I’ve always wanted to play the piano and at 90 am taking Keyboard lessons with U3A, and am surprising myself how quickly I am picking it up I’ve always had good tone as I did sing at one stage in my early years but I love practicing and achieving something I wanted to do all my life.

• Love
Reactions: Jarred Santos
What is something that you’ve always wanted to do but thought you were too old for?

Hey members!

I hope you're all doing well and having a fantastic week. I just wanted to give a quick life update and share my experience over the weekend.

Last Saturday, I did something I’ve wanted to do for ages but always thought I was too old for it. I went to an aquarium! That's right, I put on my adventurous hat and decided to check out the amazing world that exists underwater. And let me tell you; it was an absolute blast! I brought along my nephews to share the experience with me, and I was glad I did. We saw some fascinating marine life, including some adorable penguins, and watched an incredible show featuring talented sea lions and other animals.

Who says we have to grow up and stop having fun? Sometimes, we need to let our inner child come out to play.

So, with that in mind, I have another fun question for you all: What is something that you’ve always wanted to do but thought you were too old for? Maybe it’s something you used to love doing or a new hobby or interest that you think you’re too old to start.

Share your thoughts, in the comments below and let’s inspire each other to step out of our comfort zones and try something new!

View attachment 18920
Credits: Unsplash

Ride a camel through the desert!!

• Wow
Fortunate enough to have done many things i wanted to do in my life, but would love to go into space, and spend some time in a submarine.

• Wow
I’ve always wanted to play the piano and at 90 am taking Keyboard lessons with U3A, and am surprising myself how quickly I am picking it up I’ve always had good tone as I did sing at one stage in my early years but I love practicing and achieving something I wanted to do all my life.
I love playing the piano which I took up after a gap of 60 years. I had a good teacher which makes all the difference.

• Love
I always wanted a tattoo but felt it wasn't appropriate as I was a Registered Nurse and managed a nursing home and I felt it would put off new residents or their families. So I did eventually got one for my 70th birthday when I retired and now have 4. I have also wanted to parachute from a plane and still haven't given up on the idea. Maybe that will be for my 80th

• Love
I always wanted a tattoo but felt it wasn't appropriate as I was a Registered Nurse and managed a nursing home and I felt it would put off new residents or their families. So I did eventually got one for my 70th birthday when I retired and now have 4. I have also wanted to parachute from a plane and still haven't given up on the idea. Maybe that will be for my 80th
Wow @SandraD22, can you tell us what their designs are and why you chose them?

I was always envious of my wife having completed her university degree. So at the age of 54 I went back to university, and at the age of 57 I graduated as a Registered Nurse. I now am working as a vascular nurse in a major hospital in Adelaide.
Congratulations and well done, @Mpick!

I swam with the whale sharks at Ningaloo Reef on my 81st birthday. A wonderful experience!
As someone terrified of swimming in the open ocean, I'm jealous :LOL:
I love playing the piano which I took up after a gap of 60 years. I had a good teacher which makes all the difference.
What are the odds, @Maryhog and @Nola Fletcher! Did the two of you have exposure to music/musicians as children?

When I was a child I wanted to play the piano, I never mentioned it to Mum as we could not afford a piano. At the age of 68 I started learning on a Keyboard. Then I inherited a piano I am now 85 and my hands have a lot of arthritis in them so I don't play anymore. I also wanted to ride in a helicopter and I did that when I was about 75. Anyway.It's all memories now.

What is something that you’ve always wanted to do but thought you were too old for?

Hey members!

I hope you're all doing well and having a fantastic week. I just wanted to give a quick life update and share my experience over the weekend.

Last Saturday, I did something I’ve wanted to do for ages but always thought I was too old for it. I went to an aquarium! That's right, I put on my adventurous hat and decided to check out the amazing world that exists underwater. And let me tell you; it was an absolute blast! I brought along my nephews to share the experience with me, and I was glad I did. We saw some fascinating marine life, including some adorable penguins, and watched an incredible show featuring talented sea lions and other animals.

Who says we have to grow up and stop having fun? Sometimes, we need to let our inner child come out to play.

So, with that in mind, I have another fun question for you all: What is something that you’ve always wanted to do but thought you were too old for? Maybe it’s something you used to love doing or a new hobby or interest that you think you’re too old to start.

Share your thoughts, in the comments below and let’s inspire each other to step out of our comfort zones and try something new!

View attachment 18920
Credits: Unsplash

I abseiled down Kangaroo Point cliffs at 61 years of age. I have always had a fear of heights. I had an asthma attack on the way down, no too bad BUT I did it. <3

I abseiled down Kangaroo Point cliffs at 61 years of age. I have always had a fear of heights. I had an asthma attack on the way down, no too bad BUT I did it. <3
Yes, you did! Good on you, Rosie! 💪
When I was a child I wanted to play the piano, I never mentioned it to Mum as we could not afford a piano. At the age of 68 I started learning on a Keyboard. Then I inherited a piano I am now 85 and my hands have a lot of arthritis in them so I don't play anymore. I also wanted to ride in a helicopter and I did that when I was about 75. Anyway.It's all memories now.
At least, like Rosie and so many others, you get to cross one 'What if...' off your list, hey? :D

Last year I went diving with a crocodile in Darwin. It came very close and was not scared of me at all!
And speaking of 'What if...', this is one I'd prefer undone! How brave of you @Viellarde 😱 Was this in Crocosaurus Cove?

To old to be sent to my room.. but I still ride my trail bike. I'm 63 years young.