Woman’s “NASTY” aeroplane act sparks heated debate on social media — "Worrying lack of consideration for others"

Social media is ablaze with outrage after a passenger was spotted practising a "rude" act during her flight from Melbourne to Adelaide.

The concerned passenger, who took a photo of the offender — who put her feet up on the headrest in front of her just a few centimetres away from another passenger's head — took to Twitter to share the snap.

"The person next to me on my flight," the concerned passenger wrote in the caption.

rD7CFC1Bkdroywxd5JzTVuwFH9US4P9giinYzbYVKfjgI-1q-iZSq4zQNOIueTP5X3T7S3PSJTsfH6plrTay_erbSEkDwU5PaOI-9kx_MAbV_NWsJN6_sITje6256uFyaW1pLLPdkPdP6VxV_A

Photo of the woman lifting her feet up to the headrest of the seat in front of her. Credit: Twitter.

The post has captured the attention of many users, with several agreeing that the act was beyond rude and that the woman should apologise for it.

However, many social media users were quick to jump to the defence of the woman, with some speculating that the woman may be suffering from a "medical condition", which might be the reason why she had her feet up on the headrest.

One person explained: "Actually, that person could suffer from all sorts of conditions that require her legs to be up when flying."

"There are various conditions that are aided by legs being up in the air (no pun intended)."

It should be noted that elevating your legs while resting can prevent conditions like deep vein thrombosis and blood clots from worsening.

Other users turned their attention to the passenger who posted the picture, calling them out for being insensitive.

One user argued: "Is she really harming anyone?"

"If she's not touching the guy in front I don't see the problem," another added.

A third chimed in: "If she's not touching the guy in front, I don't see the problem."

gj2pfghG5PqrgvpZQFoGTe2BuzgvmtwaVAeZFC1seKKEMdm15rjPH3VN4yFKYHQtjNd6fhkUQoEd1lGPGGlOHDyL3FKGqe-pe8nxewMwYNqeoi8ZvZauxLXB8r-dT57bvFWcXusptPNvI98-zw

Several social media users pointed out that the woman was not invading the space of the passenger in front of her, saying that there’s nothing wrong as long as both parties are comfortable. Credit: David Macdiarmid/Getty Images.

Others were less forgiving, with some Twitter users describing the woman as "nasty" and "appalling".

One comment read: "Worrying lack of consideration for others."

"Omg that is so nasty," another said.

One user pointed out that the affected passenger did not complain, questioning why other people who were not even onboard the flight were fuming over the act.

The passenger in front of the woman replied in the discussion, saying that he remained asleep the entire flight.

Meanwhile, the woman in question has yet to comment on the issue.

There's no doubt that this simple, possibly health-related act has got people talking! We can certainly relate to the difficulty of getting comfortable on a plane, but not if it comes at the expense of another person’s wellbeing. We even feel a little guilty reclining our seats sometimes…

How about you? What are your thoughts on this?

Sponsored
if she had some sort of medical condition that required her legs up she should have sort out abetter seat. If I knew this was happening behind me...medical condition or not I would be furious...her down right dirty feet only inches from my head. It was just RUDE RUDE RUDE and I hope the hostess approached her and get her to take them down.

What’s happened to good manners and behaviour. Putting your feet up on furniture that doesn’t belong to you is rude and bad mannered. Your shoes are not clean and others have to sit on that furniture. Bad mannered, thoughtless and selfish. Something you see a lot of these days!

I have issues with passengers, especially children pushing on the back of my seat. I would certainly tell her to remove the filthy boots. If she has a medical issue lay on the floor or if it is a known issue before boarding or you just want to stretch out like a princess....get on a ship

Social media is ablaze with outrage after a passenger was spotted practising a "rude" act during her flight from Melbourne to Adelaide.

The concerned passenger, who took a photo of the offender — who put her feet up on the headrest in front of her just a few centimetres away from another passenger's head — took to Twitter to share the snap.

"The person next to me on my flight," the concerned passenger wrote in the caption.

rD7CFC1Bkdroywxd5JzTVuwFH9US4P9giinYzbYVKfjgI-1q-iZSq4zQNOIueTP5X3T7S3PSJTsfH6plrTay_erbSEkDwU5PaOI-9kx_MAbV_NWsJN6_sITje6256uFyaW1pLLPdkPdP6VxV_A

Photo of the woman lifting her feet up to the headrest of the seat in front of her. Credit: Twitter.

The post has captured the attention of many users, with several agreeing that the act was beyond rude and that the woman should apologise for it.

However, many social media users were quick to jump to the defence of the woman, with some speculating that the woman may be suffering from a "medical condition", which might be the reason why she had her feet up on the headrest.

One person explained: "Actually, that person could suffer from all sorts of conditions that require her legs to be up when flying."

"There are various conditions that are aided by legs being up in the air (no pun intended)."

It should be noted that elevating your legs while resting can prevent conditions like deep vein thrombosis and blood clots from worsening.

Other users turned their attention to the passenger who posted the picture, calling them out for being insensitive.

"If she's not touching the guy in front I don't see the problem," another added.

A third chimed in: "If she's not touching the guy in front, I don't see the problem."

gj2pfghG5PqrgvpZQFoGTe2BuzgvmtwaVAeZFC1seKKEMdm15rjPH3VN4yFKYHQtjNd6fhkUQoEd1lGPGGlOHDyL3FKGqe-pe8nxewMwYNqeoi8ZvZauxLXB8r-dT57bvFWcXusptPNvI98-zw

Several social media users pointed out that the woman was not invading the space of the passenger in front of her, saying that there’s nothing wrong as long as both parties are comfortable. Credit: David Macdiarmid/Getty Images.

Others were less forgiving, with some Twitter users describing the woman as "nasty" and "appalling".

One user pointed out that the affected passenger did not complain, questioning why other people who were not even onboard the flight were fuming over the act.

The passenger in front of the woman replied in the discussion, saying that he remained asleep the entire flight.

There's no doubt that this simple, possibly health-related act has got people talking! We can certainly relate to the difficulty of getting comfortable on a plane, but not if it comes at the expense of another person’s wellbeing. We even feel a little guilty reclining our seats sometimes…

Think I’d rather someone’s feet in my hair and be able to move to accomodate than someone’s rocking head in my lap restricting all movement in or out even reading Is difficult and no chance of watching/playing seatback entertainment. Sometimes choice is not optional whereas consideration should be 🤯

All the excuses for bad behaviour . Unacceptable. No manners there. Not even bad manners. How many people would tolerate this disrespectful behaviour in their home from an unknown person. As for medical condition, you should not be flying if you have a condition that you have extend that way (even so, if an onset of a condition on the flight, the onboard staff would have taken them to area where they could stretch out lol)Look at the photo, the person is just using sloth behaviours. To make the world a better place. Call out bad behaviours.

If she had a medical reason, then that should be staff’s problem to sort out.
I know I wouldn’t have tolerated having someone’s filthy shoes that close to my head. Maybe the person in front of her should’ve put their seat back …. then who would’ve been complaining? 🧐

Bad manners and a short flight so no need. Honestly medical condition? If it is to prevent blood clots get a pair of support socks or travel by train .. nobody medically compromised would put themselves at risk and would have purchased a seat with extra leg room so they can move their legs.

if she had some sort of medical condition that required her legs up she should have sort out abetter seat. If I knew this was happening behind me...medical condition or not I would be furious...her down right dirty feet only inches from my head. It was just RUDE RUDE RUDE and I hope the hostess approached her and get her to take them down.
100%

That is disgraceful behaviour! I have swelling in one leg due to vein damage and I am at higher risk of DVT when flying, but I would never do something like that! I see my GP, take medication, wear a compression stocking, and get up and walk around every hour (always get an aisle seat and am careful to keep out of the way). Also have some exercises to do while sitting. There is no excuse for such bad manners!

SAFETY FIRST ......... what if the plane hits an air pocket, this person could not only slide forward and end up on the floor, she could also cause herself and possibly others serious injury. Cabin Crew should have been alerted and she should have been asked to put her feet down regardless of any medical condition. No common sense.