What did this 'lazy' driver allegedly do that has everybody talking? Find out here!

It can be a real hassle to go grocery shopping these days–especially when the aisles are busy and queues are extra long. Which is why some have turned to online shopping.

With so many great apps and delivery services available these days, you can now stay at home and have all your items delivered to your door with very little effort. You can even get your groceries within a certain time frame if you need something fast.

However, because you aren’t doing the grocery shopping yourself, it’s hard to guarantee that your order will always be handled with care.

One Woolworths customer recently experienced something with her order that left her very disappointed.

It all started when a passer-by confronted a delivery driver with a camera. In videos circulating online, the delivery driver can be seen allegedly trying to dump the items on the side of the road.

photo (2).jpg
A Woolworths customer was surprised to know what had happened to their online shopping order. Image source: Flickr (right), Drazen Zigic (left).

'Mate, I’m watching you drop that rubbish there, what is it? Shouldn’t it be going to a customer?' he said.

'There’s not even a house here, what are you doing?'

The delivery driver was seen putting the items back quickly into the car, apologising, and then driving off.

The video was then posted on social media with a caption asking if anyone did not get their order.

One mum, who allegedly owns the groceries had replied to the social media post and said she had ‘no words’ for the driver. She had ordered $100 worth of groceries, including food for packed lunches and dinner, and opted for a one-hour delivery service option from a partner rideshare company at an extra charge of $15.

'This is my shopping. Thank you for stopping as it was delivered straight after this,' she commented.

The shopper also shared the driver sped up so fast upon arrival and then reversed recklessly into a bush in her 30-acre property.

It turns out that the driver had initially missed his destination, which led him to his puzzling act.

‘Where he was dumping the groceries was directly in front of my house. He had obviously driven past my driveway—about 50 metres—and was too lazy to turn back so decided to dump them,’ the mum said.

‘(That was) until he was confronted by the passer-by then he loaded groceries back into the car and delivered them to me.’

The mum also noted that despite paying the extra $15 for a one-hour service, the order did not arrive on time, with the delivery driver arriving past 5.30 pm.

The incident was brought to the attention of Woolworths, who released a statement in response, saying they were very concerned.

‘[We] have taken immediate action to follow up with our delivery partner,’ said a Woolworths spokesperson.

Process for Reporting Issues with Online Grocery Deliveries

If you've experienced a similar fate or have any issues with online grocery deliveries, remember that you are certainly not powerless. Most major supermarkets, including Woolworths, have structured processes in place to handle these situations. Reporting your issue promptly is key!

First, you need to get in touch with the customer service department. This can be done through various channels–initiate a live chat, send an email to their dedicated support email or dial through their customer service hotline. The contact details are typically available on your order confirmation email or through their official website.

Be ready with your order details including order number, items in the order, delivery time and date. This will help them pinpoint exactly who was in charge of your delivery and what might have gone wrong. Describe the issue you had, making sure to include as many details as possible. These specifics will help them investigate the situation thoroughly.

Don’t delete emails or messages from the delivery service during this time, as these may be required for cross-checking. If you’ve taken any photos or videos showing the issue, make sure to include those in your report.

Woolworths’ return policy also allows you to report any issue with fresh food and other grocery items. However, we recommend reporting it as soon as possible. The sooner you report the problem, the faster it can be addressed.
Key Takeaways
  • A delivery driver has been videoed allegedly attempting to dump a Woolworths customer's groceries on the side of the road.
  • The customer, whose order included $100 of groceries for school lunches and dinner, claimed that the driver was too lazy to reverse 50 metres back to her driveway.
  • The driver, who was reportedly from a partner rideshare company, was confronted by a local resident and subsequently delivered the groceries to the customer.
  • Woolworths has said it takes the matter seriously and will follow up with the delivery partner involved.
Have you ever tried online grocery shopping? Has this ever happened to you? Share your experience with us in the comments below!

Reactions: Liz and Littleboy8
Sponsored
It can be a real hassle to go grocery shopping these days–especially when the aisles are busy and queues are extra long. Which is why some have turned to online shopping.

With so many great apps and delivery services available these days, you can now stay at home and have all your items delivered to your door with very little effort. You can even get your groceries within a certain time frame if you need something fast.

However, because you aren’t doing the grocery shopping yourself, it’s hard to guarantee that your order will always be handled with care.

One Woolworths customer recently experienced something with her order that left her very disappointed.

It all started when a passer-by confronted a delivery driver with a camera. In videos circulating online, the delivery driver can be seen allegedly trying to dump the items on the side of the road.

View attachment 28639
A Woolworths customer was surprised to know what had happened to their online shopping order. Image source: Flickr (right), Drazen Zigic (left).

'Mate, I’m watching you drop that rubbish there, what is it? Shouldn’t it be going to a customer?' he said.

The delivery driver was seen putting the items back quickly into the car, apologising, and then driving off.

The video was then posted on social media with a caption asking if anyone did not get their order.

One mum, who allegedly owns the groceries had replied to the social media post and said she had ‘no words’ for the driver. She had ordered $100 worth of groceries, including food for packed lunches and dinner, and opted for a one-hour delivery service option from a partner rideshare company at an extra charge of $15.

'This is my shopping. Thank you for stopping as it was delivered straight after this,' she commented.

The shopper also shared the driver sped up so fast upon arrival and then reversed recklessly into a bush in her 30-acre property.

It turns out that the driver had initially missed his destination, which led him to his puzzling act.

‘Where he was dumping the groceries was directly in front of my house. He had obviously driven past my driveway—about 50 metres—and was too lazy to turn back so decided to dump them,’ the mum said.

‘(That was) until he was confronted by the passer-by then he loaded groceries back into the car and delivered them to me.’

The mum also noted that despite paying the extra $15 for a one-hour service, the order did not arrive on time, with the delivery driver arriving past 5.30 pm.

The incident was brought to the attention of Woolworths, who released a statement in response, saying they were very concerned.

‘[We] have taken immediate action to follow up with our delivery partner,’ said a Woolworths spokesperson.

If you've experienced a similar fate or have any issues with online grocery deliveries, remember that you are certainly not powerless. Most major supermarkets, including Woolworths, have structured processes in place to handle these situations. Reporting your issue promptly is key!

First, you need to get in touch with the customer service department. This can be done through various channels–initiate a live chat, send an email to their dedicated support email or dial through their customer service hotline. The contact details are typically available on your order confirmation email or through their official website.

Be ready with your order details including order number, items in the order, delivery time and date. This will help them pinpoint exactly who was in charge of your delivery and what might have gone wrong. Describe the issue you had, making sure to include as many details as possible. These specifics will help them investigate the situation thoroughly.

Don’t delete emails or messages from the delivery service during this time, as these may be required for cross-checking. If you’ve taken any photos or videos showing the issue, make sure to include those in your report.

Woolworths’ return policy also allows you to report any issue with fresh food and other grocery items. However, we recommend reporting it as soon as possible. The sooner you report the problem, the faster it can be addressed.
Key Takeaways

• A delivery driver has been videoed allegedly attempting to dump a Woolworths customer's groceries on the side of the road.
  • The customer, whose order included $100 of groceries for school lunches and dinner, claimed that the driver was too lazy to reverse 50 metres back to her driveway.
  • The driver, who was reportedly from a partner rideshare company, was confronted by a local resident and subsequently delivered the groceries to the customer.
  • Woolworths has said it takes the matter seriously and will follow up with the delivery partner involved.
Have you ever tried online grocery shopping? Has this ever happened to you? Share your experience with us in the comments below!
The drivers are amazing … perhaps they, along with suppliers and customers, are also being price “impacted” by Woolworths greed.

• Haha
Reactions: Trudi

View attachment 28639

Key Takeaways

What is it with delivery drivers dropping items, including order in food at the front door, but not bothering to press the doorbell? I WFH not 20 meters from my front door and will see an email come in to say my food has been delivered, and sure enough it's at the front door. Can anyone explain the aversion to drivers ringing the door bell?

Not a lazy driver, just doing his job as a ride share driver to the letter. They are not delivery people, they are only required to pick up and drop off in front of an address. It’s actually up to Woolworths to hire the appropriate contractors to make food deliveries to the front door.

I hope this clears the confusion and misunderstanding of the incident.

Not a lazy driver, just doing his job as a ride share driver to the letter. They are not delivery people, they are only required to pick up and drop off in front of an address. It’s actually up to Woolworths to hire the appropriate contractors to make food deliveries to the front door.

I hope this clears the confusion and misunderstanding of the incident.
Absolute codswallop. I have utilised the Deliver Now service (using a rideshare driver) and the instructions are CLEARLY written to deliver to the front door. The wording is usually "meet at door". So no, the driver was NOT following instructions to the letter at all. Their contract with the major supermarkets states it is a DELIVERY service.

Unfortunately the delivery partner, which I have used quite frequently, is Uber where I live. I have to stand in the driveway so he knows to come down it. I have had deliveries just left but contacted the store and reported the driver. I give comprehenisve delivery instructions but still mistakes can occur. I much rather use Woolworths own drivers but if you are in a hurry the partner delivery service is handy.

Reactions: Littleboy8
Coles are not much better. Rude bully delivery man,I had to change my delivery day to avoid him,coles has no concern for safety of customers.he still has his job

I find that very hard to believe, the delivery person has accepted the delivery and they are either required to physically hand over the goods or take a photo of where they left at the address so that the photo can be identified as the correct address. If not, the cost is deducted from their payment and subsequently blocked from being able to collect from that store again.
What is it with delivery drivers dropping items, including order in food at the front door, but not bothering to press the doorbell? I WFH not 20 meters from my front door and will see an email come in to say my food has been delivered, and sure enough it's at the front door. Can anyone explain the aversion to drivers ringing the door bell?
the delivery app tells you it's been delivered. Covid gave many businesses the opportunity not to engage physically with the customers and it just continues post covid restrictions.

Unfortunately the delivery partner, which I have used quite frequently, is Uber where I live. I have to stand in the driveway so he knows to come down it. I have had deliveries just left but contacted the store and reported the driver. I give comprehenisve delivery instructions but still mistakes can occur. I much rather use Woolworths own drivers but if you are in a hurry the partner delivery service is handy.
I get woollies delivered by Uber they always put on doorstep and take a photo of groceries for proof of delivery never had a problem😁