SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Vella Gonzaga

Vella Gonzaga

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2021
What's happening in your life? Share your stories with us!

Hey everyone! :)

I just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing. I've been sharing a lot lately, so let’s switch gears and talk about you! We want to know all about what's happening in your life!

Do you have something exciting happening, a new project or hobby, or maybe you're dealing with a tough situation and could use some support from our community? Whatever it is, we're here to listen.

You never know; your story or experience could be just what someone else needs to hear to feel less alone or inspired to try something new.

Don't be shy! Say hi in the comments below and share your thoughts.

Reactions: Ricci
I came across a new online shop TEMU who have just opened a store in Australia and have a great online store with a huge range of products at amazing prices they opened earlier this week.
They have a app that can be downloaded for Google play store or Apple?.
At present there is a opening sale with free shipping via Australia post it is an amazing opportunity to purchase items that you may not be able to find, tracking number is provided updates on shipping also provided you can choose the options you want.
My order is due for delivery either today or Monday.
I advise you to have a look at this website the range of products available is absolutely amazing

Reactions: Ricki and SussieQ
I came across a new online shop TEMU who have just opened a store in Australia and have a great online store with a huge range of products at amazing prices they opened earlier this week.
At present there is a opening sale with free shipping via Australia post it is an amazing opportunity to purchase items that you may not be able to find, tracking number is provided updates on shipping also provided you can choose the options you want.
I advise you to have a look at this website the range of products available is absolutely amazing
Please let us know when you have received the items how happy you were with the products and delivery time

I'm preparing for two weddings. Two of my daughters decided to get married this year.

The first one is a family extended weekend away in The Hunter Valley early June then only 4 months later the next one which will be early October in Sydney.

So it's trying to lose weight and trying to find dresses. I hate looking for mother of the bride dresses as I either find dresses to old for me or to young.

So if anyone knows any good places for dresses please let me know.

Last edited:
Please let us know when you have received the items how happy you were with the products and delivery time
I will do, the order does not arrive all in one parcel what I ordered was shipped in two separate packages on two separate days.
This probably accoured because they send you a email where you can add extra items to the original order which I did this would be why I am receiving two packages hopefully one will arrive today.
I will advise if it does.

Reactions: Suzanne rose
Yes , I have a new project , not exciting at all and I wish it is going to finish very soon. My dear husband and myself are digging in the backyard ,as there was a suspected leak as water kept pouring out of the soil. We had a guy digging a trench and costs us $4oo.- without a good result . We have biocycle in the backyard and that could have a problem as well . So we start digging for the drain and followed all the way to the back . There was a kink and a split in the drainpipe , which has been repaired recently.
Now, the soil still stayed wet , so everyone thinks there must be a natural spring .
After a lot of thinking what to do , we decided to put a drainpipe with a sock in the trench with gravel and sand . Now we have to close it with the soil already there . That is where we up to now and some of the clay is so hard. We can only do a bit at the time as it is quite heavy physical work .
Can’t wait to have tis finished , so we can create a nice backyard .
I rather work on my crafty projects , which gives me more satisfaction. :(

I will do, the order does not arrive all in one parcel what I ordered was shipped in two separate packages on two separate days.
This probably accoured because they send you a email where you can add extra items to the original order which I did this would be why I am receiving two packages hopefully one will arrive today.
I will advise if it does.

The first package arrived today as they advised me it would, it came wrapped in heavy plastic wrap that impressed me greatly, everything I ordered was included.
What happens is I placed a order the emailed me to advise me that the order was received then I was advised that I could add items if I wanted it by just pressing buy the item which I did (several times) This comes in a separate package which I expect to receive Monday.
The items I received today I am very satisfied with they are no different to what you would purchase on any other website or local store but the price is fantastic to put it mildly
Among the items I purchased was soap holder that have a base and a small tube and a soap holder that sits on a angle so the moisture drains away they are no cheap to purchase I purchase 4 for $1.68 AU.
All prices are in Australian dollars they is about 11 hours remaining of free shipping.
I would advise everyone to have a look at this website asap you will be very impressed as I was I have ordered from them 4 times.
One thing to note any electrical items do not have a Australia plug so you will require adapters which can be ready purchase.
I hope that you all have a look at Temu.

I advise you to have a look at this website the range of products available is absolutely Thankyou I got this promoted thru facebk, looked to see where they were but no reply. So thought it was a scam.

How many of you have found Insurance companies are slow to help when you need them most?. I was in a recent NOT at fault car crash. The other party admitted liability and put in a claim. My car was towed to a repairer, and a hire car was provided. I had to fill out forms, write down what happened and draw a picture. All were faxed to the other party's insurance. My repairer is waiting to hear if or when he can start repairs. Meanwhile we are left in limbo.

I’m dealing with a tough situation with my daughter and grandson. We’re stuck in Sydney while he receives treatment at the Children’s hospital. He is receiving wonderful care but my daughter is really struggling as his carer. There are very limited facilities for Carers on the ward and very rough sleeping arrangements for her. The fold out beds are old and very uncomfortable. My daughter has a disability which affects her muscles and rough sleeping exacerbates her pain. Carers have to source their own meals as the ‘social work’dept isn’t funded to feed the Carers. Over the past 3 weeks I’ve watched mums and dads barely cope. They are doing a marvellous job staying sane. I’ve seen grandparents jump in to help but if Sydney isn’t your home where do stay, how do you live? There just isn’t much help available with the little daily things. If we think the health system isn’t good now, take the Carers away and see what happens. I find it interesting the state governments could fund thousands of dollars for hotel accommodation for travellers to isolate but no help for families trying to cope with devastating medical needs. I’d love to hear your stories of how any of you coped in this situation.

How many of you have found Insurance companies are slow to help when you need them most?. I was in a recent NOT at fault car crash. The other party admitted liability and put in a claim. My car was towed to a repairer, and a hire car was provided. I had to fill out forms, write down what happened and draw a picture. All were faxed to the other party's insurance. My repairer is waiting to hear if or when he can start repairs. Meanwhile we are left in limbo.

I had a similar problem my car was reversed into in a carpark I was driving forward and did not see the other vehicle it reversed into the back door and back panels. When I got out of my car there was 2 men appeared from opposite sides they keeped on saying that it was my fault that I was driving to fast which I was not.
I had just turned into the middle driveway of the car park driving south about the width of 6 to 8 cars when I was reversed into. I had to pay the excess of my policy to have my car repaired because they told a pack of lies about the accident.
Then to top it off they said that it was a different vehicle in the accident it was a old model large vehicle they said that it was a new Mitsubishi Pajero that was already in the car park parked in the front row, as luck happened as they were harassing I walked away towards the shopping centre they followed me up to the wall and this Pajero was parked there and they kept looking at it so I took a photo of the back of it
I ended up sending the insurance company a email stating my disgusting for the way I have been treated by them, I then received a phone call from the insurance so I said you pull up the photos I sent she said I have them on the screen I said you explain to me how that vehicle made that damage to my car and never made a mark on the Pajero It is impossible. She said I will call you back.
About a hour later I received a email stating that they have reversed the decision and my money would be refunded within 3 business days.
.It pays to stick to your gu

Hello friends we are Grey Nomads and have been in WA since before Covid some three years. Hard to believe but WA is such a big place we have seen and done so many wonderful things . We set off this Sunday Traveling east Noosa being our final destination to see our daughter and family. We are going across the Nullarbor for the 5th time and so excited to be Traveling Our journey started 14 years ago and we still love the open road and finding new places and making new friends along the way ♥️