Woman hailed as a ‘kitchen god’ for easy butter-spreading hack

Someone once coined the idiom ‘smooth as butter’ but it’s actually quite silly if you think about it… When you leave a block of butter in the fridge, it will take blood and sweat to get a good chunk from it to add to your toast. At this point, someone must have already come up with an easier way to get the job done, right?

Fortunately, the answer is yes! One woman has been deemed a ‘kitchen god’ for her simple but life-changing hack.

Demonstrating the butter-spreading hack on TikTok under the username @roxy.369, the woman can be seen using a small hand-held sieve and running it over the surface of a block of cold, hard butter.

The butter then goes through the holes of the sieve with little effort, creating what one user called ‘angel hair butter’.

‘This is hard butter right out of the fridge and this means that you can spread it with zero issues.’ the TikTok creator explained in the comments section.

M5gopqTCNKKbslJ68scrYu0OFlUpkBVucXf4nqBbvjsRV8woXgyuDSbCtRmtE99k6bON5sIjbNc48f_Jcs29FE-H1SZMK7Z6Ll2VEZI3X0viNkyfcEPDLG-tmboRGbWQDN1OJxSAKOzAyF-GIsKAttUT6XpGVBdZHlA-F9QbtzrnXQGyRkn9DCEAcA
v5sg3RGdoq24qeyZs-evigSFb5VxJs2uVupJaQD8bwrA9fvRhHVUfq4AGUqqiPxuOxJ45DYz8bjivPJT2t99VNl2IlBnXU59yMp-U5TkXuyTZBMqDyRRif2-Drrl2qbX-XLJhb3jcF0OBaiOgC6R3zyBjB1sD13Y3k3AtvQ39IshJwNif20tDQjOHA

Spread butter with little effort! Source: @roxy.369

The butter-spreading hack video received nearly 40 million views, with over 13.7k comments from users who were blown away by how brilliant the tip was.

‘Okay, this made my jaw drop!’ one person wrote.

‘I watched it about ten times before my brain finally processed how simple it was. Thank you, kitchen god!’ another praised.

‘Wait, this is actually SO useful!’ a third commented, while a fourth said: ‘Where has this tip been all my life?’

‘This trick will be for me and the next five generations of my family.’ one more teased, alongside laughing emojis.

But several were concerned about how hard the sieve will be to clean, with one saying: ‘I need the hack for cleaning it afterwards.’

‘Good luck cleaning that!’ another joked.

‘So… I’ll end up cleaning that AND a knife? No, thank you.’ a third commented.

Source: @roxy.369

In response to the questions about how to clean the sieve, the TikTok creator uploaded a hilarious follow-up tutorial video.

She can be seen holding a sieve that’s evidently smeared with butter before panning her camera down to the dishwasher.

Then, she yanks it open and tosses the sieve inside, finishing the tutorial off with a thumbs up. We’re not going to lie, that’s undeniably easy!

Millions saw the cleaning tutorial and found her response ‘immaculate’.

‘The way you tossed the sieve in, for some reason, made me laugh way too hard!’ a user said.

‘This is one of my favourite responses ever!’ another shared.

Source: @roxy.369

What are your thoughts about this butter-spreading hack? Do you have any cooking hacks up your sleeve? Share them with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
Toast was invented for that, and little puddles of melted butter are delicious. Licking fingers cleans up any mess.
For sandwiches, butter isn't actually necessary IMO.

Great idea, but did you know that in days of old... last century, there was an implement called a butter curler that could be found in most households as well as hotel kitchens and restaurants. And years ago when you ate out, you would have a small dish on your table which held the butter curls in it to butter your bread which were provided much like the dinner rolls we get these days at restaurants. The butter curls were created by pulling the kitchen gadget that looked like a spoon with fluted edges over the butter surface to create balls which spread easily on your bread or toast.

Mainland spreadable butter is the only product that is real butter, without any vegetable oil added.
I use it for baking.

Interesting use of a sieve. For people who have a dishwasher it's easy to clean. Does this mean for us poor sods without a dishwasher, who wash everything up by hand, we have to throw the sieve away each time????:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Great idea, but did you know that in days of old... last century, there was an implement called a butter curler that could be found in most households as well as hotel kitchens and restaurants. And years ago when you ate out, you would have a small dish on your table which held the butter curls in it to butter your bread which were provided much like the dinner rolls we get these days at restaurants. The butter curls were created by pulling the kitchen gadget that looked like a spoon with fluted edges over the butter surface to create balls which spread easily on your bread or toast.
I remember this. Don't know if you can still buy them. Probably not. Now it comes in little plastic and foil containers when you eat out.

Reactions: Roh
I remember the butter curler. You could also get them with a melon baller on the other end as well.
Unfortunately, you cannot get them these days, if you do come across them they are approx. $15.00 each or there is one available that's a butter curler and spreader, it looks similar to a knife with tiny slots down one side.
The link is provided below:-

Because it was on tic tok it must be new and true. I seem to recall seeing this done over nearly 50 years ago in the galley of an Australian Destroyer!!