SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
J

James Gutierrez

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 11, 2021
What's on your reading list lately?

Hello, hello, dear members! As we ease into another weekend, I'm looking forward to a quiet couple of days with a good book. There's a new novel sitting on my bedside table that's been calling my name all week! That said, what's on your reading list lately? Let us know!

compressed-photo-1506880018603-83d5b814b5a6.jpeg
Image source: Unsplash

• Love
Reactions: Athena E.
I love all things forensic written by the likes of James Patterson, Patricia Cornwall, Jeffery Deaver and Kathy Reichs; however now digging into the works of the FBI Profilers (the original team who first set up the FBI Profiling Unit leading to the Mindhunter series) and those now contributing.

The latest book acquisition I have started is "The New Evil - Understanding the emergence of Modern Violent Crime" written by Michael Stone (Professor of Psychiatry at the Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons and host of Discovery Channels series "Most Evil"), and co-author Dr Gary Brucato (Clinical Psychologist in areas of violence, psychosis and other serious psychopathology, and Assitant Director of the Center of Prevention and Evaluation at the New York State Psychaitric Center / Columbia University Medical Center).

Dr Ann Burgess (Forensic Psychiatric Nurse and co-author of Sexual Homicide and the Crime Classification Manual), who joined the FBI Profiling Team in the 60's and largely credited with gaining the valuable funding and support for the FBI Profiling Unit (as featured in the movie "Mindhunter"), provides an afterword to this book.

YouTube hosts the incredible work of these profilers and others, and if you want a spine tingling look into their work profiling the worst serial, spree and mass murderers in history, I recommend watching a few episodes as they discuss cases, their FBI work and then segue into this book. You will be mesmerised by their assessment of various past and current drivers of heinous crimes. A message for our future focus of crimes!

Happy reading folks - I bought mine through E-Bay at a cheaper than release cost and received it 3-days later.

Attachments

• The New Evil Book Cover.jpg
    The New Evil Book Cover.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Littleboy8
love all things forensic written by the likes of James Patterson, Patricia Cornwall, Jeffery Deaver and Kathy Reichs; however now digging into the works of the FBI Profilers (the original team who first set up the FBI Profiling Unit leading to the Mindhunter series) and those now contributing.

The latest book acquisition I have started is "The New Evil - Understanding the emergence of Modern Violent Crime" written by Michael Stone (Professor of Psychiatry at the Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons and host of Discovery Channels series "Most Evil"), and co-author Dr Gary Brucato (Clinical Psychologist in areas of violence, psychosis and other serious psychopathology, and Assitant Director of the Center of Prevention and Evaluation at the New York State Psychaitric Center / Columbia University Medical Center).

Dr Ann Burgess (Forensic Psychiatric Nurse and co-author of Sexual Homicide and the Crime Classification Manual), who joined the FBI Profiling Team in the 60's and largely credited with gaining the valuable funding and support for the FBI Profiling Unit (as featured in the movie "Mindhunter"), provides an afterword to this book.

YouTube hosts the incredible work of these profilers and others, and if you want a spine tingling look into their work profiling the worst serial, spree and mass murderers in history, I recommend watching a few episodes as they discuss cases, their FBI work and then segue into this book. You will be mesmerised by their assessment of various past and current drivers of heinous crimes. A message for our future focus of crimes!

Happy reading folks - I bought mine through E-Bay at a cheaper than release cost and received it 3-days later. Link to YouTube for you to follow the work of these amazing profilers: https://www.youtube.com/c/theinterviewroom