SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Vella Gonzaga

Vella Gonzaga

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2021
What is your most cherished wedding memory?

Hey members! :)

How have you all been? I’m here again to share another life update with you, folks.

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of attending yet another wedding. I shed a few tears during the ceremony. Well, more than a few. Apparently, I have a knack for exceeding the socially acceptable limit of tears for a wedding guest. There's just something about witnessing two souls join together, exchanging vows and promising a lifetime of love and happiness. 🥰

Now, I invite you to take a trip down memory lane with me. I want to hear about your most cherished wedding memories! Whether you've attended a wedding that left an indelible mark on your heart or had the joy of experiencing your own magical day, share the moments that made your heart skip a beat, brought tears to your eyes, or simply left you in awe. 💓

I can't wait to read your amazing tales and feel the warmth of your memories fill the forum!

compressed-jeremy-wong-weddings-K41SGnGKxVk-unsplash.jpeg
Credits: Unsplash

I have to say all my kids wedding four so far , 3 girls and one boy.

My tears flowed with my daughters as they were ready to leave the house for the church .
My son it was seeing him standing at the alter waiting for his bride but sadly that one ended in divorce.

I have two more daughters getting married this year . One in 10 days this one will be very memorable as it's a weekend away for the whole family including the extended family

The next one is early October in sydney

It was my greatest privilege and cherished moment as a mother to officiate the marriage of my son to his beautiful wife. There was no greater gift in writing/sharing their love story then declaring them husband and wife. My emotions were under control as they had come out during the writing and preparation period however the guests were the biggest surprise- what a wonderful experience of emotions unfolded as the bride walked over the bridge toward my son who pulled the ugliest crying face of any groom I ever married. It was gold and started a chain reaction. When his composure had somewhat recovered my son glanced at me and whispered ‘ I did that rather well mum’. I went in to deliver an intimate authentic funny ceremony and am forever grateful I had the privilege to do so.

I remember my flower girl running away to her dress up over head to go and play on the swings she didn’t care who saw her nappy it was so beautiful and Funny as well loved this moment.

We took a lovely video right from the moment I first walked into the church with my best man right up to the point where, with my beautiful bride, we walked up the aisle hand in hand.
I still have that video and, since our divorce, enjoy playing it backwards.

Probably not quite what you are looking for. But, at my wedding a well meaning friend wrote"just married!" on our car's paint work. Unfortunately, she did it with the metal lipstick tube too close and scratched the message permanently into the car's paint!

My daughter married a Turkish man. Thei tradition is to fill the reception room then ' drum in' the bride and groom. The professional drummers were amazing and the entrance was spectacular. I will never forget it.

Reactions: Ricci
What is your most cherished wedding memory?

Hey members! :)

How have you all been? I’m here again to share another life update with you, folks.

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of attending yet another wedding. I shed a few tears during the ceremony. Well, more than a few. Apparently, I have a knack for exceeding the socially acceptable limit of tears for a wedding guest. There's just something about witnessing two souls join together, exchanging vows and promising a lifetime of love and happiness. 🥰

Now, I invite you to take a trip down memory lane with me. I want to hear about your most cherished wedding memories! Whether you've attended a wedding that left an indelible mark on your heart or had the joy of experiencing your own magical day, share the moments that made your heart skip a beat, brought tears to your eyes, or simply left you in awe. 💓

I can't wait to read your amazing tales and feel the warmth of your memories fill the forum!

View attachment 20353
Credits: Unsplash

Our own wedding at St. Mary's church in Cheshunt Herts. UK took place on August 27th 63 years ago and it was traditional stuff having read the Banns etc. at my own church St. Saviors in Walthamstow London E17

Attachments

• image0-11.jpg
    image0-11.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 0
  • image21.jpg
    image21.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 0
My Wedding. In fact all of my wedding is the most cherished. My husband passed away 20 months ago at the young age of 58. My favourite was as we were leaving. John turned to me and said, “that was the best wedding ever, can we do it again next weekend.” And his favourite one was when we were cutting the cake and I said, “but I don’t wanna cut the cake.” John said I had the cutest little girl face on.

Attachments

• 2C2EFD6F-98DE-4336-8C58-7E4E067F308C.jpeg
    2C2EFD6F-98DE-4336-8C58-7E4E067F308C.jpeg
    293.7 KB · Views: 0
The best wedding I was ever involved with was my Brother's. She wanted to elope, he wanted the traditional share the occasion with family and friends. So we did BOTH. They married at dawn in front of a boating marina, with basic bridal party and celebrant, also 1 guitarist, 1 video photographer, 1 hairdresser and chauffer. This was followed by breakfast at McDonalds, including bridal waltz to piped in music. Later that day family and friends gathered at local Hotel to witness (what they thought was the ceremony), in fact they watched the video of the dawn ceremony. To add to this deception the Celebrant even attended the reception and we staged the whole getting married scene. Until my brother said "I can't do this again, (oh by the way both had been been married before) so his announcement bought gasps from those present. He then said, "We already did this, at dawn so could you all please watch the screen." It was so much fun and so memorable.

August 28 1965 the day I got married to the love of my life happiness that lasted until Australia Day 2002 when my wife passed away and still does in a different way through my memories

Just marrying my husband was my precious moment then we were married for 54 years and 8 months before he passed away and left me all alone

Hi all, I married my gorgeous wife on the 7th of April 1984 in Centennial Park in Sydney. The weather was absolutely beautiful and I can still remember every minute of that day. The best day of my life!💕😘

The morning of my wedding, my husband to be sent me 100 long stem red roses with the following note on the card
“I cannot wait to marry you, you are the love of my life, see you at the alter 4.30 pm today, this is the first day of the rest of our lives”
P.S Hope your beloved Collingwood win football today!!

It was my greatest privilege and cherished moment as a mother to officiate the marriage of my son to his beautiful wife. There was no greater gift in writing/sharing their love story then declaring them husband and wife. My emotions were under control as they had come out during the writing and preparation period however the guests were the biggest surprise- what a wonderful experience of emotions unfolded as the bride walked over the bridge toward my son who pulled the ugliest crying face of any groom I ever married. It was gold and started a chain reaction. When his composure had somewhat recovered my son glanced at me and whispered ‘ I did that rather well mum’. I went in to deliver an intimate authentic funny ceremony and am forever grateful I had the privilege to do.

My most cherished memory is of my eldest son walking me down the aisle for my second marriage. It is special because he is no longer with us. I am so glad I had him to do it, little did I know he would not always be around. Love you Pat!

Although I loved seeing my son get married the best wedding I have been to was his daughters' (my grand daughter). To see her dad walk her down the aisle brought tears to my eyes and a lump in my throat. My grandson (her brother) was the ring bearer. To have my family together like that was so beautiful. Last month she made me a great grandmother with the birth of her daughter. Such beautiful memories.

DIVORCE COURT

The bailiff came up to us in the waiting room and very professionally called out ORDERS!

I raised my hand and said I'll have a can of rum and coke please mate.

I then turned and asked what you like Ann? and my ex said, "I'll have a scotch and soda please" And a big bag of chips to go with those too please I added.

He sternly said this is a very serious matter, to which I replied with a big grin, not for us :)

He laughed.

• Haha
Reactions: Glenda48