SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Sethia Soliman

Sethia Soliman

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2022
What's a sentimental item that you treasure greatly?

Happy Talk Like A Pirate Day, members! You know we love getting chatty, and in true pirate fashion, I (Sethia) thought it would be fun to have an icebreaker question related to treasure. So, what's a sentimental item that YOU treasure greatly?

Screenshot 2023-09-19 at 7.57.30 AM.png
Source: Unsplash

Because I was raised by my lovely grandparents, the sentimental item I treasure the most is my grandfather's wallet. Unfortunately, he passed away five years ago, and the only thing he left for me was his wallet. And no, it didn't contain any money. He wasn't anywhere near rich, and at the time, I quite honestly didn't want anything else but to have him back! When I opened it, the only item inside it was a photo of me as a baby, and it left me sobbing uncontrollably. He had his own ways of telling me that he loved me dearly, even when he was gone.

How about you? Share your stories with us in the comments below!

Reactions: Peter H Moors
I have dozens upon dozens of old Kodak b/w photos taken by an old box brownie of me and my only brother early childhood years....at home in the backyard playing cricket, down at the beach each year for a two week holiday, school photos and swimming down at the local swim hole in the Yarra river and so many other homely photos with my loving parents and my grandfather who lived with us......childhood years that you can indeed revisit from 70 years ago. Those were the years....we really were lucky back then as kids.

Reactions: Littleboy8
My favourite item that I treasure is the old walking stick that belonged to my paternal grandfather. It is of a black cane, topped with a Sterling silver ferrule and a staghorn handle. It must be bloody old as I am now 79 and my grandfather died back in 1938. I rarely use it these days as i have left it in two shops in the past and had to contact them quickly as there is no contact number or reference to me on the stick and couldn't stand to lose it. I did use it today however and it came safely back home with me after my luncheon with close friends.
Peter H Moors

Reactions: Littleboy8
I suppose my most sentimental posession would have to be my wife. Having recently celebrated our Golden Wedding Anniversary. She would also be one of my oldest posessions. I'm sure the feelings are mutual, 😊
Aw that’s so sweet💖