This saves me extra time and effort.’

TikTok users flooded the video’s comments section in full support of the tip.

‘Okay, yes! That’s so much better than bending down to grab the clothes.’ one user wrote.

‘My nan taught me this! It does make a huge difference when it comes to hanging laundry. I love that you shared it.’ added another.

‘I do this too. I never owned a washing basket in my life!’ chimed a third.

A fourth gushed: ‘OMG, you just changed my life.’

‘This video perfectly encapsulates the saying “Work smarter, not harder”.’ one more commented.

What are your thoughts about Leralynn’s laundry tip? Will you be giving it a go? Dare we ask if you have a better drying trick up your sleeve? Share it with us in the comments!

Watch the full TikTok video below:

Source: @leralynn27

Reactions: Ricci
Sponsored
This is part of my repertoire too, to save bending.
When I used to have a family-size wash, I used to peg the small items onto wire coat hangers, getting about 5 items per hanger. I had mini pegs inside.
When outside, it was quick and easy to hook the hangers into the frame of the clothesline.
It was quick to remove these if it started to rain, and to place them over the clothes rack inside for further airing-off in cold weather.
It also reduced the time outside in cold weather.

My shoulders are too narrow to hold more than a couple of things comfortably. What's wrong with a basket and trolley? I have wheeled my washing to the line for years now, also no bending so I find it a win, win.:)

Admit it, no one likes doing the laundry… People will argue about almost anything, but if there’s one thing that we all might have in common, it’s the feeling of being haunted by a week’s worth of dirty clothes in the corner, waiting to be washed and dried. So if there’s an easier and quicker way to get the job done, we’ll take it with zero hesitation!

Fortunately, one super mum shared a game-changing trick that will save both your time and effort when hanging newly washed clothes to dry – and no, it doesn’t involve using a laundry basket.

The woman demonstrated the hack on TikTok, under the username @leralynn27, and immediately captured the attention of hundreds.

Une8roMxSiTATALti3OyJwWnBwMIuxznJS_r5QGajBOM7zsNcizJ_9IhHpTA09nbyR5b2AS7arDybSbipm8M5X42bJp3TQ8DKYWEpul4lSxOPqgLTDC9X4zYPBnAr3EQ1k7ps4b3Kqsttagio0MFvDw

‘The laundry hack that I started doing randomly one day,’ Leralynn captioned her video. ‘It’s the best!’

She used a viral audio clip referred to as ‘ultimate life hacks’ by Kelly Hurst, with the voiceover saying: ‘Show me the life hack that you randomly saw one day, that is now an unconscious standard practice in your life.’

Leralynn said that instead of constantly bending over to grab a piece of clothing in the laundry basket, she neatly stacks the clothes over her washing machine and throws it over her shoulder.

She then hangs each piece of clothing on the washing line and follows with a single peg in the centre. As the garments are already laying flat on her shoulder, she saves the time usually spent unfolding them or shaking them out. Plus, your back will thank you for not overworking it!

4sKxMQ4y9H-k0wFtQs64XLfphoaIKLSeu_JbUTIx3nJysBM5G9NF7-j-I8z3I-2J-UwH457i8h2jxoYtwDS9Zm_G1t9KH93ssjpPbtnseq2MAPjcJG5ouZoQDTrSqI71ZoyixOFtDV0-e7fH0kd7840
7jiaoOu0tjb6SmHN8YyLzVoyZ6f5slBWlNkFvZBzNZ74bJK_asKBZSMSS-WLByVbhj1FhQvzym2RG4s9bue4l6tEMqGjiezyUpBwss7vBvWdCWRWMeGv8ukKC5WKmGz3vVVBvkzVtFSgZOjw0MnKvXQ

‘Undies and socks in the dryer, larger clothing items hung on the line,’ she added. ‘This saves me extra time and effort.’

‘Okay, yes! That’s so much better than bending down to grab the clothes.’ one user wrote.

‘My nan taught me this! It does make a huge difference when it comes to hanging laundry. I love that you shared it.’ added another.

‘This video perfectly encapsulates the saying “Work smarter, not harder”.’ one more commented.

What are your thoughts about Leralynn’s laundry tip? Will you be giving it a go? Dare we ask if you have a better drying trick up your sleeve? Share it with us in the comments!

She hangs the ‘damp’ clothes over her shoulder because she’s just too lazy to pick them up out of her laundry basket- wow 😯 what a loser !!

I use a laundry trolley and never have to bend over