Woman’s head-turning funeral outfit shocks internet – ‘Are you joking?’

Funerals are a time for grieving, honouring life and saying goodbye. It’s a solemn occasion, and as such, most people dress respectfully.

However, a small clothing label stirred up quite a bit of controversy when they marketed, um, a fashion-forward dress, as the ‘perfect’ thing to wear to a funeral.

British brand ‘EdgyLittlePieces’ posted a TikTok video of a woman modelling a revealing dress, but the attire was quickly mocked online for being ‘inappropriate’ and ‘disgusting’.

‘So many people have been asking me for funeral [out]fits,’ the woman said as she promoted the skimpy dress.

‘Look no further, we think [this dress] is actually perfect.’

You can watch the video below and tell us what you think:

The tight black dress features a criss-cross front design, accentuating the woman’s assets. The length of the dress is also way too short to be ‘funeral-appropriate’ and looks like it belongs in a nightclub instead.

A quick look at the woman’s past videos confirmed that this type of promotion is a marketing strategy and meant as a satire. Many were still left speechless at the ‘audacity’ of the woman to recommend such a daring design.

‘Girl, no. Just no,’ someone said.

‘Are you joking?’ Another asked bluntly.

‘I’d probably return from the dead if I saw you,’ a third wrote.

One woman scolded the model and explained that skimpy outfits like this cannot be worn to a funeral. ‘Yes, I know some request that people wear pink or “going-out” outfits, but this is too much,’ she added.

woman.jpg
The dress is short and skin-tight. Credit: edgylittlepieces2

In another video promoting the same design, more people seemed to get the joke but most of the comments were still roasting the woman’s outfit choices.

‘Goodbye this isn’t for a funeral,’ one shared.

One joked: ‘It would be MY funeral if I wore that.’

In a separate video, the woman demonstrated how to tighten the front straps for, er, extra coverage…

‘You can tighten it up to make it super modest for the funeral, then loosen it back down for the after party,’ she explained.

One user commented: ‘My husband’s niece wore a mini black dress to his funeral. It wasn't this bad and she's a stripper!’

The woman also revealed that the dress was the brand’s best-selling outfit and that they needed to bring in more stock to keep up with demand.

Here’s one of the brand’s videos recommending an outfit that’s perfect for a 13-year-old’s birthday party:

Key Takeaways

• A small fashion label called ‘EdgyLittlePieces’ was slammed on TikTok for promoting a revealing dress as the 'perfect' outfit to wear to a funeral.
  • The dress features a front crisscross design that shows off the woman's cleavage and figure, making it more suitable for a nightclub than a funeral.
  • Many on TikTok were appalled by the outfit, criticising the brand for selling it.
  • The video appears to be satire and was posted as a marketing ploy.
Well, folks. We’re a bit speechless, but what can you say about this story? Share your thoughts below!

Sponsored
Funerals are a time for grieving, honouring life and saying goodbye. It’s a solemn occasion, and as such, most people dress respectfully.

However, a small clothing label stirred up quite a bit of controversy when they marketed, um, a fashion-forward dress, as the ‘perfect’ thing to wear to a funeral.

British brand ‘EdgyLittlePieces’ posted a TikTok video of a woman modelling a revealing dress, but the attire was quickly mocked online for being ‘inappropriate’ and ‘disgusting’.

‘So many people have been asking me for funeral [out]fits,’ the woman said as she promoted the skimpy dress.

The tight black dress features a criss-cross front design, accentuating the woman’s assets. The length of the dress is also way too short to be ‘funeral-appropriate’ and looks like it belongs in a nightclub instead.

A quick look at the woman’s past videos confirmed that this type of promotion is a marketing strategy and meant as a satire. Many were still left speechless at the ‘audacity’ of the woman to recommend such a daring design.

One woman scolded the model and explained that skimpy outfits like this cannot be worn to a funeral. ‘Yes, I know some request that people wear pink or “going-out” outfits, but this is too much,’ she added.

View attachment 10913

In another video promoting the same design, more people seemed to get the joke but most of the comments were still roasting the woman’s outfit choices.

In a separate video, the woman demonstrated how to tighten the front straps for, er, extra coverage…

‘You can tighten it up to make it super modest for the funeral, then loosen it back down for the after party,’ she explained.

One user commented: ‘My husband’s niece wore a mini black dress to his funeral. It wasn't this bad and she's a stripper!’

The woman also revealed that the dress was the brand’s best-selling outfit and that they needed to bring in more stock to keep up with demand.

Here’s one of the brand’s videos recommending an outfit that’s perfect for a 13-year-old’s birthday party:

Key Takeaways

• A small fashion label called ‘EdgyLittlePieces’ was slammed on TikTok for promoting a revealing dress as the 'perfect' outfit to wear to a funeral.
  • The dress features a front crisscross design that shows off the woman's cleavage and figure, making it more suitable for a nightclub than a funeral.
  • Many on TikTok were appalled by the outfit, criticising the brand for selling it.
Well, folks. We’re a bit speechless, but what can you say about this story? Share your thoughts below!

There are people and idiots and wearing this outfit at a funeral belong to the last kind of person .-

My 75 year old self wishes that I could still get away with wearing that dress, I actually think it looks nice on her.
Definitely a very big no-no for a funeral, but great for a nightclub.
Of course its a joke, surely nobody would be stupid enough to wear such an outfit to a funeral.

View attachment 10913

Key Takeaways

Oh please! A little common sense when choosing an outfit for a sombre occasion.

View attachment 10913

Key Takeaways

View attachment 10913

Key Takeaways

Perhaps there is an element of the relationship the person had to the dearly departed one..... At my father's funeral, I didn't wear a revealing outfit like in the pics, but my choice did upset distant family members. By the time my father died he was virtually blind, but he always liked me to wear the brightest colours I could, so he could see where I was in the room, so at his funeral I stood out like a peacock among the sombre, deathly colours and the sombre deathly stares from those who didn't have a close relationship with him, but it was my tribute and honouring my Dad's wishes. So it's very easy to get up on one's high horse and criticise without considering other's opinions.

Reactions: mylittletibbies

View attachment 10913

Key Takeaways

Not really surprised.....What else would you expect from this Narcissistic Generation!!

Show some respect. A funeral is for grieving. Obviously you are making a show of your fashion choices. If you came to a funeral , dressed like that, and it was my family who had passed. You would have been told to leave .