My husband and I got engaged less than three months after meeting. It really was love at first sight, we both knew we wanted to get married as soon as we could, not many couples lived together before marriage back then and we really wanted to be married before we moved in together. My husband proposed with a bunch of flowers, I said yes, then he asked both my mum and my dad if he could marry me, they said yes, then we went ring shopping and picked our ring together. We are celebrating 49 years married in May.

Hi @Ssue13 , @Ricci , @Thecheesequeen , @Suzanne rose , @Bianca , @alliso12 , @Andrew, @Beris , @Vet543 , @NotNats , @MareeZ , @Irene, @Forsyte , @Baz1960 , @Gonnella B , @margie , @nigel5369 , @Shoggle , @Gsr

I just wanted to say that reading all of your responses to this thread has made me feel incredibly warm and fuzzy inside. It's been so inspiring to hear about your experiences and the moments when you knew it was the right time to propose. I can't thank you enough for sharing some tips and words of encouragement. You, folks, truly are the best! 🥰

Also member @Shoggle , Vella is short for Gennyvel. :)

Reactions: Ricci
The evening before we were married my late wife said "By the way when did you propose" I replied "Actually, I did not." Whilst having a romantic time I said "When we get married, and you went along with the idea." My Father-in-law asked me to look after his daughter while they went on vacation. On my parents-in-law return they were told of our engagement my Father-in-law said to me "I asked you to look after her, not take on a lifetime job"

When did you know it was the right time to propose?

Hey members! I hope you're all doing well!

I just want to hop on here again to share something exciting happening in my life. As many of you know, I've been in a loving relationship with my partner, CJ, for quite some time now, and lately, I've been considering taking a big step and popping the question.

To clarify, I'm not feeling pressured by all the engagements around me. :LOL: However, I believe CJ is my soulmate, and I can't imagine spending the rest of my life with anyone else. ☺️

That being said, I'm a bit nervous about timing. When is the right time to propose? I turn to all of you for your wisdom and advice. When did you know it was the right time to pop the question to your significant other? Did you have any doubts or fears, and how did you overcome them? Share your beautiful and heartwarming proposal stories with the community and help me navigate this exciting and nerve-wracking time.

I can't wait to read all your responses about love, relationships, and proposals. :)

View attachment 17274
Credits: Unsplash

I said to the missus if we are together in 12 months we will get engaged 💍 and if we are together in 2 years we will get married and we did and been together ❤ for 32 year's in September was simple

Unlike you Vella, I, have never found' THE ONE'. Yes, I have been married twice but not to' The One who loved me & was not in it for what he could get out of marriage & someone to blame when things went wrong & someone to call stupid when these things happened. The only good thing he did was to bring us to this wonderful country for a better life & yes it has been a good life on the whole, I am still here at 85 which I would never have reached if I had remained in the UK. I know because no one in my family has ever lived as long as me! Good luck with your plans for your surprise Vella I wish you & CJ all the very best.

I was never actually proposed to. Before my then boyfriend asked me he asked my dad's permission. My dad jokingly said my "bride price" was 1/4lb of tea and 2lb sugar. When my boyfriend turned up the following week bearing my bride price we all had a good laugh and it was taken for granted it would happen! :D

Reactions: Gsr and Wandiwa
When did you know it was the right time to propose?

Hey members! I hope you're all doing well!

I just want to hop on here again to share something exciting happening in my life. As many of you know, I've been in a loving relationship with my partner, CJ, for quite some time now, and lately, I've been considering taking a big step and popping the question.

To clarify, I'm not feeling pressured by all the engagements around me. :LOL: However, I believe CJ is my soulmate, and I can't imagine spending the rest of my life with anyone else. ☺️

That being said, I'm a bit nervous about timing. When is the right time to propose? I turn to all of you for your wisdom and advice. When did you know it was the right time to pop the question to your significant other? Did you have any doubts or fears, and how did you overcome them? Share your beautiful and heartwarming proposal stories with the community and help me navigate this exciting and nerve-wracking time.

I can't wait to read all your responses about love, relationships, and proposals. :)

View attachment 17274
Credits: Unsplash

I think you will know if it is the right time but I don't think it is right to suddenly go down on one knee and offer up a ring, I don't think a mere man has any idea what constitutes a nice engagement ring so propose with a curtain ring and if the partner (male or female these days) says "yes" then go and buy the ring that she prefers as long as it is in your budget limits. My wife and I did that 63 years ago and we are now both 85 and as much in love as we were back then. We met in the company bike sheds after work and I pushed her up the first hill on the way home which was out of my way, 6 months later I proposed marriage and she agreed and we were married in a church in Cheshunt in Hertfordshire soon after. Small wedding reception at a pub and then back to a caravan we had purchased to live in for the next three years. All this modern business of spending a small fortune on a wedding is ridiculous in my opinion, much more sense to save up for a house as we did. Now we have 4 children aged 50 to 60 and 9 grandchildren aged 14 to 38.

I had been married before and had 3 children I was on my own for a few years, my sister gave my phone number to a guy who worked with her husband, he phoned me on a Thursday night we went out Friday night and he proposed to me Saturday night we were married 4weeks later we've been married now for 35 years & have 11 grandchildren

I waited till she was preggos ... well we had two children and 20yrs together and she took off to ""to find herself"..So what could I do .... told her to look in a mirror more often..NOPE didn't work ... I thisk she is still lost cause she still hasn't come back ..Maybe she lost the address.
Well, that was 35 yrs ago so I have moved on .. just got sick of waiting.
What a sad story !

We had known each other for 30 odd years but when I mentioned it she wouldn't give an answer so I came up with the idea she picks the date without knowing it. It went like pick a number up to 31 she chose 3 then a number up to 12 she chose 4 so we were married at Whiteman park w.a. at 12.15 pm 3rd of April 1999 all the yesses came out it was a good day all the family's with kids running around picking up lollies that I threw handfull at a time plenty to eat and drink for all no mess was left because there were big bins all around. But jeez I miss her she died from a blood clot at 10.15 pm 16/09/2016 it's a lonely life when your love and best mate pass on .
It sounds like you only had 17 years with the love of your life but I bet the love you shared was enough to last a life time.

A beautiful story thank you for sharing