Which side are YOU on? Driver’s ‘ridiculous’ note after taking a designated parking spot leaves a resident FUMING

One BMW driver left a Sydney resident fuming with anger after they left a ‘ridiculous’ note on their car’s windscreen in the hope of explaining why they decided to take her designated parking spot.

The resident took to Facebook to blow off some steam, adding a picture of the note that reads: “'Apologies if this is someone's park. I booked visitor parking and there is no availability. Will move ASAP.”

The images of the car were posted on social media on Wednesday but the BMW remained at a standstill for over 24 hours.

ueuoXETLBNacwJecgCgBdu7M6pH-VxdRrtZeR1GucvBMQh2g9DeygTUeaElVoxCAXJ__liZ579KJF5drjsYvZd-vj0Sfv5oZiWqGPWKBmLLFzhxLRi1PWPGHM3N97gceHDGafNIndCfxQNq2cQ

The driver left a note after taking up the designated parking space. Image Credit: DailyMail

The resident went on to explain that the car had been in her spot since Tuesday morning. She parked her car in front of the BMW on Tuesday night but upon checking the following day, the driver still hadn’t moved their car an inch. It seemed clear to her that the owner was in no rush to leave.

“It is ridiculous that at least once a week I find my parking spot occupied,” the woman captioned her Facebook rant. “Also, isn't ASAP supposed to mean 'as soon as possible?'”

Several users also found the circumstance outrageous, sharing how someone else blocking off a paid parking space is ‘ridiculous’.

Others suggested she take things a little further, with one urging her to key the BMW and another insisting she should take the number plate for ‘safekeeping’.

One more thought it would be a good idea to puncture the tyres of the luxury vehicle to teach the driver a lesson. But a user argued that although puncturing the wheels on the car seemed like it might be quite gratifying, doing so would actually be counterproductive.

G_cCAwYxQpIGDuP05283iqxrEtiqaA6X0LpZtoG_JnPUGC4lr1WiHZcoMIMDYWqRvCTIi1CbDsR1eSZoU2s4HhnmuvP9Ws34i189KuGO2WXAVAbjUpyOJ4vBCnF9np7On_JWLPszBFqYSbPfUA

After over 24 hours, the car remained in place. Image Credit: DailyMail

"When this offender is finally ready to move their car, then four flat tyres isn't helping," the user responded.

The resident who shared the pictures to a Facebook group added that the building management couldn't do anything to help resolve her case.

Inconsiderate drivers who take up designated parking spaces or no parking zones almost always cause a stir – but remaining open to both sides of the story may completely change your perception of them.

One woman who was fined $117 last week for stopping in a no-parking zone also got herself in some trouble but this story ended in an unexpected twist. You can read more about this by clicking here!

Do you think the BMW driver crossed the line or is the resident overreacting? Share your thoughts with us in the comments!

Sponsored
BMW driver sounds arrogant! Leave a note telling the driver that you don’t appreciate it and not to do it again!

Reactions: Ricci
Which side are YOU on? Driver’s ‘ridiculous’ note after taking a designated parking spot leaves a resident FUMING

One BMW driver left a Sydney resident fuming with anger after they left a ‘ridiculous’ note on their car’s windscreen in the hope of explaining why they decided to take her designated parking spot.

The resident took to Facebook to blow off some steam, adding a picture of the note that reads: “'Apologies if this is someone's park. I booked visitor parking and there is no availability. Will move ASAP.”

The images of the car were posted on social media on Wednesday but the BMW remained at a standstill for over 24 hours.

ueuoXETLBNacwJecgCgBdu7M6pH-VxdRrtZeR1GucvBMQh2g9DeygTUeaElVoxCAXJ__liZ579KJF5drjsYvZd-vj0Sfv5oZiWqGPWKBmLLFzhxLRi1PWPGHM3N97gceHDGafNIndCfxQNq2cQ

The driver left a note after taking up the designated parking space. Image Credit: DailyMail

The resident went on to explain that the car had been in her spot since Tuesday morning. She parked her car in front of the BMW on Tuesday night but upon checking the following day, the driver still hadn’t moved their car an inch. It seemed clear to her that the owner was in no rush to leave.

“It is ridiculous that at least once a week I find my parking spot occupied,” the woman captioned her Facebook rant. “Also, isn't ASAP supposed to mean 'as soon as possible?'”

Several users also found the circumstance outrageous, sharing how someone else blocking off a paid parking space is ‘ridiculous’.

Others suggested she take things a little further, with one urging her to key the BMW and another insisting she should take the number plate for ‘safekeeping’.

One more thought it would be a good idea to puncture the tyres of the luxury vehicle to teach the driver a lesson. But a user argued that although puncturing the wheels on the car seemed like it might be quite gratifying, doing so would actually be counterproductive.

G_cCAwYxQpIGDuP05283iqxrEtiqaA6X0LpZtoG_JnPUGC4lr1WiHZcoMIMDYWqRvCTIi1CbDsR1eSZoU2s4HhnmuvP9Ws34i189KuGO2WXAVAbjUpyOJ4vBCnF9np7On_JWLPszBFqYSbPfUA

"When this offender is finally ready to move their car, then four flat tyres isn't helping," the user responded.

The resident who shared the pictures to a Facebook group added that the building management couldn't do anything to help resolve her case.

Inconsiderate drivers who take up designated parking spaces or no parking zones almost always cause a stir – but remaining open to both sides of the story may completely change your perception of them.

One woman who was fined $117 last week for stopping in a no-parking zone also got herself in some trouble but this story ended in an unexpected twist. You can read more about this by clicking here!

Do you think the BMW driver crossed the line or is the resident overreacting? Share your thoughts with us in the comments!
Just do what I used to do park across them and leave a note as to where you can be found when they contact you explain that in taking your paid spot they are actually guilty of theft, they never think of that it really shakes them up.

I too might be tempted to block the car in but then two wrongs don't make a right. I might mock up some sort of official looking letterhead and leave a note on the vehicle if it bothered me that much or was a recurring thing. maybe a note threatening towing the vehicle away if not removed.:)

Reactions: Defiant540
Key the car ?? Puncture the tyres ?? Oh, what a bunch of hooligans you are. I find your advice disgusting, actually

Damaging the car is leaving you open to prosecution. Stupid idea and childish action. There are stickers that are used by various clubs etc that they put on the windscreen / windows of cars which proclaim this person is illegally parked. Whilst it won't get the car moved quickly - it will definitely make them reconsider do this again.

Damaging the car is leaving you open to prosecution. Stupid idea and childish action. There are stickers that are used by various clubs etc that they put on the windscreen / windows of cars which proclaim this person is illegally parked. Whilst it won't get the car moved quickly - it will definitely make them reconsider do this again.
Hook it up to a 4 wheel drive and skull drag it out of there, BMW drivers think they're privileged.

• Haha
On further reflection, was this incident a "one off" or a repeat offender? A one off overstay could have medical reasons for the extended stay.... never act without the full story folks. Of course with repeat offenders they make themselves fair game...:rolleyes:

Just get it towed to the towing yard then leave a note on your window telling them where there car can be picked up only if they are a repeat offender. find out the full story first

BMW definitely crossed the line. What a cheek! Park in the street - even if a couple of blocks away!

BMW definitely crossed the line. What a cheek! Park in the street - even if a couple of blocks away!
Now I'm going to put cat amongst the pigeons. Living on the Gold Coast is a bit different. If you are driving in left lane doing speed limit thinking you are doing the right thing, wrong there will be a BMW, Porsche, Mercedes trying to get in front of you or if in right lane how dare you make me change lanes so I can cut you off. Trust me lm on the road every day taking my wife to work which is 30klms away.