Woman ‘creeped out’ after she finds her face printed on a dress!

We’ve all heard the old saying ‘imitation is the sincerest form of flattery’.

But one stylist was recently surprised to find that fast fashion chain Shein had taken imitation of her personal style to a whole new level.

We’ve all heard stories of fast fashion brands ripping off independent and high-end fashion designers. But what happens when someone finds their own face printed on a Shein dress? Yes, you read that right…

It’s a story that’s almost too bizarre to be true. But this is the problem that Michigan-based stylist Tami faced recently.

‘Is that my face?’ she captioned her video.

shein.jpg
Shein is a fast fashion brand that originated in China. Credit: Shein

The Shein dress has a print that strikingly matches Tami’s own style – complete with blue curly hair, retro reading glasses and bold red lipstick.

Furthermore, the Shein dress looks like it’s closely modelled on the style of her clothes.

Tami took to TikTok to share her story and ask her 300,000 followers if they thought it was too coincidental.

‘Guys, I’m so shook. I had a follower send me a picture from Shein of a dress and I swear to God it’s my f***ing face,’ she said.

Stunned, she added: ‘Like what? Did somebody take a picture of me and make a dress?’

shein2.jpg
Tami is convinced that her face is the one printed on the dress. Credit: sterk_acres/TikTok

Her followers mostly agreed that the face on the dress was remarkably similar.

‘It is close enough to your logo!! Cease and desist! But get the dress!!’ One shared.

Another claimed: ‘That is actually you. I’m absolutely not even sure what I would do in that situation. I feel like they owe you or something. Haha.’

One asked whether Tami felt ‘creeped out or excited’ over the printed dress. Tami replied: ‘Mostly creeped out.’

Others, on the other hand, did not see the resemblance.

‘It’s just a girl with short blue hair and glasses, which is common,’ a woman said.

Another agreed: ‘It’s a graphic image. It can be anyone that looks like this.’

Someone simply stated: ‘I don’t think so.’

While another said they could see where Tami was coming from, but that there are too many people that look like her, too.

‘It’s probably just a coincidence lol but right on point,’ one more person shared.

You can watch Tami’s video below:

In a follow-up video, Tami said she felt flattered, but also creeped out because the design was ‘a tad invasive’.

She also emailed the company to ask for the name of the designer and to find out more information on the dress but also said she is unlikely to hear back from them.

‘I’m trying to figure out what I can do about the whole situation. So, stay tuned,’ Tami declared.

In today’s modern day and age, it’s all too easy to steal someone’s intellectual property online. And it’s always good to know whether you’re supporting ethical brands or not.

In this context, Shein allegedly doesn’t meet the ‘ethical standards’ and has been accused of copyright infringement, modern slavery, labour law violations and producing clothing with toxic levels of chemicals in the past.

In 2021, a documentary from UK broadcaster Channel 4 revealed details about the businesses of the company. They sent an undercover worker to film inside two factories in Guangzhou, China that supplies clothes to the conglomerate.

The documentary, Untold: Inside The Shein Machine, delves deeper into the inner workings of Shein's manufacturing operations. In one factory, workers received a base salary of 4,000 yuan per month, which is AU $838, to make 500 pieces of clothes in a day. It was reported that their first month of pay is allegedly withheld from them.

In another factory, workers received the equivalent of four cents per item. And in both factories, employees were working up to 18 hours a day and were given one day off a month. These strict working conditions are said to violate China’s labour laws.

In conclusion, when confronted with the cheap prices of fast fashion, it is crucial to remember where it comes from and at what cost.
Key Takeaways
  • An American stylist was shocked to find a dress on sale from fast fashion chain Shein that appears to have appropriated her face for its design.
  • Tami posted a video to TikTok showing her followers the dress, prompting stunned reactions.
  • Tami said she felt the design was ‘a tad invasive’ and is trying to work out what she can do about the situation.
Well, members. Do you think that’s Tami’s face on the dress or just a coincidence? Share your thoughts below!

Sponsored
um poor girl! She and her 300,000 followers must be devastated! There is a petition doing the rounds to get congress to do something about it, 3 signatures so far.

Tami's followers have said we need to start a GoFundMe so Tami can console herself with thousands of chocolates and fresh flowers daily. When asked, the FBI said "Tami who"?

We’ve all heard the old saying ‘imitation is the sincerest form of flattery’.

But one stylist was recently surprised to find that fast fashion chain Shein had taken imitation of her personal style to a whole new level.

We’ve all heard stories of fast fashion brands ripping off independent and high-end fashion designers. But what happens when someone finds their own face printed on a Shein dress? Yes, you read that right…

It’s a story that’s almost too bizarre to be true. But this is the problem that Michigan-based stylist Tami faced recently.

‘Is that my face?’ she captioned her video.

View attachment 12806
Shein is a fast fashion brand that originated in China. Credit: Shein

The Shein dress has a print that strikingly matches Tami’s own style – complete with blue curly hair, retro reading glasses and bold red lipstick.

Furthermore, the Shein dress looks like it’s closely modelled on the style of her clothes.

Tami took to TikTok to share her story and ask her 300,000 followers if they thought it was too coincidental.

‘Guys, I’m so shook. I had a follower send me a picture from Shein of a dress and I swear to God it’s my f***ing face,’ she said.

Stunned, she added: ‘Like what? Did somebody take a picture of me and make a dress?’

View attachment 12807
Tami is convinced that her face is the one printed on the dress. Credit: sterk_acres/TikTok

Her followers mostly agreed that the face on the dress was remarkably similar.

‘It is close enough to your logo!! Cease and desist! But get the dress!!’ One shared.

Another claimed: ‘That is actually you. I’m absolutely not even sure what I would do in that situation. I feel like they owe you or something. Haha.’

One asked whether Tami felt ‘creeped out or excited’ over the printed dress. Tami replied: ‘Mostly creeped out.’

Others, on the other hand, did not see the resemblance.

‘It’s just a girl with short blue hair and glasses, which is common,’ a woman said.

Another agreed: ‘It’s a graphic image. It can be anyone that looks like this.’

Someone simply stated: ‘I don’t think so.’

While another said they could see where Tami was coming from, but that there are too many people that look like her, too.

‘It’s probably just a coincidence lol but right on point,’ one more person shared.

You can watch Tami’s video below:

In a follow-up video, Tami said she felt flattered, but also creeped out because the design was ‘a tad invasive’.

She also emailed the company to ask for the name of the designer and to find out more information on the dress but also said she is unlikely to hear back from them.

‘I’m trying to figure out what I can do about the whole situation. So, stay tuned,’ Tami declared.

In today’s modern day and age, it’s all too easy to steal someone’s intellectual property online. And it’s always good to know whether you’re supporting ethical brands or not.

In this context, Shein allegedly doesn’t meet the ‘ethical standards’ and has been accused of copyright infringement, modern slavery, labour law violations and producing clothing with toxic levels of chemicals in the past.

In 2021, a documentary from UK broadcaster Channel 4 revealed details about the businesses of the company. They sent an undercover worker to film inside two factories in Guangzhou, China that supplies clothes to the conglomerate.

The documentary, Untold: Inside The Shein Machine, delves deeper into the inner workings of Shein's manufacturing operations. In one factory, workers received a base salary of 4,000 yuan per month, which is AU $838, to make 500 pieces of clothes in a day. It was reported that their first month of pay is allegedly withheld from them.

In another factory, workers received the equivalent of four cents per item. And in both factories, employees were working up to 18 hours a day and were given one day off a month. These strict working conditions are said to violate China’s labour laws.

In conclusion, when confronted with the cheap prices of fast fashion, it is crucial to remember where it comes from and at what cost.
Key Takeaways

• An American stylist was shocked to find a dress on sale from fast fashion chain Shein that appears to have appropriated her face for its design.
  • Tami posted a video to TikTok showing her followers the dress, prompting stunned reactions.
  • Tami said she felt the design was ‘a tad invasive’ and is trying to work out what she can do about the situation.
Well, members. Do you think that’s Tami’s face on the dress or just a coincidence? Share your thoughts below!

Sorry but she's romancing with herself! it's just a bloody graphic image LOL.

I don't know about the female and her face but who would willingly want and wear that sack, sorry, I mean dress! :rolleyes:
More worrying though is the information coming out of Shein's factories. Surely the authorities in those countries can do something to improve the workers lot, even if it means that Shein has to increase its pricing.:unsure::(

Don't think it looks much like her at all but having said that, isn't imitation supposed to be the best form of flattery. Seems to me that the only reason she is complaining is to boost her TikTok rating.