Woman claims that a Kmart Christmas toy says an Aussie slang word – what do you hear?

Many are looking forward to buying cute gifts and Christmas-themed goodies this holiday season. Whether it’s for others or for themselves, there’s nothing wrong with spending a bit of money on small things that make people happy.

However, there's also nothing worse than finding out that the present you bought is actually a bit flawed. And this is exactly what happened to one unsuspecting shopper who picked up a talking reindeer toy from Kmart.

Nutrition coach Teneika Tanti took to social media to share her concerns about her latest purchase, asking her followers if they had the same opinion about it as she did.

The Sydney content creator said she was shocked when she pressed the tummy of the toy and it let out an upbeat tune – with a very strange lyric included.

‘So, this toy is from Kmart, I just need to confirm whether it says “eshay” or it doesn't,’ she asked on TikTok.

eshay.jpg
The talking reindeer allegedly says an Aussie slang once pressed on its tummy. Credit: Teneikalouisee/TikTok

When the toy’s tummy is pressed, it appears to say the Aussie slang ‘eshay’, similar to a person being called a ‘chav’ in the UK, or a ‘delinquent’ in the US.

The slang term – which has risen in popularity in recent years – is generally used to describe young men from lower socio-economic suburbs, who are supposedly predisposed to committing acts of crime and violence. They’re also said to often wear sports clothes.

‘Please listen. Does it? I’m so lost. I swear it does,’ Teneika asked her followers and pressed the button on the toy’s belly.

The video went viral with over 1 million views and 120,000 likes. Many of her followers agreed that they, too, heard the word ‘eshay’.

‘It definitely says eshay, OMG,’ said one follower.

Another added: ‘I heard eshay very quickly.’

‘It is 100% an Aussie reindeer then,’ one joked.

kmart.jpg
Many of Teneika’s followers agreed that the plush toy mentions the slang. Credit: Kmart

However, others said they hear the words ‘that’s right’ instead.

One wrote: ‘It says “that’s right’ clear as day.’

‘I can’t even hear eshay,’ someone else commented.

Another user shared that they heard the toy say ‘that’s right’, but agreed that hearing it say ‘eshay’ would be ‘hilarious’.

‘I think it says “that’s right”, but it really does sound like “eshay” lol’, another added.

This is not the first time Kmart has carried ‘questionable’ toys. Earlier this year, a customer shared her concern after a sinister note was found inside a children’s toy.

The mum shared she bought a toy for her son, but it wasn’t until they got home that she discovered the grim note.

‘You’re going to die in 10 days,’ it said.

It was a good thing that her son was unable to read the note, but nonetheless felt ‘sick’ about the other children who may have found and read the same note. You can read more about that here.
Key Takeaways

• A woman has claimed that a talking Christmas toy she bought from Kmart appears to say the word ‘eshay’.
  • The video of the woman's claims has gone viral, with many people agreeing that it sounds like the toy is saying ‘eshay’.
  • However, some people believe that the toy is actually saying ‘that's right’, and not ‘eshay’.
Watch Teneika’s video for yourself below and let us know what you hear in the comments!

• Haha
Reactions: Zoya, Ricci and BJM
Sponsored
Many are looking forward to buying cute gifts and Christmas-themed goodies this holiday season. Whether it’s for others or for themselves, there’s nothing wrong with spending a bit of money on small things that make people happy.

However, there's also nothing worse than finding out that the present you bought is actually a bit flawed. And this is exactly what happened to one unsuspecting shopper who picked up a talking reindeer toy from Kmart.

Nutrition coach Teneika Tanti took to social media to share her concerns about her latest purchase, asking her followers if they had the same opinion about it as she did.

The Sydney content creator said she was shocked when she pressed the tummy of the toy and it let out an upbeat tune – with a very strange lyric included.

‘So, this toy is from Kmart, I just need to confirm whether it says “eshay” or it doesn't,’ she asked on TikTok.

View attachment 9961
The talking reindeer allegedly says an Aussie slang once pressed on its tummy. Credit: Teneikalouisee/TikTok

When the toy’s tummy is pressed, it appears to say the Aussie slang ‘eshay’, similar to a person being called a ‘chav’ in the UK, or a ‘delinquent’ in the US.

The slang term – which has risen in popularity in recent years – is generally used to describe young men from lower socio-economic suburbs, who are supposedly predisposed to committing acts of crime and violence. They’re also said to often wear sports clothes.

‘Please listen. Does it? I’m so lost. I swear it does,’ Teneika asked her followers and pressed the button on the toy’s belly.

The video went viral with over 1 million views and 120,000 likes. Many of her followers agreed that they, too, heard the word ‘eshay’.

View attachment 9962
Many of Teneika’s followers agreed that the plush toy mentions the slang. Credit: Kmart

Another user shared that they heard the toy say ‘that’s right’, but agreed that hearing it say ‘eshay’ would be ‘hilarious’.

‘I think it says “that’s right”, but it really does sound like “eshay” lol’, another added.

This is not the first time Kmart has carried ‘questionable’ toys. Earlier this year, a customer shared her concern after a sinister note was found inside a children’s toy.

The mum shared she bought a toy for her son, but it wasn’t until they got home that she discovered the grim note.

It was a good thing that her son was unable to read the note, but nonetheless felt ‘sick’ about the other children who may have found and read the same note. You can read more about that here.
Key Takeaways

• A woman has claimed that a talking Christmas toy she bought from Kmart appears to say the word ‘eshay’.
  • The video of the woman's claims has gone viral, with many people agreeing that it sounds like the toy is saying ‘eshay’.
  • However, some people believe that the toy is actually saying ‘that's right’, and not ‘eshay’.
Watch Teneika’s video for yourself below and let us know what you hear in the comments!

You are stupid

View attachment 9961

View attachment 9962

Key Takeaways

I heard “that’s right”

View attachment 9961

View attachment 9962

Key Takeaways

I posted a video in the thread off topic under what does your brain hear'
Tell me what you hear. It's out if two things and if you think of one word b4 you hear it that's what you hear .

This one I actually here Eshay.

Our Brain is an amazing device

What is eshay? An essay with a speech impediment? I have never heard of this! And as much as I may have spent the last six decades in an alternate universe, I lived in the public eye, exposed to human interaction on a daily basis! Even the spellcheck doesn't know this word!
BTW the recorded "voice" accent of the toy is obviously NOT Australian; so why would one expect it to have used "Aussie slang"? Probably cheap made in China rubbish. Again I ask, why "Aussie slang"? Isn't that tune " U Cant Touch This/Hammer Time", an American song from thirty years ago? The same question still stands.
Listen to enough of this rot or stayed to this TikTok garbage and you will end up hearing whatever you want!
Typical TikTok B/S.

Forever a cynic
RobD

Reactions: Leeta069 and Macarj

View attachment 9961

View attachment 9962

Key Takeaways

View attachment 9961

View attachment 9962

Key Takeaways

View attachment 9961

View attachment 9962

Key Takeaways

This one I actually here Eshay.

Excuse my ignorance but what does ESHAY mean?