Woman’s fitted sheet folding hack: ‘Mind-blown’

What is the best way to fold fitted sheets? If you ask us, we actually don’t know! We try to fold them neatly at first and then fail, so we just roll them into a ball and shove them in the cupboard (please don’t get mad at us).

We've never figured out how to fold our washed bed sheets properly, but this woman has. The woman revealed how she folds fitted sheets perfectly in a Tiktok video recorded by her daughter.

The mum’s trick is to fold the fitted sheet while it’s still hanging in the clothesline. She begins by taking each side and folding them over each other.

gxWO2pe9_4slAbPwkvAl3dKL3SLdk5qOEQ3Ocwwgoi3OO-GwFdqTrfoCR1VYnMYiB9uElmm9dyqgBAMvgfWeWD1mX_ZI8RLtVsos1__6vvGuoehT8o_FoE_4RO9Fm7rsoPFncTQ=s0

Source: TikTok/amymaree922

Then, she folds the sides again until they form a single long column.

And then, she takes the single column from the line and folds it, ending up in a perfect parcel.

jMhZq3Vud0oFErcNg5xoxvMt2e-m3MInQAZe9gmntTfR-n64ACoEPDg_g-F8XceTrnq-gyw1jpaHuwhIysOY6PqGFu0OPZnraowp2g4LW-4emArxAHdx1KMVQsFfDU5NJ6KNhvA=s0

“Thanks, Mum, for the tip on how to fold a fitted sheet!” the woman’s daughter captioned in the video, which has been viewed over 191,000 times.

People on social media were stunned by how easily she folded the sheet.

“WOAH - Mind blown… Did anyone else not know this or just me?” one person wrote on Facebook.

“So does she just come over and do it? Or do I need to book an appointment?” one person jokingly responded.

IqFYPtILhNhD9wxSBhuWJCslJXVlGcYpN9J4U9UQz8S0w1ja8YpI2qljUfe05-vabt_Tx3d6JxaxOy5qM7LnOLzt0uTb6eti68L5Pzu4CbGIJs5RXkojFhwrzyFzhBxkHBMm11Y=s0

While many commenters were amazed by the new hack, others revealed they had been using the same method for years, with one revealing she folds everything as she takes it off the line because she "hates ironing with a passion."

“I've been doing it this way for years, so much easier than wrestling it in the air,” said another.

Watch the viral video here:

Do you use the same hack? Or do you have an even better method for folding fitted sheets? Share it in the comments below.

Reactions: MummaG
Sponsored
I watched a demo of fitted sheet folding on you tube and the lady made it look so easy... tucking this corner over here then this in here.. I was hopeless! Especially with king size sheets. This hack will save me lots of wrestling with the bl**#y thing! Thanks for posting.

Ive been folding my sheets like this for years no one showed me just easier being on my own. :) I fold all my clothes when bringing them in off the line.

Reactions: Val
Wow! So impressed with this, it looks so, so easy. I will give it a try for sure.