Woman on TikTok sparks outrage for wanting husband to get a vasectomy

A vasectomy is a very personal decision. The only person who knows if it’s the best choice for you – is you.

That is probably why people are raising their pitchforks and torches online over this woman on TikTok who is planning for her husband to have a vasectomy procedure so that he can no longer have kids if ever the two of them divorce.

pvjWdivtTCGzv41dm8SXm81nspAlETwEZ3GnqP6djUWiuQkiSNVAGoqtaYL7NRGr6KkkUsl2fao0enJING5DhGai4-cL9miT7SYt7rkps0s7EQC4Pp24S_XvPVqPqxQf9dsszbk2

Credit: TikTok/@swfl_mommanicoleof2.
On the popular video-sharing platform TikTok, one woman shared that she does not want her husband to have children with other women if ever the time comes the two of them call it quits and divorce.

“So that means [snip] after baby #3,” she wrote on the clip, which prompted a wave of strong opinions from her viewers.

One person commended the woman’s decision of asking her husband about getting the procedure. “I think what you want is understandable,” they said. “That is a very good man who truly loves you and his children if he is willing to do that.”

A second person agreed and said: “I'm a married man and I support this. It’s not about the woman, it's about the children.”

However, the rest of the comments in the section were not as supportive.

“Yikes… so glad not everyone is this crazy,” wrote one user.

A second user wrote: “Why do people think they can control other human beings?”

“I bet he only agrees to this so she won’t leave him. It’s all to make her happy,” they added, followed by a couple of red flag emojis.

A third user questioned the woman if she would be getting the procedure as well, since it would be unfair for the husband if he’s the only one to do it. The woman responded with, “Yes, I will be getting fixed as well.”

What do you think? Is the woman completely reasonable for insisting that she and her partner should no longer have children if ever they split up? Or do you agree with some users that this is some sort of a “manipulation” tactic against the husband?

Let us know in the comments below!

And while we’re on the topic, are you considering a vasectomy for yourself? To know more about the procedure, check out this video below!

Credit: Dr Sam Robbins.

Sponsored
Minefield of a subject, but I know personally of a man who had the snip voluntarily at his own instigation, as his wife was having health problems with with the pill. They had just the one child, but when the child was only about 5 years old she died. After a couple of years he met and wanted to marry another woman, but as he couldn't give her a child, it turned out to be an unhappy union. :(

What a defeatist attitude. Contemplating a split even before she's given marriage a proper go. If she has these thoughts I would suggest her marriage is doomed to fail.

What you do to your body is entirely up to you (but hopefully after consultation with your partner). My husband had the snip, it was his decision, I had input into that decision and ultimately we were both satisfied with the size of our family so he went ahead with it.

A vasectomy is a very personal decision. The only person who knows if it’s the best choice for you – is you.

That is probably why people are raising their pitchforks and torches online over this woman on TikTok who is planning for her husband to have a vasectomy procedure so that he can no longer have kids if ever the two of them divorce.

pvjWdivtTCGzv41dm8SXm81nspAlETwEZ3GnqP6djUWiuQkiSNVAGoqtaYL7NRGr6KkkUsl2fao0enJING5DhGai4-cL9miT7SYt7rkps0s7EQC4Pp24S_XvPVqPqxQf9dsszbk2

On the popular video-sharing platform TikTok, one woman shared that she does not want her husband to have children with other women if ever the time comes the two of them call it quits and divorce.

“So that means [snip] after baby #3,” she wrote on the clip, which prompted a wave of strong opinions from her viewers.

One person commended the woman’s decision of asking her husband about getting the procedure. “I think what you want is understandable,” they said. “That is a very good man who truly loves you and his children if he is willing to do that.”

A second person agreed and said: “I'm a married man and I support this. It’s not about the woman, it's about the children.”

“I bet he only agrees to this so she won’t leave him. It’s all to make her happy,” they added, followed by a couple of red flag emojis.

A third user questioned the woman if she would be getting the procedure as well, since it would be unfair for the husband if he’s the only one to do it. The woman responded with, “Yes, I will be getting fixed as well.”

What do you think? Is the woman completely reasonable for insisting that she and her partner should no longer have children if ever they split up? Or do you agree with some users that this is some sort of a “manipulation” tactic against the husband?

And while we’re on the topic, are you considering a vasectomy for yourself? To know more about the procedure, check out this video below!

Does she thought about if her husband passed away and she remarried and her new partner wanted children.

Reactions: Ricci
The fact that she used the word 'when' is what I noticed first. 'When we divorce' .....
That she felt the need to boast about it is the second thing - but I don't know why I'm surprised 😅

So many weird people advertise such personal issues on TicToc. I find it sickening. Vasectomy is not a suitable topic for a public platform. It is a private, personal decision

My hubby and I discussed our choices about the number of children we wanted and felt we could support and educate prior to marriage. When that stage was reached we talked about all our options to prevent more. As I was unable to handle the pill he felt he would go for the snip. Best thing for both of us. Our sex life was amazing, I guess it removed deep seated worries that we both must have been suppressing. Also was an option of reversal, not always successful but still there.

Minefield of a subject, but I know personally of a man who had the snip voluntarily at his own instigation, as his wife was having health problems with with the pill. They had just the one child, but when the child was only about 5 years old she died. After a couple of years he met and wanted to marry another woman, but as he couldn't give her a child, it turned out to be an unhappy union. :(
VinyIted,
It must have been very sad for both parents over their daughter’s death.
How sad the couple broke up.
Sometimes a vasectomy can be reversed.

Reactions: Ezzy

I think she is definitely unreasonable insisting on this operation. Is she planning on the two of them separating at some time in the future? Seems like a very selfish request even if she has stated that she too will have an Op. I would feel uncomfortable & even a bit suspicious about her motive.

How do you spell conceit, governance, selfishness, control of others and not yourself, bloody mindedness, lack of caring, dominance ... to mention a few. If you separate OR if you become a widow what are you going to do with your life and who are you going to relate to in your self-created cage? What happens if he finds someone else when he is a wodower? Are you trying to control him after death? There are other people in the world other than just you!!! Get off your platform or pillar and get real woman!

Reactions: Ezzy and Ricci