SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Vella Gonzaga

Vella Gonzaga

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2021
What is something that you’ve always wanted to do but thought you were too old for?

Hey members!

I hope you're all doing well and having a fantastic week. I just wanted to give a quick life update and share my experience over the weekend.

Last Saturday, I did something I’ve wanted to do for ages but always thought I was too old for it. I went to an aquarium! That's right, I put on my adventurous hat and decided to check out the amazing world that exists underwater. And let me tell you; it was an absolute blast! I brought along my nephews to share the experience with me, and I was glad I did. We saw some fascinating marine life, including some adorable penguins, and watched an incredible show featuring talented sea lions and other animals.

Who says we have to grow up and stop having fun? Sometimes, we need to let our inner child come out to play.

So, with that in mind, I have another fun question for you all: What is something that you’ve always wanted to do but thought you were too old for? Maybe it’s something you used to love doing or a new hobby or interest that you think you’re too old to start.

Share your thoughts, in the comments below and let’s inspire each other to step out of our comfort zones and try something new!

compressed-aquarium.jpeg
Credits: Unsplash

I’ve had a bucket list since long before the term was coined. It’s headed “50 things I want to do before I die”, and when I score one thing off I add another in its place. It means I’ll never get to finish it, but I’ll have fun doing it! One of the things I scored off a few years ago was to fly a light plane, when my husband bought me a flying lesson for my birthday.

To me getting married was adventurous but I achieved that nearly 42 years ago although the minister had to request a chair for me to sit on as I wasn't looking too good. Over the years I have done quite a few different things including having three children. My last adventure I thought I was way too old to do was an expedition trip to Antarctica. Wearing all the gear and getting in and out of those rubber duckies, waddling along the snow and ice tracks to look at penguins and penguins and more penguins. No way was I brave enough to do the canoeing or the polar plunge. I enjoyed watching others doing it! The bucket list (my hubbies) id getting smaller and smaller and I am enjoying going along for the ride.

I’ve had a bucket list since long before the term was coined. It’s headed “50 things I want to do before I die”, and when I score one thing off I add another in its place. It means I’ll never get to finish it, but I’ll have fun doing it! One of the things I scored off a few years ago was to fly a light plane, when my husband bought me a flying lesson for my birthday.
😯

Always had horses when I was young.
How I would love to saddle up, along with my brother, and take a long ride again, back over the old places we used to go. Lunch in the saddle bag and off we'd go for hours
Only one problem, with crook knees from arthritis I wouldn't even be able to get up on the horse and unfortunately all the beautiful places we used to go are now all dreary housing estates.
Still it's nice to dream 🦄🐴

I would love to have a Hot Air Balloon ride. I could feel the chill in the air, watch the sun rise and float away

Reactions: Thecla
Canoe up a "Lazy" river in warm sunshine with my Beautiful Wife, a tasty Picnic Basket, a bottle of good Wine and a few favorite C/Ds . Ahh Paradise!!!!!

Reactions: Thecla
I was always envious of my wife having completed her university degree. So at the age of 54 I went back to university, and at the age of 57 I graduated as a Registered Nurse. I now am working as a vascular nurse in a major hospital in Adelaide.