SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Vella Gonzaga

Vella Gonzaga

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2021
What part of your humble abode is your absolute favourite?

Hey members!

How’s everyone doing? It feels great to be back here for another get-to-know-each-other-session. So, what's been going on in your lives lately?

As for me, I'll be paying a visit to IKEA today! Yes, I'm on a mission to spruce up my humble abode with some much-needed renovations. I'm looking forward to exploring the aisles, getting lost in the showrooms, and seeking inspiration to transform my living space.

Speaking of homes, let me ask you: What part of your humble abode is your absolute favourite? We all have that special corner of our homes that brings us joy and relaxation, and I'm curious to hear about yours. For me, it has to be the bathroom. Oh yes, I'm one of those folks who can spend an hour there, indulging in a bit of self-care, belting out tunes, and simply enjoying the serenity. It's my little oasis of tranquillity.

But enough about me! I want to hear about your favourite spots. Is it a sunlit kitchen where you whip up delicious creations? Maybe it's a comfy living room where you unwind with loved ones or a backyard garden where you find solace among the blooms.

Share your favourite spaces with me in the comments below!

compressed-anastasiia-chepinska-mB__zsotOqY-unsplash.jpeg
Credits: Unsplash

There’s a tiny room in my house which I think would have been used as a small study - the room was empty when we bought the house. One wall is taken up by a built-in bookcase, there are two windows looking onto the side and the back garden, a small desk and a rocking chair. I call it my retreat. I use it to read, write in my journal, listen to music and just contemplate.

Hey members!

How’s everyone doing? It feels great to be back here for another get-to-know-each-other-session. So, what's been going on in your lives lately?

As for me, I'll be paying a visit to IKEA today! Yes, I'm on a mission to spruce up my humble abode with some much-needed renovations. I'm looking forward to exploring the aisles, getting lost in the showrooms, and seeking inspiration to transform my living space.

Speaking of homes, let me ask you: What part of your humble abode is your absolute favourite? We all have that special corner of our homes that brings us joy and relaxation, and I'm curious to hear about yours. For me, it has to be the bathroom. Oh yes, I'm one of those folks who can spend an hour there, indulging in a bit of self-care, belting out tunes, and simply enjoying the serenity. It's my little oasis of tranquillity.

But enough about me! I want to hear about your favourite spots. Is it a sunlit kitchen where you whip up delicious creations? Maybe it's a comfy living room where you unwind with loved ones or a backyard garden where you find solace among the blooms.

View attachment 20167

i feel the kitchen most creative ideally used room domain of any home being where one explores expresses shares developing a need for surviving living sharing enjoying one basic necessity - surviving adjusting expressing creativity/ies to as viable artistically developing. enjoying being beneficial in need/ing/s

When it's hot, unquestionably it's the porch. Sunshine in my face, little birds on the railing and me sitting soaking it up or fussing about making things.
If inside it's my desk. since the flood took my place, I have been pleasantly accommodated in VASTLY reduced living space and so I stay on task mode. Mostly I spend time at my laptop writing myself back into a better living situation. A pool is about twenty feet away, my Neighbours are great, but I am only here on this amazing property temporarily and so I remain task minded and aware of that.

Hey members!

View attachment 20167

My Shed

My favourite room is the butlers pantry. How did I ever live without it! its kitted out so well with lots of shelves for my glassware etc and enough bench space for my appliances plus extra cupboard space. It keeps my kitchen benches clear of clutter and I can just close the door when I’m not using it

My ex-sewing room is now a treasure trove of all my favourite hobbies from over the years we have lived here & they are many! From beading to dressmaking, scrapbooking to card making & mending. it is also the place I keep the costumes I have made & never been able to sell. I seem to only use the room now if I am making cards or mending things. I feel really comfortable amongst all the clutter of my life here. As a dressmaker, I have always dedicated a room for my sewing, a habit that is hard to break.

• Love
Reactions: Shutson
This may not qualify but, my favorite place is my back Yard/Garden. Large lawn, Chicken run along the back fence, Vegie Garden along the Southern fence ( to catch the sunshine all year), Lemon/Lime/Olive/Bay trees dotted around ,sitting in the Sun with my wonderful Wife who has our Maltese Dog on her lap. Almost Paradise!!

Most favourite place in our household would have to be the back decking When it's fine you can't beat it Sun from morning to afternoon/evening.
Sometimes sitting in the sun gets too hot and the other little problem is you can't read your phone screens when we're out and sun enou
There’s a tiny room in my house which I think would have been used as a small study - the room was empty when we bought the house. One wall is taken up by a built-in bookcase, there are two windows looking onto the side and the back garden, a small desk and a rocking chair. I call it my retreat. I use it to read, write in my journal, listen to music and just contemplate.
Probably an old sewing room back in the day

There really isn't a humble place But nor there a pretentious one... back decking has to be the most used area when the weather is fine...The Sun makes nearly all day (early morning 'til late afternoon) a nice place to be and even eat meals
Two things againt this area.... Even sitting in the shade it sometimes gets way too hot and the other is you can't read the screens on your phones!!!😂

Reactions: Shutson
Definitely not IKEA. The last time I was there it took me 4 hours to find my way out and that was even asking. Less hassle to sit in the recliner doing sudoku.

Reactions: Pink lion
My kitchen, I love to cook. Followed in winter by my bedroom, I love to snuggle up in bed under a nice warm blanket and watch a bit of tv or read a book, write a letter.

My front porch or various other nooks on my 100 acres!! With daughter and partner & 2 grandchildren 10 years & 20mths, there is no privacy in the house5D74A81C-BE00-4DE6-9DF2-A4AA1316E291.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Pink lion