SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
mOiOz

mOiOz

Jun 10, 2022
WHO ELSE HAS EVER SCORED MONEY FROM A SCAM?

WHO ELSE HAS EVER SCORED MONEY FROM A SCAM?

YES, you read it right the first time!
Roughly a week ago a member posted a scam from Coles about 3200 points expiring.
Well, 2 days prior and at least 5 texts and email reminders later, I decided to check it out!
I went straight to my computer to purchase online.

Having left Coles at least 18 months prior (due to disappointing service and a wider
choice at Woolies) after being a regular customer for many years, for the first time in a
while, I placed a small order with them, mostly consisting of sale items.

When attempting to pay, I noticed there was no automatic offer of a discount from saved
points, as always shown with Woolies payments, in increments of $10 (Coles does NOT
credit automatically)
It was then that I called Coles to enquire.

I mentioned the text messages regarding my 3200 points - when I was told it was a scam.
I wasn't phased at the time; I was happy to get the sale discounts and unknowingly got the
monthly 10% discount too, which was another pleasant surprise.
Coles then offered to check if I did have points from previous purchases on my account.
Lo and behold I did, over a thousand points more than the scam - now totaling $214.00...!

I would never have known this if the scam hadn't alerted me to find out.
TG, I did NOT click on the scam message, as I NEVER use my phone to access the internet.
SCAMMERS... the joke's on you this time!

MEMBERS - check your unused accounts!

You.have to go into the Cole’s App to release your points. Something I do every two months Got an extra $10 this week by swapping my points with Woolworths rewards to Save for Christmas

• Love
Reactions: mOiOz
Beware!!!

Another scam going around

Got this today and I am not even a Bendigo Bank customer, never have been .

Temporary Card Suspension Notice

Dear Bendigo Customer,

We recently updated our payment system and discovered that your card was temporarily suspended by mistake. This suspension prevents you from using your card until it is reactivated.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. The reactivation process is simple and will only take a few minutes. Please visit our website and follow the steps to reactivate your card.

Until reactivation, you will be unable to:

• Make online payments
  • Withdraw cash from ATMs
  • Use your card at Point of Sale (POS) terminals
It is important to reactivate your card as soon as possible. Please do not ignore this email.

After reactivation, your card will function securely without any issues.

We apologize once more for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding. For any questions or assistance, our customer support team is here to help.

For help or questions, please contact our customer service team.

For assistance, contact our customer service team via email or phone.

Kind Regards,

The Bendigo Banking Security Team​

© 2024 Bendigo Banking Co

Beware!!!

Dear Bendigo Customer,

We recently updated our payment system and discovered that your card was temporarily suspended by mistake. This suspension prevents you from using your card until it is reactivated.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. The reactivation process is simple and will only take a few minutes. Please visit our website and follow the steps to reactivate your card.

• Make online payments
It is important to reactivate your card as soon as possible. Please do not ignore this email.

We apologize once more for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding. For any questions or assistance, our customer support team is here to help.

Kind Regards,

Beware!!!

Dear Bendigo Customer,

• Make online payments

Kind Regards,

Thanks for that. The scammers are loosing their touch. Most of us are on to them. Some of the things they are coming up with are laughable, I think they are getting desperate lol

Thanks for that. The scammers are loosing their touch. Most of us are on to them. Some of the things they are coming up with are laughable, I think they are getting desperate lol
A few things which should be bloody obvious to people by now ... if you're not involved with Bendigo in the first place, isn't it unlikely that you'd even think about reading this email; secondly, would a bank send out a generalised "Dear customer" note to one of their account holders; thirdly, don't the words "temporarily suspended your card by mistake" start to get the warning bells ringing?
Shouldn't the first step be to contact Bendigo to confirm the details -- and not by any other means except by a personal front-up at a branch or at least by looking up a contact number on its web page to do so?

A few things which should be bloody obvious to people by now ... if you're not involved with Bendigo in the first place, isn't it unlikely that you'd even think about reading this email; secondly, would a bank send out a generalised "Dear customer" note to one of their account holders; thirdly, don't the words "temporarily suspended your card by mistake" start to get the warning bells ringing?
Shouldn't the first step be to contact Bendigo to confirm the details -- and not by any other means except by a personal front-up at a branch or at least by looking up a contact number on its web page to do so?
Well said.
WHEN IN DOUBT - LEAVE IT OUT...!

Another place that I thought was sending scams was in fact not sent by them but the guilty party had managed to load their letter head etc. I was able to read the beginning of it without opening. Supposedly my direct debit payment was not successful. I knew it had already been deducted from my bank account......If you get on from your own bank contact customer service. They will verify if they have in fact actually sent any emails etc

Reactions: PattiB and Iggydi
Beware!!!

Dear Bendigo Customer,

• Make online payments

Kind Regards,

Are people still falling for this type of scam ??

Reactions: PattiB and Iggydi
I got a similar email from PayPal.. I had been using it regularly so I logged into my account through the legitimate site and everything was fine.
How do these scumbags know your activity?

Received an e-mail from Bendigo Bank but as I don't bank there deleted it without opening.

Beware!!!

Dear Bendigo Customer,

• Make online payments

Kind Regards,

If this was real it would address you by name!

Beware!!!

Dear Bendigo Customer,

• Make online payments

Kind Regards,

I've had a few, too.

Beware!!!

Dear Bendigo Customer,

• Make online payments

Kind Regards,

I received an email from "Bendigo Bank". I have never held an account with this bank, so I realised that this was a scam. After repeated attempts to contact the bank to report the scam, I was finally able to report. I have also contacted Telstra, My Gov & other companies to report these scams. My question is - why don't these companies warn us? I have never seen a company, apart from Australia Post, issue a warning,