SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Jarred Santos

Jarred Santos

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 10, 2022
What are your thoughts on King Charles III's coronation?

compressed-52877152948_4bdcbb78a3_o.jpeg
Image Credit: Flickr

I must say, even though I’m not a big fan of all things royal, I found myself unable to resist taking a peek at King Charles III’s coronation last Saturday. To say that, for the weekend, it was all everyone was talking about is an understatement. It was, after all, the first coronation of a royal I’ve had the honour of watching! That said, amid all the glitz and glamour, all wasn't well (putting it lightly), as I'm sure you're also aware there were criticisms of the whole affair.

But what are your thoughts on the momentous event, dear members? And if you had the chance to tell the King and Queen a message, what would it be? Please tell us your thoughts here, members!

Last edited:

View attachment 19250

I must say, even though I’m not a big fan of all things royal, I found myself unable to resist taking a peek at King Charles III’s coronation last Saturday. To say that, for the weekend, it was all everyone was talking about is an understatement. It was, after all, the first coronation of a royal I’ve had the honour of watching! That said, amid all the glitz and glamour, all wasn't well (putting it lightly), as I'm sure you're also aware there were criticisms of the whole affair.

But what are your thoughts on the momentous event, dear members? And if you had the chance to tell the King and Queen a message, what would it be? Please tell us your thoughts here, members!
I'm afraid too much was made of the wayward Montecitco prats, Although HRH the reigning Monarch bestowed the titles. Aftr al the damaged they have cusued the government should strip them of them of these Duke and Duchess titles. And hr can revert to Prince Henry and she can revert Princess Henry, which I'm sur she won't like as it would put her further in the shadow of her husband.

I think the day of the royals is over.......Charles will never be my king and as far as Camilla she's a nobody..... I remember the king who gave up the throne to be with Miss Simpson, a divorcee because it was frowned upon, yet those 2 had an affair behind Dianna's back and there are no ramifications !!!!!! My opinion is that the royal family has become a comedy and should be a TV sitcom.....

I am British descent and proud of my background. Of cours all countries who colonised made mistakes but it's not my duty to atone for what my grand, grand, grand daddy did.We should remember that the Royals represent the people and there is no person worship involved. Long live our King and Queen and long live Britain and the Commonwealth.

I would say Are you both happy now ?

How does it feel to have caused the death of Diana ?

How does it feel to go against your mother with making Camilla Queen instead of Queen Consulate.

Shame shame and shame on you.

Oh and how nice of you to spend so much of your peoples money on your coronation when there are so many people in your country doing very hard, why didn't you at least use your own money

Charles worth is around $3 billion and the coronation cost was around $126 million dollars and that didn't include the concert.

Hopefully the cost of the tickets the people paid to watch covered the cost

Last edited:
Doesn't matter what we think of the royal family. We lived in London for a year and if the Brits criticised any of them they would also defend them against any negative views of visitors. The 'Family' is a huge business which does impressive charity, community and promotion work for the country. They draw more tourists than any other country for their size. They have 50+ fairly loyal Commonwealth countries to trade/ally with, and whatever. The coronation was broadcast right around the globe and maybe the universe. You can't buy that massive advertising. In a world full of division and conflict the 'Family' is fairly strong and focused on what they have to do to sustain their usefulness for their subjects and the UK.
It looked like a huge costume party to me, but...I watched it.

View attachment 19250

Take the people of Denmark, Jordan & Dubais for example. I don’t see them denigrating their heads of state. On the contrary they show great respect for tradition and thoughtful leadership. We must be the only culture in the world that wishes to cancel itself. That would be to our detriment.

This is my 2nd Coronation I have been privileged to watch, my first was of Queen Elizabeth 11 when I was 7 years old, I was entranced by that one & remember the Gold Coach well, I thought that King Charles 111 did very well, especially the extra parts included in the ceremony from different peoples of the Commonwealth. I also enjoyed watching Queen Camilla being crowned 👑, my how things have changed, regarding what the Monarchy allow now, regarding divorce etc.,
I thoroughly enjoyed watching it but think that this will be my last, the next one I will observe hopefully from on high with the other members of the Commonwealth that will have passed by that time.
Long Live Chatles111 !

The coronation was fine as it was expected to be
But as far as the king and queen would ever bother to reply themselves is too far fetched and useless waste of their time away from garden parties for their favoured dignitaries and getting a standard dry reply from there staff isn’t worth it

Doesn't matter what we think of the royal family. We lived in London for a year and if the Brits criticised any of them they would also defend them against any negative views of visitors. The 'Family' is a huge business which does impressive charity, community and promotion work for the country. They draw more tourists than any other country for their size. They have 50+ fairly loyal Commonwealth countries to trade/ally with, and whatever. The coronation was broadcast right around the globe and maybe the universe. You can't buy that massive advertising. In a world full of division and conflict the 'Family' is fairly strong and focused on what they have to do to sustain their usefulness for their subjects and the UK.
It looked like a huge costume party to me, but...I watched it.
'It looked like a huge costume party to me, but... I watched it,' perfectly captured what I felt! I, as a person, feel so removed from all the pomp and pageantry that it gets difficult sometimes to pay attention, even at the odd times when I actually want to.

Reactions: Ricci
I must admit I watched both the Coronation and the concert over the weekend. I object most strongly at herself being crowned Queen but better minds than mine have decided it's ok so I keep my objections to myself.
I think Charles had served a long enough apprenticeship that it his time in the top spot, even though his reign will be a lot shorter than most.
I agree that maybe it should have jumped a generation and gone straight to William but to be honest he probably doesn't want it yet, he wants to see his kids grow up a little bit more and to cherish his family time with them.
The Coronation was a bit of history brought to life for most of us, elements of it go back centuries after all, and let's face it, no-one can do Pomp and Pageantry like the Poms!
The concert I thought was a bit ho hum, there were more performers that I didn't know than those I did but it was good to see the Royals let their hair down a bit and relax into it. :)

Reactions: Jarred Santos
I would say Are you both happy now ?

How does it feel to have caused the death of Diana ?

How does it feel to go against your mother with making Camilla Queen instead of Queen Consulate.

Shame shame and shame on you.

Oh and how nice of you to spend so much of your peoples money on your coronation when there are so many people in your country doing very hard, why didn't you at least use your own money

Charles worth is around $3 billion and the coronation cost was around $126 million dollars and that didn't include the concert.

Hopefully the cost of the tickets the people paid to watch covered the cost
Diana was with a person, having an affair and in a car, in Paris driven by her lovers friend/driver. How you can blame the King for that is beyond me. Remember this was not her first affair either. The worth of King Charles is far way and beyond your quote. As to KingandQueen I am happy they have found their happiness. Remember this also happens with the ordinary people. BeingRoyal does not change the circumstances. To those who have hate and not understanding I say, tough!!

View attachment 19250

can i suggest you all watch a programme that was on TV called Born to be King. A revelation for some of you.

I watched both the Coronation and the concert. I personally didn't like that woman holding the sword. It looked wrong to me, as I feel it should have gone to a decorated military man, but who really cares.
Charles looked emotional and Camilla looked like a stunned mullet during the Coronation ceremony.
I thought William, Kate and their children were the stars at the Coronation.

As the head of church of England I would have thought love, compassion, understanding & forgiveness for first of all the members of his family & then the rest of yhe world especially those he has hurt with his choices & actions.

Reactions: Ricci