What can you expect from the Seniors Discount Club in 2024?

I absolutely love sitting down and writing this article every year! Since 2021, I’ve given you a summary of what we plan to deliver you, a member of the Seniors Discount Club, in the coming year and 2024 is no exception!

I remember sitting down and writing this exact article for 2023 and going back and reading that article is a bit of a ‘pinch me’ moment. We managed to deliver pretty much everything we promised and I have no doubt our incredible team will achieve this again in 2024! It’s going to be a big year for us, so I hope you enjoy the ride.

Of course, I think this goes without saying, but each and every one of you makes the Seniors Discount Club a reality. We couldn’t do any of this if it wasn’t for your support. So, I just want to take a moment to thank you. You opening up our newsletters every day, reading our articles, playing our games, and spending time on our forum ensures that we can keep making the Seniors Discount Club a place where all Australians over the age of sixty can come and enjoy. I also just want to take a moment to thank all of our SDC Rewards members who have signed up over the past few months. It is their financial support that has helped us take this community to a whole new level. We couldn’t be more grateful for each and everyone of you!

2024.jpg
The Seniors Discount Club has a big 2024 planned! Image source: Shutterstock.

Now, that’s enough rambling from me! In 2024, we have a lot of exciting updates for you all…

Our 2024 version of the ‘Ultimate Seniors Discount Club Guide’ eBook:
  • More deals and discounts Australia-wide. This includes a range of restaurants, cafes and stores who have emailed us to provide exclusive discounts to our members!
  • Updated deals, discounts and locations. Sadly, times are tough. That means a fair few discounts in our eBook have become redundant. We have done our absolute best to go through this eBook with a fine tooth comb to make sure there are no discounts or deals for stores that no longer exist. Although, please note that if you do come across a restaurant, cafe or shop that no longer exists but it is still in our eBook, it means at the time of publishing (December 2023) the store was still open or the closing down wasn’t public knowledge on the internet, social media, or state government discount websites.
  • More deals and discounts for rural and regional areas. We have done our best to ensure we are covering even more regional and rural areas than ever before! If you are in a regional or rural area and are desperately trying to find seniors discounts around you, you can always use our Discount Directory here. It’s an easy way to find the closest discounts to where you live!
  • Online AND eBook deals and discounts. Don’t like working with a PDF version of our eBook? No worries. Our Discount Directory is bigger and better than ever before. Simply type in what you’re looking for along with your postcode and press the ‘Search’ button!

Our daily newsletters:
  • A brand new newsletter template. Our brand new template should make reading and engaging with our newsletter easier and better. We launched our brand new newsletter template in the middle of December 2023 and we got so much incredibly positive feedback from you all! But, we know there is still a bit of work to do. So we will be fixing the little bits and pieces that haven’t been operating properly in the new template so you can enjoy it the way you’re supposed to!
  • New newsletter segments. That’s right! Our new newsletter template doesn’t just look ‘pretty’, it will be featuring a bunch of brand new segments. I won’t tell you all of the new segments that are coming, but I will announce two as a ‘sneak peak’! The first is our ‘Cranky Codger’ articles will now get its own weekly segment in the newsletter. If you haven’t read our Cranky Codger before it is a satire piece written by a ‘Cranky Codger’ who misses how the world used to be! The other is ‘Agony Aunt’ where our very own members can submit their issues, scenarios, or questions that our very own ‘Agony Aunt’ will provide advice on…
  • New games. We know you love your games, and we do too! So, we will be introducing even more games in 2024 and not just on our forum and in our newsletter, we will also be launching a range of SDC game apps for you to enjoy anywhere, any time on your phone or laptop.
  • More content generated by you. One of our highlights of 2023 was starting to publish more member generated content. We LOVE the articles that you write, whether it’s a product review, an opinion piece, or something in between, we cannot wait to bring you even more content generated by fellow members of the SDC. If you’re interested in contributing to the SDC as a writer, do not hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected]. We’d love to hear from you.
  • More discounts and deals. Yes, don’t worry we haven’t forgotten that we are the Seniors ‘Discount’ Club after all! We are incredibly blessed to be growing every year as a community which means more retailers are getting in touch to offer our members discounts and deals at their stores. We want to offer you more discounts that are bigger and better than ever in 2024 and we will continue to do this in our daily newsletters. However, we are also planning on launching a few additional ways of getting your hands on more deals…

Our forum and app:
  • A brand-new homepage. If you haven’t noticed, back in mid-December we launched a brand new homepage on our forum here. Our goal was to make our forum a bit easier to navigate for you all. The new homepage features the ‘biggest’ stories of the day, along with the ‘trending’ thread in each forum. The more you scroll down on the homepage, the more you will see is happening in every forum, so be sure to check it out because there is always so much happening on our forum and we do not want you missing out!
  • More forums. We have recently launched a few new forums for you to enjoy. These include our From The Experts, Our Gardener’s Corner and Our Craft Corner. Our goal with these forums was to expand on the type of content we produce. We started getting experts to write content for you, a lot of our own members started posting gardening and craft tips as well in these forums. In 2024, we want to continue to bring you the content you want to read and engage with, so rest assured, this year we will continue to expand our forum and make sure you’re always reading content that is relevant to you.
  • More apps. There are quite a few apps that we will be launching in 2024 and I don’t want to ruin the surprise, so I’ll let you in on just two apps for now. The first is our most-loved game, OzWord, is getting its own app so you can play it on your phone or tablet anywhere, anytime! The second is our Discount Directory is getting its very own app too! That means, whenever you’re out and about and want to see the Seniors Discounts closest to you, all you have to do is open your app, and see where the discounts are!
  • New eBooks. We didn’t make many eBooks in 2023 because we were busy doing other things, but in 2024 we plan to launch quite a few more! These will be sent to you as gifts, to enjoy as you please. Unfortunately, we still do not have the means to print these as official paperback books, but who knows what this year will bring… We will continue to work on that one!

SDC Rewards:
  • More prizes. We are doing everything we can in our power to reward our SDC Rewards members more than ever in 2024. This will not only include more vouchers but hopefully some other types of prizes too!
  • New games. Yes! There will be new games for all of our members, but our SDC Rewards members will get even more new games both in the SDC Rewards forum and also as apps! And of course, everything will be ad-free.
  • More discounts. We want our SDC Rewards members to get access to even more discounts. We are reaching out to multiple retailers and are trying to create a program which means you get rewarded for being a SDC Rewards member with us and for shopping with your partners! So stay tuned for this one.
  • Early access to all our new content. As SDC Rewards members, you’ll get access to all of our new content first, before anyone else. That includes everything from our apps, to our articles, and even our eBooks!
Other than all of these plans, we aren’t too sure what the future holds for the SDC, but what we do know is we will continue to deliver you exactly what you want day in and day out, because without you and your support, we wouldn’t be where we are today.

Thank you again for everything and I hope 2024 is a wonderful year for you and all of the people you love!

Sponsored
Happy new year to everyone. I’m not sure how I came across SDC either, it seemed to appear one day fortunately for me. Thank you to our amazing team of administrators who do a terrific job of organising interesting articles which I’m sure isn’t easy. I often wonder how you all put up with us moaning & disagreeing with each other. I’m certainly hoping for a better year and I’ve told my husband to stop finding troublesome spots that lead to problems. Last year’s BCC was quite enough to endure, I don’t want to have to worry about hospitals, surgeons or oncologists for a very long time, not that it’s a choice. Stay well everyone & laugh more.

Happy new year to everyone. I’m not sure how I came across SDC either, it seemed to appear one day fortunately for me. Thank you to our amazing team of administrators who do a terrific job of organising interesting articles which I’m sure isn’t easy. I often wonder how you all put up with us moaning & disagreeing with each other. I’m certainly hoping for a better year and I’ve told my husband to stop finding troublesome spots that lead to problems. Last year’s BCC was quite enough to endure, I don’t want to have to worry about hospitals, surgeons or oncologists for a very long time, not that it’s a choice. Stay well everyone & laugh more.
wish you a Healthy 2024 PattiB......Hope that this year brings you much happiness and laughter and joyous memories. Keep on smiling. 🙂

I absolutely love sitting down and writing this article every year! Since 2021, I’ve given you a summary of what we plan to deliver you, a member of the Seniors Discount Club, in the coming year and 2024 is no exception!

I remember sitting down and writing this exact article for 2023 and going back and reading that article is a bit of a ‘pinch me’ moment. We managed to deliver pretty much everything we promised and I have no doubt our incredible team will achieve this again in 2024! It’s going to be a big year for us, so I hope you enjoy the ride.

Of course, I think this goes without saying, but each and every one of you makes the Seniors Discount Club a reality. We couldn’t do any of this if it wasn’t for your support. So, I just want to take a moment to thank you. You opening up our newsletters every day, reading our articles, playing our games, and spending time on our forum ensures that we can keep making the Seniors Discount Club a place where all Australians over the age of sixty can come and enjoy. I also just want to take a moment to thank all of our SDC Rewards members who have signed up over the past few months. It is their financial support that has helped us take this community to a whole new level. We couldn’t be more grateful for each and everyone of you!

View attachment 37846

Now, that’s enough rambling from me! In 2024, we have a lot of exciting updates for you all…

• More deals and discounts Australia-wide. This includes a range of restaurants, cafes and stores who have emailed us to provide exclusive discounts to our members!
  • Updated deals, discounts and locations. Sadly, times are tough. That means a fair few discounts in our eBook have become redundant. We have done our absolute best to go through this eBook with a fine tooth comb to make sure there are no discounts or deals for stores that no longer exist. Although, please note that if you do come across a restaurant, cafe or shop that no longer exists but it is still in our eBook, it means at the time of publishing (December 2023) the store was still open or the closing down wasn’t public knowledge on the internet, social media, or state government discount websites.
  • More deals and discounts for rural and regional areas. We have done our best to ensure we are covering even more regional and rural areas than ever before! If you are in a regional or rural area and are desperately trying to find seniors discounts around you, you can always use our Discount Directory here. It’s an easy way to find the closest discounts to where you live!
  • Online AND eBook deals and discounts. Don’t like working with a PDF version of our eBook? No worries. Our Discount Directory is bigger and better than ever before. Simply type in what you’re looking for along with your postcode and press the ‘Search’ button!

Our daily newsletters:
  • A brand new newsletter template. Our brand new template should make reading and engaging with our newsletter easier and better. We launched our brand new newsletter template in the middle of December 2023 and we got so much incredibly positive feedback from you all! But, we know there is still a bit of work to do. So we will be fixing the little bits and pieces that haven’t been operating properly in the new template so you can enjoy it the way you’re supposed to!
  • New newsletter segments. That’s right! Our new newsletter template doesn’t just look ‘pretty’, it will be featuring a bunch of brand new segments. I won’t tell you all of the new segments that are coming, but I will announce two as a ‘sneak peak’! The first is our ‘Cranky Codger’ articles will now get its own weekly segment in the newsletter. If you haven’t read our Cranky Codger before it is a satire piece written by a ‘Cranky Codger’ who misses how the world used to be! The other is ‘Agony Aunt’ where our very own members can submit their issues, scenarios, or questions that our very own ‘Agony Aunt’ will provide advice on…
  • New games. We know you love your games, and we do too! So, we will be introducing even more games in 2024 and not just on our forum and in our newsletter, we will also be launching a range of SDC game apps for you to enjoy anywhere, any time on your phone or laptop.
  • More content generated by you. One of our highlights of 2023 was starting to publish more member generated content. We LOVE the articles that you write, whether it’s a product review, an opinion piece, or something in between, we cannot wait to bring you even more content generated by fellow members of the SDC. If you’re interested in contributing to the SDC as a writer, do not hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected]. We’d love to hear from you.
  • More discounts and deals. Yes, don’t worry we haven’t forgotten that we are the Seniors ‘Discount’ Club after all! We are incredibly blessed to be growing every year as a community which means more retailers are getting in touch to offer our members discounts and deals at their stores. We want to offer you more discounts that are bigger and better than ever in 2024 and we will continue to do this in our daily newsletters. However, we are also planning on launching a few additional ways of getting your hands on more deals…

Our forum and app:
  • A brand-new homepage. If you haven’t noticed, back in mid-December we launched a brand new homepage on our forum here. Our goal was to make our forum a bit easier to navigate for you all. The new homepage features the ‘biggest’ stories of the day, along with the ‘trending’ thread in each forum. The more you scroll down on the homepage, the more you will see is happening in every forum, so be sure to check it out because there is always so much happening on our forum and we do not want you missing out!
  • More forums. We have recently launched a few new forums for you to enjoy. These include our From The Experts, Our Gardener’s Corner and Our Craft Corner. Our goal with these forums was to expand on the type of content we produce. We started getting experts to write content for you, a lot of our own members started posting gardening and craft tips as well in these forums. In 2024, we want to continue to bring you the content you want to read and engage with, so rest assured, this year we will continue to expand our forum and make sure you’re always reading content that is relevant to you.
  • More apps. There are quite a few apps that we will be launching in 2024 and I don’t want to ruin the surprise, so I’ll let you in on just two apps for now. The first is our most-loved game, OzWord, is getting its own app so you can play it on your phone or tablet anywhere, anytime! The second is our Discount Directory is getting its very own app too! That means, whenever you’re out and about and want to see the Seniors Discounts closest to you, all you have to do is open your app, and see where the discounts are!
  • New eBooks. We didn’t make many eBooks in 2023 because we were busy doing other things, but in 2024 we plan to launch quite a few more! These will be sent to you as gifts, to enjoy as you please. Unfortunately, we still do not have the means to print these as official paperback books, but who knows what this year will bring… We will continue to work on that one!

SDC Rewards:
  • More prizes. We are doing everything we can in our power to reward our SDC Rewards members more than ever in 2024. This will not only include more vouchers but hopefully some other types of prizes too!
  • New games. Yes! There will be new games for all of our members, but our SDC Rewards members will get even more new games both in the SDC Rewards forum and also as apps! And of course, everything will be ad-free.
  • More discounts. We want our SDC Rewards members to get access to even more discounts. We are reaching out to multiple retailers and are trying to create a program which means you get rewarded for being a SDC Rewards member with us and for shopping with your partners! So stay tuned for this one.
  • Early access to all our new content. As SDC Rewards members, you’ll get access to all of our new content first, before anyone else. That includes everything from our apps, to our articles, and even our eBooks!
Other than all of these plans, we aren’t too sure what the future holds for the SDC, but what we do know is we will continue to deliver you exactly what you want day in and day out, because without you and your support, we wouldn’t be where we are today.

Thank you again for everything and I hope 2024 is a wonderful year for you and all of the people you love!
Thank you for starting the new year of with a newsletter, I can't believe how I have come to depend on them with my early morning coffee. This year sounds exciting with what you have planned for the year and will look forward to receiving them. A big thank you for the team and all the hard work you all do, I wish you all the best for the year ahead.😊

View attachment 37846

Our daily newsletters:

Our forum and app:

SDC Rewards:

Thank you for all you do on our behalf. This is a wonderful way for people to get together and share experiences.

View attachment 37846

Our daily newsletters:

Our forum and app:

SDC Rewards:

Still getting the wait 25 seconds we have a problem crap very disappointed this shit is still happening and getting sick of having to keep logging back in. I’ve had a gutful of it.😢and it’s only 1st of jan.😡

Thank you for all that you do but since last week all adds are appearing when I open the Newsletter, if I leave it in Outlook it doesn't appear properly and when i open it all adds appear all over the pages, I am a paid member so could you please look into this glitch.
Thank you

Reactions: Maddison Dwyer
When I open the new newsletter, none of the photo's download, it's just a thin strip and nothing else. I have outlook.
Me too, can you please look into this and fix, also when you open it all adds appear - so frustrating, it is too hard to try and read anything when numerous adds pop up all over the newsletter. So annoying when you're a paid member. It used to work perfectly but since last week it is a nightmare

Reactions: Maddison Dwyer
Good morning everyone! Thank you so much for all of your kind words! I just wanted to address a few of the points raised in this post:
  • Outlook Newsletter Problems: We were made aware of this issue at the end of last year and we are so sorry to all of our members who use Outlook! Don't you worry though, our technology team are working on recoding the newsletter so it displays better in Outlook. We should have an update on this either later this week, or early next week!
  • Afternoon newsletters: We paused our afternoon newsletters for the holidays because we only had a few staff members working, but they will be back in your inbox this afternoon!
If there are any more issues or questions please let me know! ❤️

Reactions: Jarred Santos
Thank you for your kind words! Reading your greetings is the perfect way to start the year. We're glad to know we've become a daily habit of sorts for some, too :D

To a better year for all of us! 🍻

Reactions: magpie1 and Ezzy