Where did all the free hot chook vouchers go? COLES responds

If like us, you've been a regular Coles shopper for a long time, you are probably already familiar with the popular "free" Hot Roast Chicken vouchers that the supermarket offers.

The BBQ chook promise offered by the retail giant entitles customers to a voucher for a free roasted chicken to be redeemed within seven days if the store does not have any chooks available for purchase.

Customers can collect their voucher at the deli counter, and the offer is only valid during the specified hours set by each Coles store individually.

In recent days, however, there has been a rise in the number of fellow shoppers speculating that the free vouchers for hot chicken may soon be (or are they already?) a thing of the past.

5Xmie2b23PeCIJdk47GDwrDaaSD2WBxCLijeHOuYnPBpJQCsNOld6teCAesG4qz5jxlDPp-wFHm9jRe3SFdGJrwlW8JTGhOJlGaB5f4bEWdmS6nqVxTFQ_V5FVbSFLSIOSBMsmio6GJAUEG_OQ

A photo of a Coles voucher posted online by a customer stirred up a wave of discussion. Credit: Facebook.

In a post on the popular Facebook group Markdown Addicts Australia, one mum shared a photo of her free chook voucher from Coles with the caption, "Thanks to this group, I knew to ask for this when my local Coles ran out of hot chooks late this afternoon."

However, the comments section was flooded with comments from several other Coles customers who expressed their confusion regarding whether or not the store still "honours" the offer.

Some shoppers even claimed that the promotion stickers and signage advertising the Coles promise had been already removed from their local stores.

"I had no idea they still did this. All of the Coles in my area have taken down the signs. Is there a way I can show them the proof they have to still honour it?" asked one user.

A second person added, "A lot of Coles have removed the signs and stickers at the chicken warmer now. Sometimes too they will say they can't issue vouchers after 8 pm and also say they can only hand out so many a day."

A third shopper agreed and shared her frustration, saying, "My Coles refuses to give vouchers. They started out blaming COVID, now they just say no."

80QXsoHZt83Sz0qzkLRH_LrDFn0TvNQu8muxXQbERNE_QK73pO5YbMOHm62_jqfrH9i1FhsyHhjDd68zj0lUiUtcxvGsZeroDEEiOEjRnZjTlP_h_ECQ46nvin4oe1HTYuYApiVjjuy6STZoCA

The "free chook" offer is only valid at participating Coles locations during the specified time periods. Credit: Facebook.

In response to the misunderstanding on social media, a spokesperson for Coles has clarified, as reported by an online news publication, that the countrywide promotion is still in effect.

Coles customers can still get a voucher for a free hot roast chook from the deli department if none are available between certain hours, as specified on signage near the chooks.

However, the policy is, ultimately, left up to the discretion of the Coles store management in each location.

This means that in some Coles branches, especially those in heavily populated areas, the store may not be able to provide free vouchers because of high demand and the impact of supply chain issues.

So, members, if you find that your local Coles is no longer offering free hot chook vouchers, it's best to speak with management to clear up any confusion!

• Sad
Reactions: Ezzy, BJM and Ricci
Sponsored
Why people are still buying cooked chooks amazes me. This week I bought a chook from Aldi for $6.50, took it home and chucked it in the air fryer whilst I put the rest of the shopping away and by the time I had prepared the rest of the dinner the chook was cooked. This works out to be a lot more economical than buying one for whatever astronomical price they are asking these days.:)

Where did all the free hot chook vouchers go? COLES responds

If like us, you've been a regular Coles shopper for a long time, you are probably already familiar with the popular "free" Hot Roast Chicken vouchers that the supermarket offers.

The BBQ chook promise offered by the retail giant entitles customers to a voucher for a free roasted chicken to be redeemed within seven days if the store does not have any chooks available for purchase.

Customers can collect their voucher at the deli counter, and the offer is only valid during the specified hours set by each Coles store individually.

In recent days, however, there has been a rise in the number of fellow shoppers speculating that the free vouchers for hot chicken may soon be (or are they already?) a thing of the past.

5Xmie2b23PeCIJdk47GDwrDaaSD2WBxCLijeHOuYnPBpJQCsNOld6teCAesG4qz5jxlDPp-wFHm9jRe3SFdGJrwlW8JTGhOJlGaB5f4bEWdmS6nqVxTFQ_V5FVbSFLSIOSBMsmio6GJAUEG_OQ

A photo of a Coles voucher posted online by a customer stirred up a wave of discussion. Credit: Facebook.

In a post on the popular Facebook group Markdown Addicts Australia, one mum shared a photo of her free chook voucher from Coles with the caption, "Thanks to this group, I knew to ask for this when my local Coles ran out of hot chooks late this afternoon."

However, the comments section was flooded with comments from several other Coles customers who expressed their confusion regarding whether or not the store still "honours" the offer.

Some shoppers even claimed that the promotion stickers and signage advertising the Coles promise had been already removed from their local stores.

"I had no idea they still did this. All of the Coles in my area have taken down the signs. Is there a way I can show them the proof they have to still honour it?" asked one user.

A second person added, "A lot of Coles have removed the signs and stickers at the chicken warmer now. Sometimes too they will say they can't issue vouchers after 8 pm and also say they can only hand out so many a day."

A third shopper agreed and shared her frustration, saying, "My Coles refuses to give vouchers. They started out blaming COVID, now they just say no."

80QXsoHZt83Sz0qzkLRH_LrDFn0TvNQu8muxXQbERNE_QK73pO5YbMOHm62_jqfrH9i1FhsyHhjDd68zj0lUiUtcxvGsZeroDEEiOEjRnZjTlP_h_ECQ46nvin4oe1HTYuYApiVjjuy6STZoCA

The "free chook" offer is only valid at participating Coles locations during the specified time periods. Credit: Facebook.

In response to the misunderstanding on social media, a spokesperson for Coles has clarified, as reported by an online news publication, that the countrywide promotion is still in effect.

Coles customers can still get a voucher for a free hot roast chook from the deli department if none are available between certain hours, as specified on signage near the chooks.

However, the policy is, ultimately, left up to the discretion of the Coles store management in each location.

This means that in some Coles branches, especially those in heavily populated areas, the store may not be able to provide free vouchers because of high demand and the impact of supply chain issues.

So, members, if you find that your local Coles is no longer offering free hot chook vouchers, it's best to speak with management to clear up any confusion!
Another good will thing by Coles spoilt by people wishing to abuse the system, perhaps?