Woman on TikTok shares HILARIOUS haircut mishap: “This is what I got!”

We’ve all had our fair share of haircuts gone wrong.

While we agree that some of these stories are a nightmare for customers who have spent their hard-earned money on professional services, we have to admit that some of them leave us in stitches, too.

Take this one Aussie woman for example!

All Sharon wanted was a simple trim at her local hairdresser. She brought with her a reference picture so that the stylists would know how she wanted her hair to turn out.

But it seems like there was some sort of misunderstanding, seeing the result that she got was way off the mark.

Sharon, who goes by the username @ur.local.shazza on TikTok, made a video about the hilarious haircut incident and posted it on her account.

In the video clip, she wrote “Went for a trim so my hair would look like this,” along with the reference picture of the hairstyle she wanted.

And in the midst of her laughing and crying, we can partially make out Sharon calling the end result “so ugly”.

Towards the end of the video, she revealed the result of the visit to her local hairdresser.

“And this is what I got!” she says.

YmZ_I4tPMTytrkXxKq-twJO81q3IoRHJmZbRJJ62eEkwivjyS_2AFOTfjoLTIl_Oy6iMJoGxib09jQdw14e6mBItuRYr03KXJfjMqeroL1tM0Jal3LRStRT_n1MhqOuZFokn0ZWe

Sharon shares the result of her disastrous haircut. Credit: TikTok/@ur.local.shazza.

The video which was posted last year racked up to over a million views, with most people in the comments section finding humour in the situation, as well as sympathising with Sharon.

“I am so sorry this happened to you,” a few users wrote in the comments, while one added: “Some hairdressers got their license from a cereal box.”

On the other hand, a lot of them also pointed out that her haircut actually looks good on her, and we agree!

“It’s not that bad; you look cute!” said one user. Another noted that the hair will look so good once it grows on her.

Meanwhile, there are also some who left their suggestions to avoid these types of incidents. A number of users suggested that people should learn how to cut their own hair, instead of relying on hairdressers. There is also one who wrote that people should just lower their expectations.

Have you ever had any similar haircut experiences? Share your stories with us in the comments, you might just make an SDC member’s day!

Sponsored
I always feel so uncomfortable when I go to the hairdresser, I feel out of place, like I don't belong there, don't know what to say and don't have the right words to express myself. I know I'm being silly, I can't help it. That is why I've had long hair all my life and have only just had trims to keep it tidy.:(

While we agree that some of these stories are a nightmare for customers who have spent their hard-earned money on professional services, we have to admit that some of them leave us in stitches, too.

All Sharon wanted was a simple trim at her local hairdresser. She brought with her a reference picture so that the stylists would know how she wanted her hair to turn out.

But it seems like there was some sort of misunderstanding, seeing the result that she got was way off the mark.

Sharon, who goes by the username @ur.local.shazza on TikTok, made a video about the hilarious haircut incident and posted it on her account.

In the video clip, she wrote “Went for a trim so my hair would look like this,” along with the reference picture of the hairstyle she wanted.

And in the midst of her laughing and crying, we can partially make out Sharon calling the end result “so ugly”.

Towards the end of the video, she revealed the result of the visit to her local hairdresser.

YmZ_I4tPMTytrkXxKq-twJO81q3IoRHJmZbRJJ62eEkwivjyS_2AFOTfjoLTIl_Oy6iMJoGxib09jQdw14e6mBItuRYr03KXJfjMqeroL1tM0Jal3LRStRT_n1MhqOuZFokn0ZWe

Sharon shares the result of her disastrous haircut. Credit: TikTok/@ur.local.shazza.

The video which was posted last year racked up to over a million views, with most people in the comments section finding humour in the situation, as well as sympathising with Sharon.

“I am so sorry this happened to you,” a few users wrote in the comments, while one added: “Some hairdressers got their license from a cereal box.”

On the other hand, a lot of them also pointed out that her haircut actually looks good on her, and we agree!

“It’s not that bad; you look cute!” said one user. Another noted that the hair will look so good once it grows on her.

Meanwhile, there are also some who left their suggestions to avoid these types of incidents. A number of users suggested that people should learn how to cut their own hair, instead of relying on hairdressers. There is also one who wrote that people should just lower their expectations.

Have you ever had any similar haircut experiences? Share your stories with us in the comments, you might just make an SDC member’s day!

I always feel so uncomfortable when I go to the hairdresser, I feel out of place, like I don't belong there, don't know what to say and don't have the right words to express myself. I know I'm being silly, I can't help it. That is why I've had long hair all my life and have only just had trims to keep it tidy.:(
I totally understand, I never know how to explain what I'm wanting, and I am extremely short-sighted without my glasses, so I can't see what is shaping up as they go.
Consequently, I rely on my sister to cut my hair from time to time when she visits me in Melbourne.
I am not fussed how it turns out.....it'll grow soon enough.....

• Sad
Reactions: KatKop and Ricci

Oh, you poor thing Sharon… I have always felt anxious when going to the hairdressers as I have such fine hair… Over the years I have spent so much money and time styling my hair. I’m now 65 and the best thing I ever did was buy a realistic, gorgeous wig! I save so much time and money and now have my confidence back. People don’t even realise I’m wearing a wig and I‘ve received quite a few compliments. 😊

There is an upside. With Covid raging she wouldn’t have been committed to too many functions. Definitely looked hacked, but have seen worse.

Reactions: Ricci
I can seriously relate to poor Sharon's story. My hairdresser of 20 years recently retired. The new hairdresser who took over her business was nice to talk to and asked a lot of questions about how I wanted my hair done but my first cut from her was disastrous. I looked like a punk rocker (no offense intended). The good thing about a terrible haircut is that it's not permanent. It will soon grow out. In the meantime either find another hairdresser to try or have a serious talk with your current hairdresser about what you were unhappy about and how you want it to look. That's what I did and my second haircut was exactly what I wanted. New hairdresser solved!

From the photos shown I can understand her distress but one point should be made here the photo of the style she wanted obviously showed that the style in question had been avcheived with a hairdyer, expertly used to arrive at the effect shown, normal hair no matter how expertly cut does not look like that without some type of product help.

She needs to use some product on her hair which would make it look a lot better, I wonder what her hair was like before she went to the hairdresser some people have ridiculous expectations, you should hear some of the requests I have had over my 56 years hairdressing but it is also up to the stylist to let the client know if the style she wants will suit the type of hair and the client..

Reactions: Gaena and Ricci
Going through my own catastrophy at the moment, only another 2 months to put up with it.
Find a good hairstylist by asking people you see that have a good haircut where they had their cut done you will probably find the same salon being mentioned a few times and go to the stylist mentioned

One thing I’m fussy about is my hair! With age everything changes so we need something that helps our looks. Just because we get older doesn’t mean we have to look our age. So I like my hair a bit modern. I explain what I want, even take a picture so the hairdresser can understand better, but most of the times it doesn’t come up with the style I wanted. I think it has a lot to do with the hairdresser being aware of the new ways of cutting!!! If I was that girl on tik tok I would be crying alright 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: Ricci
A hairdresser I once used, whose first language was obviously NOT English, asked me how I wanted it cut. After much hand signs, and miming, I gave up and shrugged, said OK.
Walked out of there with a cut not much longer than my husband's #4 trim. On the bright side, I did not need a haircut for 5 months, and it was summer!

One thing I’m fussy about is my hair! With age everything changes so we need something that helps our looks. Just because we get older doesn’t mean we have to look our age. So I like my hair a bit modern. I explain what I want, even take a picture so the hairdresser can understand better, but most of the times it doesn’t come up with the style I wanted. I think it has a lot to do with the hairdresser being aware of the new ways of cutting!!! If I was that girl on tik tok I would be crying alright 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
Have you thought that your hair may not be suitable for the photo you take in or it may not suit you. So many clients take photos in that a stylist has spent ages doing and they think they can get it looking the same with a quick blow at home

Have you thought that your hair may not be suitable for the photo you take in or it may not suit you. So many clients take photos in that a stylist has spent ages doing and they think they can get it looking the same with a quick blow at home
Believe me, it’s the hairdresser!! My style has been very much the same for the last few years and depending of the person who cuts it, it will look good or bad. 😊

• Sad
Believe me, it’s the hairdresser!! My style has been very much the same for the last few years and depending of the person who cuts it, it will look good or bad. 😊
Fair enough, there are some bad ones out there, sorry when you said you took a picture in I thought it was of a different style each time, some that I have been asked to do over the years you wouldn't belive.

Fair enough, there are some bad ones out there, sorry when you said you took a picture in I thought it was of a different style each time, some that I have been asked to do over the years you wouldn't belive.
No need to be sorry 😁 I wish I could change style, but it’s not easy when age comes. Have a great day 👍🏼👍🏼

Reactions: Peter M and Ricci