Which of these supermarket personalities are you?

A video on TikTok has surfaced, revealing which personalities shop at which supermarket including Coles, Woolworths, Aldi, IGA, and more. So is she spot-on with your personality?

Aussie TikTok user Carly Portch made a video a few days ago about the stereotypes of customers you encounter at different grocery stores.

She began the video by describing those who shop at Aldi, saying, “If you shop at Aldi, first of all, everyone in your life knows that you shop at Aldi. You thrive during chaos, and your flex is getting a special buy.”

And then, those who shop at Woolworths, “If you shop at Woolies, you’re a no-nonsense person who knows what they want out of life and does not embrace change,” she said.

The TikTok user proceeded to describe Coles shoppers; she said they think they’re better than a few people, “Woolies shoppers”, she whispered.

ujP47G6cNtLd1yhcKBAqpmX7Sec7i24ZFvHY5Ruba5sQMQ5oYjk48J0jkWta1SjkDyQNDBngOSzZ-KsnMIMwbN17FwjAW8OhNlGwoYXNGfwFu_OMX_amFV5E75ewi4-_FKZCoGOv=s0

TikTok user @carlyztiktok describes the stereotypes of different shoppers. Photo from TikTok.

“And secondly, you don’t mind just browsing around, you don’t really know what you want out of life, you have kind of an idea, but you just go where it takes you,” she continued.

“If you shop at IGA, you are the nicest people that everybody knows,” she said. “You are reliable, you are salt of the earth, you will literally give someone the shirt off your back if they need it.”

“If you shop at Harris Farm, congratulations on doing well for yourself, firstly,” Carly congratulated the shoppers. “And secondly, you don't have a life; you have a lifestyle,” she continued.

And finally, for those who shop at Costco, “Firstly, you love to feel a part of something, and secondly, you are well-prepared for any of life’s situations no matter what it may throw at you, you have the perfect thing to clean it up.”

The comment section was filled with laughing emojis as the funny video garnered over 2,000 views from fellow Aussie shoppers who laughed and agreed with her.
One user even asked Carly, “where do you shop?”

In which she replied, “I would never reveal my personality like that.”

Where do you shop? And was Carly right about your personality?

Sponsored
I must be a very confused person, I shop at Woolies, Coles & Aldi and a local market. :cool:
Me too because i shop at all of them - except Costco but i also shop online at amazon & who gives a crap etc, plus i like to spread my patronage around all the local places too 😂

Me too because i shop at all of them - except Costco but i also shop online at amazon & who gives a crap etc, plus i like to spread my patronage around all the local places too 😂
I agree 😂 maybe it means you have a little bit of each personality type!

I shop at Woolies usually and yep, no-nonsense type and I HATE change...bad change, very bad...mostly, because I would LOVE change if I won Powerball or OzLotto).
However, I do wander through Aldi (I never buy food at Aldi but I sometimes pick up the odd thing like household stuff).
I also occasionally shop at Coles but not very often.

I shop at Woolies usually and yep, no-nonsense type and I HATE change...bad change, very bad...mostly, because I would LOVE change if I won Powerball or OzLotto).
However, I do wander through Aldi (I never buy food at Aldi but I sometimes pick up the odd thing like household stuff).
I also occasionally shop at Coles but not very often.
There's nothing wrong with knowing what you want ;)

I shop at Coles and Woollies so not sure what type I am. Go where I get the best deal for the week or sometimes shop at both on the one day. Go figure peoples!

Do I have to worry? shopping at Coles and Aldi regularly, Woolies and IGA as well as green grocers and markets in between, plus of course eBay, Amazon and others online... Or am I just the typical Coles person who doesnt really know what she wants and just goes whereever? (But with a shopping list😂😂)

• Haha
Reactions: Xe
I ALWAYS have a shopping list and generally stick to it unless I see an item on special or one that I have forgotten. "The list" is always made for my click and collect order prior to even starting then added to as I go. I have a menu for the week as well but do not always stick totally to it and that is where a well stocked freezer comes into play. Was always a list person during my working life until retirement and don't envisage any change at nearly 80 yrs of age. Old habits die hard.

Do I have to worry? shopping at Coles and Aldi regularly, Woolies and IGA as well as green grocers and markets in between, plus of course eBay, Amazon and others online... Or am I just the typical Coles person who doesnt really know what she wants and just goes whereever? (But with a shopping list😂😂)
Wow, you do my head in but glad you at least have a list.o_O:rolleyes::)

@Dot and @Noraya I have a lot to learn from you both :( I'm the worst person to let loose in the supermarket because I just buy a whole bunch of stuff that I don't need.

Reactions: Dot