Woman’s stressful experience during her Airbnb stay sparks heated debate online — “I hope I slept here correctly”

Woman’s stressful experience during her Airbnb stay sparks heated debate online — “I hope I slept here correctly”
Tiffany was expecting to be relaxing in an AirBnb for her staycation after months of quarantine when she was faced with a really stressful situation. Any guesses as to what it might be?

The TikTok user shared a video about her recent Airbnb experience, detailing how her host was a bit controlling...

“My most recent Airbnb host had a few controlling quirks,” she said.

“Before you even walk in, you get hit with a huge information guide on what to do and you have to take it off the door and hang it on the inside."

“Next is the amount of information given every moment after that, in every way possible, in every part of the room.”

9-Zc9QVMfCBa7UJSfyN6ncwsgn6HV82NOs3P-ZM36vvb7L8wVcSKpWsXhtvITL2gfPU5XyNH9pKDM6pTHrjOe2yH3lD-x1VRVDOsCIPZuj8hl51srmdIjSoJb1cW0LBlyvO2OmE

Tiffany instantly found a list of rules at the front of her Airbnb the moment she arrived. Credit: TikTok/@authentiffany_.

Tiffany then revealed that each item in the place had rules and information sheets attached to them.

"My favourite of all the information pieces? She draws a picture of the remote control and teaches you how to use each button,” she jokingly said.

“There is even a note on how to use the vent and how to use the storage bins.”

Apparently, the host also had instructions for drinking water from the glasses.

“One of my top favourites was [...] using the wrong cup to drink my water.”

qT_jyrtcXo7IDJjYjPWglFg95Nkk90l_DuwrOJ-25bY6R6RqKCBTdwcL1cwzUL-Vv1-hM65qAOHOW4DlH4dAFEhHRv8LCn6jMVWGHKiw4DV6nVqsYKHwUGoZ8Et_dCP0pfplRP0

The binder compiles the rules on how to conduct yourself while staying in the place. Credit: TikTok/@authentiffany_.

Speaking of water use, even showering had its own rules.

Tiffany said: “Another good one - you want to move the shower curtain left to right? No, it has to be right to left.”

At the end of the video, Tiffany laughingly said: " hope I slept here correctly.”

p2CBVt1U0j0NirZAy3LjSG3EHdGKs19b5sXd4hfNhhAQ1LKISHc69CLb4rHrxI5ECRsHkfg3mDfKV7DBkaxXRSPT8WfP6CSn3LRLdvhMregjlG4erqWU6GX5gyPygdy1mErhCB0

The host also had rules for drinking water. Credit: TikTok/@authentiffany_.

While the original video, which has amassed over 1.9 million views, has been taken down, we managed to find a TikTok clip where Tiffany explained what happened during her stay at the Airbnb.

Credit: TikTok/@authentiffany_

The video was met with mixed reactions from TikTok users, with some saying that they were stunned by the story.

One person said: “Wow? Maybe let’s not lend out our space if we’re control freaks."

"It’s so stressful to stay there," another added.

A third chimed in to share their own similar experience, writing: "I left an Airbnb in Cleveland over a person like this - and got a refund. I’m here to be comfortable … not feel like I’m being watched."

Meanwhile, others thought that the information sheets were helpful, saying that having instructions is better than second-guessing how to use a specific thing in the house.

"OK, over the top obviously, but I would appreciate clear instructions on how to use things like the remote control," one user wrote.

Another added: “This genuinely brings me comfort. I always feel like I’m not doing anything right so I appreciate the instructions."

“I promise they do that because they’ve been pestered with all those questions before,” a third said.

Tiffany interjected with the heated debate, telling TikTok users to "lighten up".

“This is intended to be funny, I am not upset, I am not talking badly about her and do not harm her! Please,” she said.

Have you had similar stressful experiences in your hotel stay before? Share your stories with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
I stayed at a lovely apartment near the beach where the kind owners had left me a "goodies basket" and a very informative little guide book with important information about the appliances in the apartment including the details for servicemen if necessary. The notes about local sites to see and tips on good restaurants were all very much appreciated. Mind you I agree this owner has definitely gone overboard.

Reactions: Senor and Strawb
This can be helpful, but it does seem a bit much. I would have appreciated it at an airbnb in Ireland. There was a seperate switch for everything. We didnt find the hot water switch till we were leaving. Cold showers in Ireland were not fun. But Ireland was.

Tiffany was expecting to be relaxing in an AirBnb for her staycation after months of quarantine when she was faced with a really stressful situation. Any guesses as to what it might be?

The TikTok user shared a video about her recent Airbnb experience, detailing how her host was a bit controlling...

“My most recent Airbnb host had a few controlling quirks,” she said.

“Before you even walk in, you get hit with a huge information guide on what to do and you have to take it off the door and hang it on the inside."

“Next is the amount of information given every moment after that, in every way possible, in every part of the room.”

9-Zc9QVMfCBa7UJSfyN6ncwsgn6HV82NOs3P-ZM36vvb7L8wVcSKpWsXhtvITL2gfPU5XyNH9pKDM6pTHrjOe2yH3lD-x1VRVDOsCIPZuj8hl51srmdIjSoJb1cW0LBlyvO2OmE

Tiffany instantly found a list of rules at the front of her Airbnb the moment she arrived. Credit: TikTok/@authentiffany_.

Tiffany then revealed that each item in the place had rules and information sheets attached to them.

"My favourite of all the information pieces? She draws a picture of the remote control and teaches you how to use each button,” she jokingly said.

“There is even a note on how to use the vent and how to use the storage bins.”

Apparently, the host also had instructions for drinking water from the glasses.

“One of my top favourites was [...] using the wrong cup to drink my water.”

qT_jyrtcXo7IDJjYjPWglFg95Nkk90l_DuwrOJ-25bY6R6RqKCBTdwcL1cwzUL-Vv1-hM65qAOHOW4DlH4dAFEhHRv8LCn6jMVWGHKiw4DV6nVqsYKHwUGoZ8Et_dCP0pfplRP0

The binder compiles the rules on how to conduct yourself while staying in the place. Credit: TikTok/@authentiffany_.

Speaking of water use, even showering had its own rules.

Tiffany said: “Another good one - you want to move the shower curtain left to right? No, it has to be right to left.”

At the end of the video, Tiffany laughingly said: " hope I slept here correctly.”

p2CBVt1U0j0NirZAy3LjSG3EHdGKs19b5sXd4hfNhhAQ1LKISHc69CLb4rHrxI5ECRsHkfg3mDfKV7DBkaxXRSPT8WfP6CSn3LRLdvhMregjlG4erqWU6GX5gyPygdy1mErhCB0

The host also had rules for drinking water. Credit: TikTok/@authentiffany_.

While the original video, which has amassed over 1.9 million views, has been taken down, we managed to find a TikTok clip where Tiffany explained what happened during her stay at the Airbnb.

Credit: TikTok/@authentiffany_

The video was met with mixed reactions from TikTok users, with some saying that they were stunned by the story.

One person said: “Wow? Maybe let’s not lend out our space if we’re control freaks."

"It’s so stressful to stay there," another added.

A third chimed in to share their own similar experience, writing: "I left an Airbnb in Cleveland over a person like this - and got a refund. I’m here to be comfortable … not feel like I’m being watched."

Meanwhile, others thought that the information sheets were helpful, saying that having instructions is better than second-guessing how to use a specific thing in the house.

"OK, over the top obviously, but I would appreciate clear instructions on how to use things like the remote control," one user wrote.

Another added: “This genuinely brings me comfort. I always feel like I’m not doing anything right so I appreciate the instructions."

“I promise they do that because they’ve been pestered with all those questions before,” a third said.

Tiffany interjected with the heated debate, telling TikTok users to "lighten up".

“This is intended to be funny, I am not upset, I am not talking badly about her and do not harm her! Please,” she said.

Have you had similar stressful experiences in your hotel stay before? Share your stories with us in the comments below!

oh dear, I have stayed in an Airbnb with similar instructions and demands...no problem because we are clean and tidy people and made sure we left the unit as clean as we found it! I can assure you it was many times better than staying in a motel in Coffs that was so cockroach infested we slept in our clothes on top of the bed! We arrived very late at night and left at the break of dawn didn't even open our bags!!

• Wow
Reactions: Senor
oh dear, I have stayed in an Airbnb with similar instructions and demands...no problem because we are clean and tidy people and made sure we left the unit as clean as we found it! I can assure you it was many times better than staying in a motel in Coffs that was so cockroach infested we slept in our clothes on top of the bed! We arrived very late at night and left at the break of dawn didn't even open our bags!!
hope you didn't have any hitch-hikers!

• Haha
Reactions: Diane D