SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Vella Gonzaga

Vella Gonzaga

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2021
Woman bans mother-in-law from her home after discovering she had installed a spy camera in her and her husband's bedroom

A woman has taken to Reddit to share her story of how her mother-in-law installed a hidden camera in her and her husband's bedroom to spy on her.

The woman, who is the primary caregiver for her husband (who was recently in a car accident and is currently bed-ridden while recovering from a severe back injury) says she has been under a lot of pressure from her Mother-In-Law (MIL). She says her MIL has been visiting every day and telling her what she should and shouldn't be doing to take care of her son.

Days ago, the woman says she got into a fight with her MIL after finding out the MIL had installed a hidden camera in her and her husband's bedroom. The woman says she told her she was no longer allowed in her home after this.

The woman's husband is now upset with her, saying she is being vindictive and that if his Mum can't come, he'll move into her place.

shutterstock_1231591408_720.jpg
Woman bans her mother-in-law in her house after discovering she has installed a spy camera
in her and her husband's bedroom Credits: Shutterstock

Reddit users have been quick to weigh in on the situation, with many saying the woman is not in the wrong.

"I would have packed and left if he sees no wrong in it," says one user.

"Like what if she was naked? In her underwear? Wanted a private conversation with him? Is she sitting there 24/7 watching?"

Others say the woman should involve the police.

"I don't think getting the police involved will make the situation any better," the woman says.

"The camera got taken down, but whether or not my husband knew, I have no idea. He said he had no idea, but I'm not sure."

"Hopping on the top comment to say that it was installed in the room your husband can't leave. I'd wager big bucks that he knew it was there," says one user.

"I'd be surprised if he didn't," said another.

What do you think? Should the woman involve the police, pack up and leave, or is this an overreaction? Share your thoughts in the comments.

Who or what prompted the MIL to install the camera in the first place? Was this prompted by an Insurance Co in an attempt to disprove a claim for insurance? Whatever the reason, this surely has to be an invasion of privacy. This was not the MIL's home where she may have been trying to detect a home invasion. I believe the wife should seek some sort of legal advice.
I agree a divorce solicitor as well

Reactions: Ezzy and Ricci
Woman bans mother-in-law from her home after discovering she had installed a spy camera in her and her husband's bedroom

A woman has taken to Reddit to share her story of how her mother-in-law installed a hidden camera in her and her husband's bedroom to spy on her.

The woman, who is the primary caregiver for her husband (who was recently in a car accident and is currently bed-ridden while recovering from a severe back injury) says she has been under a lot of pressure from her Mother-In-Law (MIL). She says her MIL has been visiting every day and telling her what she should and shouldn't be doing to take care of her son.

Days ago, the woman says she got into a fight with her MIL after finding out the MIL had installed a hidden camera in her and her husband's bedroom. The woman says she told her she was no longer allowed in her home after this.

The woman's husband is now upset with her, saying she is being vindictive and that if his Mum can't come, he'll move into her place.

View attachment 3072
Woman bans her mother-in-law in her house after discovering she has installed a spy camera
in her and her husband's bedroom Credits: Shutterstock

Reddit users have been quick to weigh in on the situation, with many saying the woman is not in the wrong.

"I would have packed and left if he sees no wrong in it," says one user.

"Like what if she was naked? In her underwear? Wanted a private conversation with him? Is she sitting there 24/7 watching?"

Others say the woman should involve the police.

"I don't think getting the police involved will make the situation any better," the woman says.

"The camera got taken down, but whether or not my husband knew, I have no idea. He said he had no idea, but I'm not sure."

"Hopping on the top comment to say that it was installed in the room your husband can't leave. I'd wager big bucks that he knew it was there," says one user.

"I'd be surprised if he didn't," said another.

What do you think? Should the woman involve the police, pack up and leave, or is this an overreaction? Share your thoughts in the comments.

definately go to the police and because the trust is broken leave him in the hands of his mother! D.I.V.O.R.C.E!!

Installing a camera in someone else's home is wrong, particularly in the bedroom of a married couple.
With the severity of the back injury, I don't think there would be any R viewing.
The issue to be solved is the relationship between the 3, which wouldn't be helped at all by police involvement. It seems as though it has already dissolved.
Well I thought my mil was an interfering person, but this is so wrong. Your bedroom is the private place of you and your partner. Whether injured or not there are many alternate ways to have sex. A gross interruption of privacy.

Does the husband want Mummy to check up on him 24/7...? He must have been aware of the installation of a camera and to hide this fact from his wife is outrageous!
If he needs his Mothers observance on his and her every move, it is time he moved back home.
This man will never behave like an adult and is still carrying on as if he is 3 years old...!
What on earth does the MIL think she will achieve by her voyuerism and sneaky underhanded tactics?
And what does the husband think she will achieve?
This is not a marriage, it is a Kindergarten on steroids.
Get rid of the MIL and get rid of the child-man you call a husband, who is behaving like a 3 year old.

You do not need either of these people in your life, they are BOTH toxic to the soul and you deserve better.

Reactions: DrChip and Ricci