Woman stirs controversy after revealing “INVENTIVE HACK” FOR SAVING $200 by asking a stranger she met online to install her shelves in her home

A woman has stirred controversy on social media after she revealed that she asked a stranger — who she met through an online dating app — to install her new shelves in her home.

Nikol has taken to TikTok to share her "inventive hack" for getting free installation services, saving her $200.

Credit: TikTok/@peevadiva

She says in her now-viral video: “When the handyman wants to charge you $200 to hang up shelves so you find someone on Tinder [dating app] to do it for free.”

The clip shows her "date" taking measurements from her wall with tape, marking the spots where the second shelf goes.

Nikol also confessed that she had been struggling to install the shelves herself for three days so she decided to ask for help.

However, when she found out that the handyman fee costs $200, she resorted to other "methods" that would save her a pretty penny.

vgzdVnLGbfLB9mJxshpUGHCzz9-_PfrhZd9vHHgHMt0hCwQaVpBig4csUZWHjcBjZ__YbLu-1kbkYlzzFUoha70DgpmfDRbXwmmKf1WXrYPnXJ1bOwYUqsBSsA-GRsbV37rNC8Y

Nikol said that she invited her date over to install her shelves for her. Credit: TikTok/@peevadiva.

It is not surprising that the video — which amassed more than 2.8 million views — was met with criticisms from other TikTok users, with many calling her out for her sneaky way of getting a free service.

However, a number of women on the platform stood up for Nikol, claiming that they also turned to dating apps for help.

One woman wrote: “That time this guy from Bumble renovated my bathroom in exchange for a home-cooked meal.”

“I literally had two different guys from Tinder build my nightstands for me," another confessed.

A third shared: My whole apartment is put together by different men. It is what it is.”

“I once made a random guy I brought home from the bar set up a hammock for me in my backyard at 2 am,” another added.

Others pointed out that the man seemed to have installed the shelves upside down.

One person wrote: “Screaming at them being upside down.”

“Shelf is literally upside down.” another quipped.

Nikol was quick to defend her date, sharing a follow-up video explaining that the shelves were installed correctly.

She said in the video: “So about one million people think that I hung my shelves upside down so here are the instructions.”

“However, there is a ‘type B’ option where you can in fact flip the brackets the other way but I chose to hang mine like this."

“So far they’ve been holding up everything just fine.”

It seems that Nikol has yet to update if she and the stranger had or will have a second date, but at least she had her shelves installed.

• Wow
Reactions: Nilved and Ricci
Sponsored
It's no wonder that some guys have a very poor opinion of us females if this is how they are treated. I wouldn't ask anybody for a favour unless I knew them very well and had some way of paying them in kind, maybe a six pack or some such. This is surely a case of privileged young people thinking it's all about them. No wonder they have to resort to places like Tinder to find friends and partners.:mad:

Woman stirs controversy after revealing “INVENTIVE HACK” FOR SAVING $200 by asking a stranger she met online to install her shelves in her home

A woman has stirred controversy on social media after she revealed that she asked a stranger — who she met through an online dating app — to install her new shelves in her home.

Nikol has taken to TikTok to share her "inventive hack" for getting free installation services, saving her $200.

She says in her now-viral video: “When the handyman wants to charge you $200 to hang up shelves so you find someone on Tinder [dating app] to do it for free.”

The clip shows her "date" taking measurements from her wall with tape, marking the spots where the second shelf goes.

Nikol also confessed that she had been struggling to install the shelves herself for three days so she decided to ask for help.

However, when she found out that the handyman fee costs $200, she resorted to other "methods" that would save her a pretty penny.

vgzdVnLGbfLB9mJxshpUGHCzz9-_PfrhZd9vHHgHMt0hCwQaVpBig4csUZWHjcBjZ__YbLu-1kbkYlzzFUoha70DgpmfDRbXwmmKf1WXrYPnXJ1bOwYUqsBSsA-GRsbV37rNC8Y

Nikol said that she invited her date over to install her shelves for her. Credit: TikTok/@peevadiva.

It is not surprising that the video — which amassed more than 2.8 million views — was met with criticisms from other TikTok users, with many calling her out for her sneaky way of getting a free service.

However, a number of women on the platform stood up for Nikol, claiming that they also turned to dating apps for help.

One woman wrote: “That time this guy from Bumble renovated my bathroom in exchange for a home-cooked meal.”

“I literally had two different guys from Tinder build my nightstands for me," another confessed.

A third shared: My whole apartment is put together by different men. It is what it is.”

“I once made a random guy I brought home from the bar set up a hammock for me in my backyard at 2 am,” another added.

Others pointed out that the man seemed to have installed the shelves upside down.

Nikol was quick to defend her date, sharing a follow-up video explaining that the shelves were installed correctly.

She said in the video: “So about one million people think that I hung my shelves upside down so here are the instructions.”

“However, there is a ‘type B’ option where you can in fact flip the brackets the other way but I chose to hang mine like this."

It seems that Nikol has yet to update if she and the stranger had or will have a second date, but at least she had her shelves installed.

Wow….users!!!

It's no wonder that some guys have a very poor opinion of us females if this is how they are treated. I wouldn't ask anybody for a favour unless I knew them very well and had some way of paying them in kind, maybe a six pack or some such. This is surely a case of privileged young people thinking it's all about them. No wonder they have to resort to places like Tinder to find friends and partners.:mad:
Maybe she paid him with her body

Wow!!! This is disgusting!!! If a man was to try something similar, they would be vilified!!
This is not ok … it’s manipulative behaviour at its best, and I think any prospective date should run for the hills!! (My opinion!!)
Manipulative behaviour by a woman !!!??? Get real ! it's called marriage

• Wow
Reactions: Ricci
If that was the case it speaks volumes about her.
I cannot agree with you more! She certainly wouldn't post this, if the guy turned out to be a rapist. Poor thing, she would be the victim in all this.....Dah. This sort of behaviour gives women a bad name, and men a bad wrap. In the end there are no winners.

Reactions: KatKop and Ricci

I hope she vetted him out prior to allowing him access to her home. Could have had a nasty end. Also a bit like using somebody just to get what you want free.

Reactions: Ricci