SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Sethia Soliman

Sethia Soliman

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2022
What's your favourite way to celebrate your parents' or family members' birthdays?

Hello, lovely members! My partner and I (Sethia) planned a surprise party for my mum, who’s turning a year older in two weeks! I don’t remember the last time this superwoman had a day off, so we’ll be going on a beach trip as a family—and yes, you can expect some photos of my cat’s first time at the beach uploaded soon! 😉

imants-kaziluns-Z30Jpgmx2UY-unsplash.jpg
Source: Unsplash

Anyhow, this left me curious... I’d love to read how you used to plan birthdays for your parents. Did you bake them a cake? Get them flowers? Share your story with us in the comments below!

Last edited:
My wonderful daughter turned 40 today I did lunch with her and her children (husband at work) over the last couple of months her 4yo son and I have been working on a suncatcher for her. He also decorated a gift bag He was so excited to give it to her. 20230804_155057.jpg20230804_075509.jpg

My parents died when I was in my teens, and so I always feel blessed when I or my family members reach another birthday. We always ask how the birthday person wants to celebrate, but it always involves a family gathering, either at someone’s home or out somewhere. My husband and two of our children have birthdays in July, and for the last few years we’ve all gone away together for a weekend to celebrate the three. The year we were in lockdown we put it off until September, but still got away together, hiring a house at the beach.