While in France, we had to pop across to Switzerland to visit the Hadron Collider (which is half in France, but the entrance is in Switzerland). We had a tour inside, and then walked across the park, to look at this amazing sculpture; it's called "Wandering the Immesurable" and it's kind of a history lesson as well as being a beautiful piece of art.

Attachments

• DSC_0061.JPG
    DSC_0061.JPG
    197.4 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Suzanne rose
Vultures have kind of a bad image, I guess because they eat carrion. But I think these ones at least are quite beautiful. We got to walk about in the giant aviary in a zoo in the Pyrenees in Spain. This bird was very placid and despite being equipped to dismember animals as large as horses, he didn't mind that I gave him a little pat.

Attachments

• DSC_0103_1.JPG
    DSC_0103_1.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Suzanne rose

Join the conversation

News, deals, games, and bargains for Aussies over 60. From everyday expenses like groceries and eating out, to electronics, fashion and travel, the club is all about helping you make your money go further.

Seniors Discount Club

The SDC searches for the best deals, discounts, and bargains for Aussies over 60. From everyday expenses like groceries and eating out, to electronics, fashion and travel, the club is all about helping you make your money go further.
  1. New members
  2. Jokes & fun
  3. Photography
  4. Nostalgia / Yesterday's Australia
  5. Food and Lifestyle
  6. Money Saving Hacks
  7. Offtopic / Everything else
  • We believe that retirement should be a time to relax and enjoy life, not worry about money. That's why we're here to help our members make the most of their retirement years. If you're over 60 and looking for ways to save money, connect with others, and have a laugh, we’d love to have you aboard.
  • Advertise with us

User Menu

Enjoyed Reading our Story?

• Share this forum to your loved ones.
Change Weather Postcode×
Change Petrol Postcode×