Woman reveals that she is in a happy marriage with a gay man, says they have great sex and chemistry

Our present-day society is progressing and becoming a much more inclusive space for everyone as more relationships that were deemed 'taboo' before, have become ‘normal’ today.

A marriage between a man and a woman is the 'norm' for most people. However, did you know that it is also possible for a woman to be happily married to a queer man and vice versa?

m-Uv0aLX879tt3-zVXdSoiLkQBtUSW3Kk5QobaTDVxRGa7cV-9gadE30fBAqq42zTh6e_p8O8jEHIObNL52NUdeYZLDONbKCNZCo1CZ8p57YQ3rrmz_q5qbskS0AbaB_WE__StU

‘Unconventional’ couple, Brynn and Matthew, revealed how they kept their relationship on track despite the fact that Brynn is straight and Matthew identifies as gay. Credit: SWNS/Mega.

This 'bizarre' setup is the everyday life of Brynn Embley and Matthew Neilson — Brynn identifies as a straight woman while Matthew Neilson identifies as ‘queer’.

The 35-year-old mum-of-two told The Sun that she isn't bothered with the fact that her husband identifies as pansexual who admitted that he is "more attracted to men than women".

In fact, Brynn said that she and her husband have great sex and chemistry since and have been married since 2017, adding that they keep their relationship on track with weekly sex feedback sessions.

Before the couple married in 2017, Matthew admitted that he dated both men and women but had never tried having sex with anyone.

Despite his doubts, if he'd ever enjoy being intimate with Brynn, Matthew still decided to tie the knot with her.

Now, the couple are proud parents to two kids.

The pair are members of the of Church of Jesus Christ and Latter-Day Saints, a faith that doesn’t condone same-sex relationships,

However, Matthew, who admitted that he was attracted to men since he was a teenager, confessed that his strong motivation for dating women, despite identifying as gay, is that he doesn't want to be single and celibate forever.

-HlhCNmPGjxHNfhPkuvidcaq980iUlJCNMbKPyUcLnDlWgJ5yYPHVCWOLK03RLRJSNd5LZUUtYZvys8QtoL6gIc-iYo5PAYE6CaVfaVXCV3JErYHayYSm3OTJp9ZocYINtyN3dY

Matthew revealed that he was nervous about Brynn’s reaction when he came out to her as he was met with mixed reactions after he revealed his sexual orientation to his past dates. Credit: SWNS/Mega.

The couple first met each other at church in early 2016. After a couple of dates, Matthew came out to Brynn as gay.

Matthew admitted that he was nervous about what Brynn would think, detailing that he was met with mixed reactions from women he dated throughout his twenties when he revealed his sexual orientation to them.

However, Brynn just shrugged it off.

Brynn said: "He looked straight at me and said ‘Brynn, I’m gay.’ I remember it because he seemed so serious — or like he was looking for some sort of reaction from me."

“It just wasn’t a huge deal, he was with me, his choice — what else mattered?

“I already knew that we didn’t have a strong chemical attraction as I had experienced with other boyfriends, but it didn’t really matter to me."

“I know he thinks I’m attractive, and I know he’s drawn to me, and his sexual orientation didn’t negate those things."

“I was really happy that I had a relationship where the selling point was liking and respecting each other as people.”

The couple dated as boyfriend and girlfriend for a few months before Matthew broke the relationship off because of his strong feelings for a man.

Matthew explained: “I don’t think that I actually had a lot of emotional bandwidth at that time because I was still trying to deal with my strong feelings about another guy."

“It didn’t feel fair to either of us to keep up the relationship if I wasn’t sure about that basic attraction.”

The pair remained friends until they started dating again in September 2017 after Brynn's then-boyfriend told them that they had chemistry.

Matthew said: “It was definitely a leap of faith because I still wasn’t certain what sex with Brynn, or any woman, would look like.

“But we trusted that the other elements of our relationship were there and if that part was more difficult, we could work on it together.”

Brynn said: “There was this mutual feeling of complete and utter happiness — like he was my person.”

Matthew added: “I still was uncertain about the strength of our sexual connection.

“I tried to be as open as I could that I wasn’t sure whether I would even enjoy sex with her or with any woman.

“But I think we both felt reassured that we enjoyed cuddling, holding hands, and kissing.”

The couple said that therapy and weekly sex discussions where they offer feedback and tips keep their relationship on track.

“We enjoyed kissing, and hoped everything else would at least be OK," Brynn told The Sun.

“I think that many more people are gay, bi, pan, or other, than have made that known openly."

“A lot of my previous relationships revolved around that chemical attraction, not having that be the driving force was refreshing."

“I think that liking and matching with a person is so much more central to a long-term relationship."

“And it turns out that the sex thing works great, so it all worked out.”

Matthew added: “I had never had sex before, with a man or a woman."

“I didn’t even really know myself how strong my orientation to one gender or another might be."

“While I was more attracted to men, in general, there had been a few women to whom I was really attracted."

“I had a strong motivation to try really hard to make it work with a woman so that I didn’t have to be lonely and celibate for the rest of my life."

“Obviously, not a great place for me or most of the women that I was dating."

“I’ve heard gay men say that they can’t even imagine trying to be sexual with a woman, and I have never felt that way."

Brynn and Matthew tied the knot on December 27, 2017, in Manti, Utah.

Brynn said: “For a while I would get stressed out if we weren’t having sex a certain number of times each week, because I thought it meant that Matthew wasn’t enjoying it enough.

“That’s not the case, and I try to remember that if we both feel satisfied sexually that’s all that matters.”

Brynn explained: “We share whether we need more if there’s anything the other can do to help make that a better part of our marriage, and so forth.”

The couple, who said that they are happy and monogamous, now have two daughters, Amandine and Guinevere, aged 2 and 1 respectively.

M0lt1xz66JUwDkjTuIRMJSIsPFoLWwNNwtVKbzv5Pm9MHR105eMykSxE6F2qeIbbVrtHSNs_2V9FShuR4m3M7IqD3owBeFa9bpoo284L5eEuhC0-93Dx1hrHI7evxvxQo2M7m5I

The couple now has two daughters, Amandine and Guinevere, aged 2 and 1 respectively. Credit: SWNS/Mega.

Brynn said: “Our religion teaches that marriage is only between a man and a woman, but we also want our children to be happy and secure in who they are and what or who they choose and are drawn to."

“Our goal is to support them whatever that looks like."

“We are so happy in this quirky, unique, sublime relationship.”

What are your thoughts on this ‘unconventional couple’? Share it with us in the comments below.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: paulamc52 and Joan
Sponsored
If this relationship works for them then that's great. Having a friendship where they can talk to each other, regardless of sex, makes for a stronger marriage. More people should put communication and caring before the physical to have a more rounded relationship.. They are obviously on the same page with each other. I applaud them.

I don't know who cobbled this story together from some other source, but pansexual and gay (or queer) do not mean the same thing.

Ridiculous. He never had sex with anyone before he married her. This is why virginity is over-rated. Experience helps us know ourselves.

Woman reveals that she is in a happy marriage with a gay man, says they have great sex and chemistry

Our present-day society is progressing and becoming a much more inclusive space for everyone as more relationships that were deemed 'taboo' before, have become ‘normal’ today.

A marriage between a man and a woman is the 'norm' for most people. However, did you know that it is also possible for a woman to be happily married to a queer man and vice versa?

m-Uv0aLX879tt3-zVXdSoiLkQBtUSW3Kk5QobaTDVxRGa7cV-9gadE30fBAqq42zTh6e_p8O8jEHIObNL52NUdeYZLDONbKCNZCo1CZ8p57YQ3rrmz_q5qbskS0AbaB_WE__StU

‘Unconventional’ couple, Brynn and Matthew, revealed how they kept their relationship on track despite the fact that Brynn is straight and Matthew identifies as gay. Credit: SWNS/Mega.

This 'bizarre' setup is the everyday life of Brynn Embley and Matthew Neilson — Brynn identifies as a straight woman while Matthew Neilson identifies as ‘queer’.

The 35-year-old mum-of-two told The Sun that she isn't bothered with the fact that her husband identifies as pansexual who admitted that he is "more attracted to men than women".

In fact, Brynn said that she and her husband have great sex and chemistry since and have been married since 2017, adding that they keep their relationship on track with weekly sex feedback sessions.

Before the couple married in 2017, Matthew admitted that he dated both men and women but had never tried having sex with anyone.

Despite his doubts, if he'd ever enjoy being intimate with Brynn, Matthew still decided to tie the knot with her.

Now, the couple are proud parents to two kids.

The pair are members of the of Church of Jesus Christ and Latter-Day Saints, a faith that doesn’t condone same-sex relationships,

However, Matthew, who admitted that he was attracted to men since he was a teenager, confessed that his strong motivation for dating women, despite identifying as gay, is that he doesn't want to be single and celibate forever.

-HlhCNmPGjxHNfhPkuvidcaq980iUlJCNMbKPyUcLnDlWgJ5yYPHVCWOLK03RLRJSNd5LZUUtYZvys8QtoL6gIc-iYo5PAYE6CaVfaVXCV3JErYHayYSm3OTJp9ZocYINtyN3dY

Matthew revealed that he was nervous about Brynn’s reaction when he came out to her as he was met with mixed reactions after he revealed his sexual orientation to his past dates. Credit: SWNS/Mega.

The couple first met each other at church in early 2016. After a couple of dates, Matthew came out to Brynn as gay.

Matthew admitted that he was nervous about what Brynn would think, detailing that he was met with mixed reactions from women he dated throughout his twenties when he revealed his sexual orientation to them.

However, Brynn just shrugged it off.

Brynn said: "He looked straight at me and said ‘Brynn, I’m gay.’ I remember it because he seemed so serious — or like he was looking for some sort of reaction from me."

“It just wasn’t a huge deal, he was with me, his choice — what else mattered?

“I already knew that we didn’t have a strong chemical attraction as I had experienced with other boyfriends, but it didn’t really matter to me."

“I know he thinks I’m attractive, and I know he’s drawn to me, and his sexual orientation didn’t negate those things."

“I was really happy that I had a relationship where the selling point was liking and respecting each other as people.”

The couple dated as boyfriend and girlfriend for a few months before Matthew broke the relationship off because of his strong feelings for a man.

Matthew explained: “I don’t think that I actually had a lot of emotional bandwidth at that time because I was still trying to deal with my strong feelings about another guy."

“It didn’t feel fair to either of us to keep up the relationship if I wasn’t sure about that basic attraction.”

The pair remained friends until they started dating again in September 2017 after Brynn's then-boyfriend told them that they had chemistry.

Matthew said: “It was definitely a leap of faith because I still wasn’t certain what sex with Brynn, or any woman, would look like.

“But we trusted that the other elements of our relationship were there and if that part was more difficult, we could work on it together.”

Brynn said: “There was this mutual feeling of complete and utter happiness — like he was my person.”

Matthew added: “I still was uncertain about the strength of our sexual connection.

“I tried to be as open as I could that I wasn’t sure whether I would even enjoy sex with her or with any woman.

“But I think we both felt reassured that we enjoyed cuddling, holding hands, and kissing.”

The couple said that therapy and weekly sex discussions where they offer feedback and tips keep their relationship on track.

“We enjoyed kissing, and hoped everything else would at least be OK," Brynn told The Sun.

“I think that many more people are gay, bi, pan, or other, than have made that known openly."

“A lot of my previous relationships revolved around that chemical attraction, not having that be the driving force was refreshing."

“I think that liking and matching with a person is so much more central to a long-term relationship."

“And it turns out that the sex thing works great, so it all worked out.”

Matthew added: “I had never had sex before, with a man or a woman."

“I didn’t even really know myself how strong my orientation to one gender or another might be."

“While I was more attracted to men, in general, there had been a few women to whom I was really attracted."

“I had a strong motivation to try really hard to make it work with a woman so that I didn’t have to be lonely and celibate for the rest of my life."

“Obviously, not a great place for me or most of the women that I was dating."

“I’ve heard gay men say that they can’t even imagine trying to be sexual with a woman, and I have never felt that way."

Brynn and Matthew tied the knot on December 27, 2017, in Manti, Utah.

Brynn said: “For a while I would get stressed out if we weren’t having sex a certain number of times each week, because I thought it meant that Matthew wasn’t enjoying it enough.

“That’s not the case, and I try to remember that if we both feel satisfied sexually that’s all that matters.”

Brynn explained: “We share whether we need more if there’s anything the other can do to help make that a better part of our marriage, and so forth.”

The couple, who said that they are happy and monogamous, now have two daughters, Amandine and Guinevere, aged 2 and 1 respectively.

M0lt1xz66JUwDkjTuIRMJSIsPFoLWwNNwtVKbzv5Pm9MHR105eMykSxE6F2qeIbbVrtHSNs_2V9FShuR4m3M7IqD3owBeFa9bpoo284L5eEuhC0-93Dx1hrHI7evxvxQo2M7m5I

The couple now has two daughters, Amandine and Guinevere, aged 2 and 1 respectively. Credit: SWNS/Mega.

Brynn said: “Our religion teaches that marriage is only between a man and a woman, but we also want our children to be happy and secure in who they are and what or who they choose and are drawn to."

“Our goal is to support them whatever that looks like."

“We are so happy in this quirky, unique, sublime relationship.”

What are your thoughts on this ‘unconventional couple’? Share it with us in the comments below.

Hi I have 3 brothers,the youngest brother is gay,He has been married to a female and he now he is in a relationship with a male. He's ex wife remarried and they are all friends. Cheers Paula.

• Wow
Reactions: Xe