Woman calls out fellow passenger for 'disturbing' act on plane: "That’s just weird and gross!"

As more and more people return to travelling domestically and abroad, it appears that our unofficial list of unpleasant passengers you might encounter on a flight is also growing in numbers.

In all seriousness, at this point, airlines should probably distribute leaflets to passengers instructing them on appropriate flight etiquette and guidelines for polite and respectful travel behaviour.

A woman has taken to social media to vent her frustrations about a fellow passenger who, while they were travelling together on an aeroplane, made her trip something she would rather not think about again.

Apparently, the man sitting behind her kept "scratching" her calves with his bare toes throughout the duration of the flight. Not only was the whole experience gross, but she was also, understandably, extremely creeped out by the behaviour!

UVFPHR2njJ0nZRgzDMqHt2MPSXmZzSqAPLJl3ePsIR4MiTS1ijs7SMQCY6RYhONAqqV7uk5x1kJE-3J-BJ9bRo8T8o5Nd1nYVkQbLoCmhGeOF9d0IAU2MpZ9kh819JCM6QU9kbmqwsGaq4mNE8E

The man's toes, which were sticking out from behind the seat, were touching the woman's legs. Credit: Reddit.

In a post on the popular forum site Reddit, the woman shared a photo of the man's toes along with an explanation of the "unwanted footsie" that took place during her flight from Mexico to California.

"The man behind me wore shoes without socks and took them off on the plane. He kept scratching my calves with his rough toes," she described the scenario, which was very stressful to her.

In the picture, you can see the man's toes sticking out from under the seat, very close to the woman's legs.

After that, she asked the other members of the forum what they believe would have been the best course of action given the circumstances.

Unsurprisingly, a considerable lot of them expressed sympathy for her and agreed that they would also be disgusted and outraged by the situation. A lot of people were quick to tell the passenger to get back at the man.

"The only correct response is to actively f**k with his feet in ways that worsen in severity as the flight continues or until he learns his lesson," wrote one person in the comments. A second one agreed and added, "I’m not normally a violent person, but I would have stomped that man's toes. That’s just weird and gross!"

Meanwhile, a third user suggested, "Spill cold water first, then soda if that doesn't work. No diet soda. Only sugared soda. Make sure his socks are stuck to his putrid toes."

One user also mentioned that they had been in the very same situation and went on to detail how they had managed to get through it. This woman was lucky that her brother was with her at the time to protect her.

"Two feet were rubbing against both of my calves, so my brother decided to put his leg behind mine. So when the man tried to pull a footsie on my poor calves for the second time, my brother stepped hard on his foot!" she recalled.

To the woman's surprise, not every person in the forum sided with her. One man commented, saying the situation was partially her fault.

"I'm not blaming you, but I would've worn pants. He's in your 'space'. Did you change pants on the plane? Seems like you made a decision to wear shorts," he commented, placing the blame on her for being inappropriately touched.

The woman didn't pull any punches and gave an excellent response to the person who just blamed her. "Wait, was it you sitting behind me?" she snapped back.

What are your thoughts, folks? How would you have handled the situation if you were in the woman's shoes? Comment below and let us know!

Sponsored
As more and more people return to travelling domestically and abroad, it appears that our unofficial list of unpleasant passengers you might encounter on a flight is also growing in numbers.

In all seriousness, at this point, airlines should probably distribute leaflets to passengers instructing them on appropriate flight etiquette and guidelines for polite and respectful travel behaviour.

A woman has taken to social media to vent her frustrations about a fellow passenger who, while they were travelling together on an aeroplane, made her trip something she would rather not think about again.

Apparently, the man sitting behind her kept "scratching" her calves with his bare toes throughout the duration of the flight. Not only was the whole experience gross, but she was also, understandably, extremely creeped out by the behaviour!

UVFPHR2njJ0nZRgzDMqHt2MPSXmZzSqAPLJl3ePsIR4MiTS1ijs7SMQCY6RYhONAqqV7uk5x1kJE-3J-BJ9bRo8T8o5Nd1nYVkQbLoCmhGeOF9d0IAU2MpZ9kh819JCM6QU9kbmqwsGaq4mNE8E

The man's toes, which were sticking out from behind the seat, were touching the woman's legs. Credit: Reddit.

In a post on the popular forum site Reddit, the woman shared a photo of the man's toes along with an explanation of the "unwanted footsie" that took place during her flight from Mexico to California.

"The man behind me wore shoes without socks and took them off on the plane. He kept scratching my calves with his rough toes," she described the scenario, which was very stressful to her.

In the picture, you can see the man's toes sticking out from under the seat, very close to the woman's legs.

After that, she asked the other members of the forum what they believe would have been the best course of action given the circumstances.

Unsurprisingly, a considerable lot of them expressed sympathy for her and agreed that they would also be disgusted and outraged by the situation. A lot of people were quick to tell the passenger to get back at the man.

"The only correct response is to actively f**k with his feet in ways that worsen in severity as the flight continues or until he learns his lesson," wrote one person in the comments. A second one agreed and added, "I’m not normally a violent person, but I would have stomped that man's toes. That’s just weird and gross!"

Meanwhile, a third user suggested, "Spill cold water first, then soda if that doesn't work. No diet soda. Only sugared soda. Make sure his socks are stuck to his putrid toes."

One user also mentioned that they had been in the very same situation and went on to detail how they had managed to get through it. This woman was lucky that her brother was with her at the time to protect her.

"Two feet were rubbing against both of my calves, so my brother decided to put his leg behind mine. So when the man tried to pull a footsie on my poor calves for the second time, my brother stepped hard on his foot!" she recalled.

To the woman's surprise, not every person in the forum sided with her. One man commented, saying the situation was partially her fault.

"I'm not blaming you, but I would've worn pants. He's in your 'space'. Did you change pants on the plane? Seems like you made a decision to wear shorts," he commented, placing the blame on her for being inappropriately touched.

The woman didn't pull any punches and gave an excellent response to the person who just blamed her. "Wait, was it you sitting behind me?" she snapped back.

What are your thoughts, folks? How would you have handled the situation if you were in the woman's shoes? Comment below and let us know!
I would have reported him! Not enough people report other ignorant/rude passengers in the country… We are letting them get away with being rude and ignorant
And I’m sorry what you were wearing was NOT the problem!

What is wrong with people? why didn't she ask him to stop doing it?

A flight from Mexico to California?........
Does anyone in Australia give a toss?...........

Well did she immediately turn & first ask him to stop? If that hadn’t worked then speak to an attendant & insist he be stopped or moved. I would have continued to make it very difficult for the staff to ignore the situation & uncomfortable for him to continue!! Then a report to police on arrival at my destination with a detailed description of this creep, where he was sitting etc. , they would be able to track him down, that physical assault, & a crime!

Reactions: Julia TH

Did she at any point, say something to the man? It's just feasible he was totally unaware that he was touching anything other than furnishing on the aeroplane.

Take a video of his offense.
Turn around and ask him to stop what he is doing or you will call the flight attendant revealing to him, that you have taken a video of what he is doing. Guarantee he will stop immediately. Don't have to put up with it and no need to stomp his toes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris R