SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Vella Gonzaga

Vella Gonzaga

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2021
What's your favourite thing about autumn?

Hey, hey, hey! How is everyone doing today? As the calendar turns to April, I can't help but feel the excitement of a new season ahead. Autumn is on its way, and there's something special about this time of year that we just can't get enough of. The leaves are changing colours, the air is getting cooler, and pumpkin spice is taking over everything!

But what's your favourite thing about autumn? Is it the cosy feeling of wrapping yourself up in a warm blanket? Or maybe it's the crunch of leaves underfoot as you stroll in the park? I absolutely adore the smell of bonfires and the sound of leaves rustling in the wind.

So, what's your favourite thing about autumn? Join us in the forum thread and share your thoughts. Let's celebrate this season together and everything that makes it so wonderful!

Optimized-autumn (1).jpeg
Credits: Unsplash

• Love
Reactions: Terese
Autumn is such a wonderful relief from the Summer heat, but the best thing about Autumn is that I can turn the soil in my vege garden, add mulch and then plant. It is such a great form of exercise and fulfillment when you see the plants thrive. Even better when you can just pop out and pick what's for dinner straight from the garden. Big plus is the savings you make.

Ever since I nominated for my husband to receive the senior discount emails, for some reason I have been receiving both his and mine. (He is also receiving his) can you please stop his email being sent to my email address?

Ever since I nominated for my husband to receive the senior discount emails, for some reason I have been receiving both his and mine. (He is also receiving his) can you please stop his email being sent to my email address?
I think you need to send them an email instead of posting it here.

Reactions: Ricci
In NZ it seemed to be that Autumn was calm blue sky days and a great time to tour the country.
We did a few trips around the Sth Island March, April, even in to May.
The glorious skies and colurs of Central Otago in particular
In the last few years before I left NZ in the Autumn months the weather seemed to have become more unsettled, with wind and rain.
In Oz not too sure about any such changes, but waht I do like about the cooler months is being able to leave food stuff out on the bench that woiuld otherwise need to be in the fridge.

Autumn is my favourite time of the year, morning and nights are crisp but the days are not so hot, but comfortable to be working in the garden.
I love the leaves turning to their stunning colours, so restful to look at.
Soups galore over the colder months and lots more walking to keep ourselves warm and energized.

Maccarat
Love the change of color of the leaves they look absolutely beautiful and the cooler weather don't like the heat waves we have been having favorite autam

What's your favourite thing about autumn?

Hey, hey, hey! How is everyone doing today? As the calendar turns to April, I can't help but feel the excitement of a new season ahead. Autumn is on its way, and there's something special about this time of year that we just can't get enough of. The leaves are changing colours, the air is getting cooler, and pumpkin spice is taking over everything!

But what's your favourite thing about autumn? Is it the cosy feeling of wrapping yourself up in a warm blanket? Or maybe it's the crunch of leaves underfoot as you stroll in the park? I absolutely adore the smell of bonfires and the sound of leaves rustling in the wind.

So, what's your favourite thing about autumn? Join us in the forum thread and share your thoughts. Let's celebrate this season together and everything that makes it so wonderful!

View attachment 16925
Credits: Unsplash

I hate cooking in the kitchen too , when the weather is hot in Summer, but we are well and truly into Autumn and it is still hot , this is Sunshine Coast Hinterland . I love working in the garden , can only do a bit at the time , still too hot . Love the change of the colours on the leaves , but I have to go to NSW or further down south.

Oh my! I love reading all of your responses. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. :)

Your lovely descriptions of autumn make me want to grab a warm blanket, and a hot cup of cocoa, and enjoy the season even more. :love:

Hi @Tarragal Thanks for reaching out with your concerns. I'll take a look at this and see what I can do to fix it. :) I left you a private message so I can investigate the cause of this issue further.

I love that I can break out the slow cooker and have an endless stream of soups, stews and casseroles. Add some freshly made crusty bread and butter and you have dinners fit for the Gods!! :love:

Reactions: Gsr
I love that I can snuggle under my blanky, cuddle up to hubby, no more fan at night, no tossing and turning in the heat, not sleeping. I also like soups, stews, slow cooker food. The leaves turning and falling off the trees is lovely to watch also.