Who will replace Tracy Grimshaw on A Current Affair? Kyle Sandilands let the cat out of the bag on air

Many of us were sad to hear the news that Tracy Grimshaw would be leaving A Current Affair after hosting the show for an impressive 17 years.

Grimshaw made the announcement on the show in September, citing exhaustion as her reason for stepping down as its main host.

‘I’m not too old, I’m just a bit tired,’ she said. ‘I’ve basically been a shift worker for 26 years… and it’s time for less of that daily obligation.’

But while we're sad to see her go, we're also excited about who might step into her shoes and take over as host of the popular news program.

Rumours have been swirling about who will get the gig, with names like Allison Langdon and Sylvia Jeffreys being thrown around as potential replacements.

Screenshot_1.png
Grimshaw announced her exit from A Current Affair in September. Credit: YouTube/A Current Affair

Langdon, in particular, has been allegedly a heavy favourite of Channel Nine executives according to a recent report.

Now, it seems we may finally have some answers to the question hounding viewers, and it’s all thanks to radio shock jock Kyle Sandilands.

During an interview with Grimshaw on Wednesday's episode of The Kyle and Jackie O Show, Sandilands asked whether she knew anything about her successor.

‘Do you know who you’re passing the baton to?’ he asked Grimshaw, to which she said ‘I do.’

Perhaps sensing a scoop, he prodded: ‘Give us a hint, come on.’

Of course, Grimshaw wouldn't confirm anything herself, saying only that viewers would know ‘very soon’.

‘Every person who has been speculated about is an exemplary person,’ she said.

‘I can’t possibly give you a hint… I wouldn’t be surprised if you know next week.’

But surprise, surprise — it turns out, Sandilands knew more than he was letting on!

Screenshot_2.png
Langdon has been among the names allegedly considered to replace Grimshaw on A Current Affair. Credit: YouTube/TODAY

‘Let me just tell everyone it is Ally,’ Sandilands said. ‘I don’t mean to burst Channel Nine’s bubble.’

Sandilands explained that allegedly, Today Show co-host Karl Stefanovic, who Langdon partners on-air, asked him for advice about who should join him on the show as her replacement.

‘I don’t know if that was a personal chat… He didn’t ask me not to say anything.’

While Sandilands was dropping the bombshell on-air, Grimshaw could be heard laughing.

Key Takeaways

• Kyle Sandilands has claimed to know who will be replacing Tracy Grimshaw on A Current Affair, and it is allegedly Allison Langdon.
  • Sandilands revealed this information after Karl Stefanovic reportedly asked for his advice on who should join him on the Today Show.
  • Grimshaw refused to confirm or deny the rumours, saying only that viewers will know 'very soon'.
To Sandilands’ credit, he gave one final push to confirm his suspicions.

‘Can you confirm that? That it is Ally?’ he asked Grimshaw.

And in true industry veteran fashion, she responded: ‘I can confirm nothing.’

Grimshaw is set to air her final A Current Affair appearance by the end of the month.

Meanwhile, names like Amelia Adams, Sarah Abo, and Carrie Bickmore are reportedly being considered as replacements for Langdon if she leaves the Today Show.

So, what do you think about Sandilands’ claim? Do you think Langdon would be a good replacement for Grimshaw?

Tell us your thoughts below!

Source: Twitter/@kyleandjackieo

Sponsored