I hope you never need this but so many people these days do. Adult kids leave home and don't care about their parents. I have 3 kids, 5 grandkids, one I've never met, and 2 great-grandkids. My own children, now 61, 56 and 55. I worked my butt off and had no part in the decisions of my kids. I haven't seen any of them for well over 17 years. So many of today's kids walk away without a thought. Please kids think of what you are doing. I'd love to see them walk in the door especially my beloved eldest grand son. I still live in the same town within 2ks of where I used to be. As a JP I'm not hard to find.
I feel for you. I too have a family member who is not in my life. I also have 2 Grandkids in NZ who do not bother with me. One has to keep telling themselves, they are the losers, and they are. we all have a + to bear.

Reactions: Iggydi
I feel for you. I too have a family member who is not in my life. I also have 2 Grandkids in NZ who do not bother with me. One has to keep telling themselves, they are the losers, and they are. we all have a + to bear.
Bless you friend. My heart goes out to you :love:

I guess it really depends on what your nannas interests are. Is she a young minded nanna? Is she fit and healthy? Or is she a quiet lady. I myself am only a year younger than her and my family know I love going to concerts (Pink is coming up soon) so they have quite often clubbed together and bought me tickets. But I also love family photos so I’m more than happy with personal gifts. For me, anything they give me I treasure.

For me, I would like a coin set. Your Nan would have been born in 1956. On Ebay, just type in 1956 coin set. They start from $40. Usually 6 coins to a set. If your Nan is American, you would type in 1956 USA coin set. Know what she enjoys and see where that takes you.

If your Nan likes Live shows, why not take her to a live show, Dinner, and perhaps if its over the weekend,/or your days off, you could book into accommodation somewhere close to the Theatre, and spend a couple of days together. Window shopping, coffee/cake, a couple of glasses of wine etc.

Give your Nan the gift of you spending time with her, ask her for her favourite recipes, her favourite time in her life, ask about her friends. Give her your attention and take photos, laugh, talk about times when you were both younger. Just be in the moment. Everyone is so busy these days I know, so enjoying her company is a gift in itself. I will be the same age as your nan this year and that's what I would like from my grandkids.

Reactions: SiggyC
I hope you never need this but so many people these days do. Adult kids leave home and don't care about their parents. I have 3 kids, 5 grandkids, one I've never met, and 2 great-grandkids. My own children, now 61, 56 and 55. I worked my butt off and had no part in the decisions of my kids. I haven't seen any of them for well over 17 years. So many of today's kids walk away without a thought. Please kids think of what you are doing. I'd love to see them walk in the door especially my beloved eldest grand son. I still live in the same town within 2ks of where I used to be. As a JP I'm not hard to find.
I feel for you. 2 of my grandkids live in the same suburb as we do and we haven't seen them for over a year and a half. If we don't make the effort they don't talk to us. This year I didn't give them any Christmas presents as I don't know them any more

That's so sad. I really hope they contact you.

A freind of mine was telling that didn't know what to get for her neice? in the conversation she mentioned that she collected Eeyoh donkey's?. I jokingly mentioned that i' bet she woud't have a bronzed donkey turd.

Member @Tiamirck would like to make a suggestion, too:

You asked what l, a senior, would like for my birthday. Well, in a long life l’ve accumulated plenty of stuff, so things no longer excite me - things you put on the mantle piece, or you use in the bath, or daub on your face, or use for or in cooking. What would really excite me is to spend quality time with the people l love. A walk in the park, an hour or so in the art gallery, a movie, dinner out or even a cup of coffee in a cafe. It’s time spent together that is the real and most valuable present. That is all! 🌻

• Love
Reactions: SiggyC and gamiry
Here's another one from member @blondie17 :

I think to get your grandma a gift look up what birthday stone she is and get her a ring or a bracelet with that stone in it. For instance I'm December and my stone is turquoise.

So thoughtful that you want to make your very special grandmother to have a GR8 HBD! Why not a High Tea at The Windsor - or at a local suitable venue - WITH A FRAMED PHOTO of you both to remember this special day!
High tea at Ripponlea is even better! Absolutely fabulous in beautiful surroundings and you can do a tour of the mansion and gardens afterwards. Makes a great day out.