Why this Macca’s low-carb order has the internet up in arms: ‘You still put garbage in your body’

Most people love a good McDonald’s meal for its familiar taste.

But nowadays, with everyone paying more attention to healthy eating, even a classic Macca’s order can raise eyebrows.

When one health enthusiast shared her unique, low-carb take on a popular Macca’s burger, the internet couldn’t stop talking.

Was it a genuine attempt at balancing fast food with health, or just a fleeting craze? One thing’s for sure—everyone had an opinion!

A wellness enthusiast named Kristy Hawk is renowned for advocating the low-carb or keto lifestyle.

She recently ruffled some feathers among her audience with her unique McDonald’s order that takes away a rather iconic part of the meal.

The 41-year-old social media user mentioned that her visits to McDonald’s are infrequent, but she has a particular preference for a ‘naked’ burger when she does.

Yes, you read that right. A burger, but rid of its buns and a few other ingredients—quite literally stripping it bare.

202201_3426-005_DoubleQuarterPounderwithCheese_832x472_product-header-desktop.jpeg
A Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese from McDonald’s contains 740 calories. Image source: McDonald’s

Initially, she orders a Double Quarter Pounder burger and omits the bun, followed by the mustard and tomato sauce.

She occasionally alters her meal by removing onions and incorporating mayonnaise, light lettuce, and pickles.

To accompany her unique meal, she chooses iced water.

After Kristy showed her custom ‘naked’ burger on social media, her followers had mixed reactions.

Unsurprisingly, some were in disbelief at her bizarre changes to Macca’s burgers.

‘What is the point of going to McDonald’s then?’ one woman asked.

‘That pile of mayonnaise should scare you more than bread, but okay,’ a man commented.

‘If you're going to eat garbage, don’t church it up by eliminating the bun. You still put garbage in your body. This doesn't make it any more healthy,’ another voiced.

SDC-Maccas-Naked-Burger.jpg
Kristy Hawk, a well-known coach for the low-carb or keto diet, prefers her Macca's meal bun-free. Image source: Instagram/@kristyketolifestyle

Yet others showed admiration.

‘This is exactly what my McDonald’s orders look like when I go! I’m glad I’m not the ONLY one.’ a supporter shared.

‘There is no need for a bun—especially for those of us who watch what we eat,’ echoed another.

Meanwhile, staff mentioned that such unconventional requests can be a hassle, though they do occur. They even shared other examples of strange food orders!

‘Lots of people order cheeseburgers without the meat,’ a staffer remarked.

‘I once had someone order a burger with five different types of sauce,’ another shared.

And lastly, a few patrons shared their unique methods to avoid traditional bread.

‘If I know I'm going to eat at a fast food restaurant I take a low-carb tortilla in a ziplock bag in my purse. Then I just flip the interior of the burger/sandwich onto my tortilla and eat it that way.’

Key Takeaways

• A health-focused foodie named Kristy Hawk, who follows a low-carb or keto diet, shared her specific ‘naked’ McDonald's order online.
  • The 41-year-old US-based diet coach prefers her McDonald’s Double Quarter Pounder burger without the bun, mustard, tomato sauce and sometimes onions, adding mayonnaise, light lettuce and pickles instead.
  • This revelation divided her followers, some questioning the point of going to McDonald’s for such an order, and others applauding her low-carb choice.
  • Staff revealed that while Hawk’s order can be ‘annoying’ to make, there are myriad other unique requests they receive from customers.
Members, would you try a Macca’s burger without the buns? Have you come across odd food orders too? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
Most people love a good McDonald’s meal for its familiar taste.

But nowadays, with everyone paying more attention to healthy eating, even a classic Macca’s order can raise eyebrows.

When one health enthusiast shared her unique, low-carb take on a popular Macca’s burger, the internet couldn’t stop talking.

Was it a genuine attempt at balancing fast food with health, or just a fleeting craze? One thing’s for sure—everyone had an opinion!

A wellness enthusiast named Kristy Hawk is renowned for advocating the low-carb or keto lifestyle.

She recently ruffled some feathers among her audience with her unique McDonald’s order that takes away a rather iconic part of the meal.

The 41-year-old social media user mentioned that her visits to McDonald’s are infrequent, but she has a particular preference for a ‘naked’ burger when she does.

Yes, you read that right. A burger, but rid of its buns and a few other ingredients—quite literally stripping it bare.

View attachment 33754
A Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese from McDonald’s contains 740 calories. Image source: McDonald’s

Initially, she orders a Double Quarter Pounder burger and omits the bun, followed by the mustard and tomato sauce.

She occasionally alters her meal by removing onions and incorporating mayonnaise, light lettuce, and pickles.

To accompany her unique meal, she chooses iced water.

After Kristy showed her custom ‘naked’ burger on social media, her followers had mixed reactions.

Unsurprisingly, some were in disbelief at her bizarre changes to Macca’s burgers.

‘What is the point of going to McDonald’s then?’ one woman asked.

‘That pile of mayonnaise should scare you more than bread, but okay,’ a man commented.

‘If you're going to eat garbage, don’t church it up by eliminating the bun. You still put garbage in your body. This doesn't make it any more healthy,’ another voiced.

View attachment 33755
Kristy Hawk, a well-known coach for the low-carb or keto diet, prefers her Macca's meal bun-free. Image source: Instagram/@kristyketolifestyle

Yet others showed admiration.

‘This is exactly what my McDonald’s orders look like when I go! I’m glad I’m not the ONLY one.’ a supporter shared.

‘There is no need for a bun—especially for those of us who watch what we eat,’ echoed another.

Meanwhile, staff mentioned that such unconventional requests can be a hassle, though they do occur. They even shared other examples of strange food orders!

‘Lots of people order cheeseburgers without the meat,’ a staffer remarked.

‘I once had someone order a burger with five different types of sauce,’ another shared.

And lastly, a few patrons shared their unique methods to avoid traditional bread.

‘If I know I'm going to eat at a fast food restaurant I take a low-carb tortilla in a ziplock bag in my purse. Then I just flip the interior of the burger/sandwich onto my tortilla and eat it that way.’

Key Takeaways

• A health-focused foodie named Kristy Hawk, who follows a low-carb or keto diet, shared her specific ‘naked’ McDonald's order online.
  • The 41-year-old US-based diet coach prefers her McDonald’s Double Quarter Pounder burger without the bun, mustard, tomato sauce and sometimes onions, adding mayonnaise, light lettuce and pickles instead.
  • This revelation divided her followers, some questioning the point of going to McDonald’s for such an order, and others applauding her low-carb choice.
  • Staff revealed that while Hawk’s order can be ‘annoying’ to make, there are myriad other unique requests they receive from customers.
Members, would you try a Macca’s burger without the buns? Have you come across odd food orders too? Let us know in the comments below!
Throw away the burger and eat the container?.

• Haha
Reactions: Veggiepatch