Woman who drove for HOURS just to meet her date gets "blocked" the moment she arrives

For the past several weeks, Kiera McGinnity had been talking to a guy she met online almost every single day. That's why she was hopeful about the potential of a romantic relationship forming between them.

So, the two of them decided to meet in person, with Kiera travelling a long distance just to meet the man around his area.

However, she never expected that as soon as she arrived, she would get her heart broken.

dqCLmg0DAz49ZZKsgee-zuCcCVSmHvyKAYM_H92rzFqJysbhDvspgx70nqFSEphJmKTppvc7rq_IfFAef8ckOvVasYYV8B-DoNhz5vF15L8VKZMiQb3pRneDarLTuRbMoq7zfFKK

Kiera McGinnity drove for nearly three hours just to meet an online date. Credit: TikTok/@keepingupwithkieraxo.
On her TikTok account, Kiera shared the heartbreaking incident with her followers, saying: “Drives 2.5 hours to meet up with a guy I had been talking to for over a month."

“He blocks me on everything as soon as I get there.”

In her video's caption, she wrote: "True story friends. Don’t come at me for driving that far either."

But this didn't stop her followers, mostly fellow women, from slamming her for the "naive" decision.

One woman questioned her: "Why would you do that in the first place?"

“That’s why a man should always come to you,” wrote a second woman, adding: “Don’t ever do that again.”

A third agreed and wrote: "Never drive to see any man for the first time. You have to be careful out there."

Meanwhile, some users also joked about how inconvenient it must be to drive to a first date amidst the ongoing petrol price hikes.

And despite several comments reprimanding Kiera, there were others who were more supportive of her decision and comforted her for the unfortunate situation.

"You dodged a bullet!" wrote one user, along with a red flag emoji.

A second user suggested treating online dating like a job interview. "One phone call and then one meeting. Do not over-invest in phone calls and texting," she said.

Thankfully, Kiera had a stroke of luck when she drove again for another guy, writing in the comments section: "I did it again for another guy. And it went SO well."

We wish her all the best – and we hope she took this unfortunate incident as a life lesson.

And while we're on the topic, this brings us to the question – is it acceptable for women to go to great lengths to pursue a man?

Or is it still much better for the men to make the first move?

What are your thoughts, members? Let us know in the comments below!

• Sad
Reactions: Ricci and BJM
Sponsored
Woman who drove for HOURS just to meet her date gets "blocked" the moment she arrives

For the past several weeks, Kiera McGinnity had been talking to a guy she met online almost every single day. That's why she was hopeful about the potential of a romantic relationship forming between them.

So, the two of them decided to meet in person, with Kiera travelling a long distance just to meet the man around his area.

However, she never expected that as soon as she arrived, she would get her heart broken.

dqCLmg0DAz49ZZKsgee-zuCcCVSmHvyKAYM_H92rzFqJysbhDvspgx70nqFSEphJmKTppvc7rq_IfFAef8ckOvVasYYV8B-DoNhz5vF15L8VKZMiQb3pRneDarLTuRbMoq7zfFKK

Kiera McGinnity drove for nearly three hours just to meet an online date. Credit: TikTok/@keepingupwithkieraxo.
On her TikTok account, Kiera shared the heartbreaking incident with her followers, saying: “Drives 2.5 hours to meet up with a guy I had been talking to for over a month."

In her video's caption, she wrote: "True story friends. Don’t come at me for driving that far either."

But this didn't stop her followers, mostly fellow women, from slamming her for the "naive" decision.

“That’s why a man should always come to you,” wrote a second woman, adding: “Don’t ever do that again.”

A third agreed and wrote: "Never drive to see any man for the first time. You have to be careful out there."

Meanwhile, some users also joked about how inconvenient it must be to drive to a first date amidst the ongoing petrol price hikes.

And despite several comments reprimanding Kiera, there were others who were more supportive of her decision and comforted her for the unfortunate situation.

A second user suggested treating online dating like a job interview. "One phone call and then one meeting. Do not over-invest in phone calls and texting," she said.

Thankfully, Kiera had a stroke of luck when she drove again for another guy, writing in the comments section: "I did it again for another guy. And it went SO well."

We wish her all the best – and we hope she took this unfortunate incident as a life lesson.

And while we're on the topic, this brings us to the question – is it acceptable for women to go to great lengths to pursue a man?

These women won't learn will they. These scammers are talked about on tv all the time. All they wont is to suck you into thinking you are so special, then they start asking for money. One lady who was on tv had given $95.000. Can you believe it.

I suggest : Do not drive to any “ on line guys” house nor allow him to drive to your address, keep that confidential until you have met in person at a neutral location , maybe more than once or twice even. There are a lot of “ players” out there. Crumbs, 20 years ago I met an Anerican girl who had “ met an Aussie guy on line”, invested a year of her life in “ corrsespondence”, taken her 2 weeks precious Annual Leave ( that’s all Americans generally get!), flown to OZ, gone to said guys address only to have the door opened & then closed in her face! Devastating……After travel time etc she had 10 days left in Australia & no alternative holiday plan other than to spend time with her online “ boyfriend”. I told her to leave Newcastle, stay at the YWCA or YHA in Sydney, meet some other solo girl travellers & go explore that scenic city; don’t waste what was left of her time grieving for the dipstick who had led her on! Don’t know if he “ took her” for $ as well; didn’t ask that question. I left her much brighter, intending to catch a train back to Sydney, after our coffee shop chat.

These women won't learn will they. These scammers are talked about on tv all the time. All they wont is to suck you into thinking you are so special, then they start asking for money. One lady who was on tv had given $95.000. Can you believe it.
Happens quite often, such is the need or desire to be loved. Equally or even worse is the domestic violence/coercive control these men can impose if met in person. 😡

• Sad
Reactions: Ricci
Happens quite often, such is the need or desire to be loved. Equally or even worse is the domestic violence/coercive control these men can impose if met in person. 😡
while i sympathise with her I will also say that not all men that are met 0line are bad, I and a lot of people that I know, also have met some really great men online, the secret is to only use dating sites that are strictly regulated and have a good reputation. I met my husband on a well known dating site 17 years ago, we chatted for a few months before agreeing to meet at a local pub, close to me and then went to one of my favourite restuarants also close to me, we were married a year later and we are still very happy, I have no regrets about the way that we met at all.

they are all scum of the earth if i didn't wake up in time i would be on the news dead you have to be very careful with online dating the photos are fake and you don't know who the person is on the other side of the computer i live with my older adult son and i really think he saved me because they don't want anyone around him and you i have learnt my lesson now i'm happy on my own stuff the men i don't want anyone happy on my own so be careful out there marg:poop::mad:(n):oops:

Each to their own but you can't be too careful these days and that goes both ways. There are as many scumbag females out there as there are men. Whilst there is a lot of good on the internet there is unfortunately the opportunity for great harm too. Take things slowly and carefully and always be on the alert for red flags🚩🚩

No man is worth that !

• Wow
I personally would approach it with caution. It may work out really well but unfortunately there are a few bad apples out there who are only in it for themselves. But please don't blame the entire way of meeting people as bad. It is the person that is good or bad. As mentioned above by a few people, they have had positive experiences.
Also always remember, if they ask for money that is always a red flag for me. Go with your eyes very wide open and under no illusions.

Reactions: Gaena and Ricci
My daughter met a chap online, not on a dating site but on a music forum. He came out from the UK to meet her, flew back home after a month, sorted out everything in the UK, flew back here and they have now been married for 15 years and have two gorgeous boys. My wonderful grandsons. Sometimes it just works 💖💖
I think big changes have happened to on line meetings in last 15 years….. a music forum is a social site but not dating specific. Nice your daughter met a nice guy through a mutual love of music.🎼

NO !