SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Vella Gonzaga

Vella Gonzaga

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2021
What are your new year's resolutions?

Hey members!

The holiday season is fast approaching, and with it comes the annual tradition of New Year’s resolutions. I just want to hop on here and see if you make resolutions each year, and if so, what are they, and how do you make sure you stick to them?

I wanted to invite everyone to share them here in this thread. What are your plans for the upcoming year? What goals are you looking to achieve? Let’s hear your New Year’s resolutions and offer each other support and advice to help make them a reality.

I’ll start- This year, I’m going to focus on taking care of myself in all aspects of my life, both mental and physical. This year, I realised how important it is to take care of yourself. If you remember, I rushed my partner to the ER last month, which was a huge wake-up call for me. We only have one body, and we need to look after it. So, with that in mind, I plan on eating healthier, exercising more, and taking some time for self-care. This is not only for myself but also for my partner and loved ones so that I can be around for them for longer.

And how do I make sure I stick to it? I’ll be journaling and tracking my progress, setting short-term goals, and writing down my motivations and reasons for doing this.

Now, it’s your turn! Let us know your resolutions for 2023 and how you plan on making them happen.

Last New Year's Day I was feeling very despondent about Covid ruining our Christmas until someone posted on Facebook that I always made him laugh. I made the resolution that no matter how I was feeling I would make at least one person laugh each day. I am not sure but I think I succeeded and without deliberately telling jokes but just being myself, giving an upbeat comment or happy remark whether in person or online, usually about my dogs or reminding them of a fun memory or something I had heard. This isn't a hard resolution to keep so it will carry over into 2023.

Hey members!

The holiday season is fast approaching, and with it comes the annual tradition of New Year’s resolutions. I just want to hop on here and see if you make resolutions each year, and if so, what are they, and how do you make sure you stick to them?

I wanted to invite everyone to share them here in this thread. What are your plans for the upcoming year? What goals are you looking to achieve? Let’s hear your New Year’s resolutions and offer each other support and advice to help make them a reality.

I’ll start- This year, I’m going to focus on taking care of myself in all aspects of my life, both mental and physical. This year, I realised how important it is to take care of yourself. If you remember, I rushed my partner to the ER last month, which was a huge wake-up call for me. We only have one body, and we need to look after it. So, with that in mind, I plan on eating healthier, exercising more, and taking some time for self-care. This is not only for myself but also for my partner and loved ones so that I can be around for them for longer.

And how do I make sure I stick to it? I’ll be journaling and tracking my progress, setting short-term goals, and writing down my motivations and reasons for doing this.

Now, it’s your turn! Let us know your resolutions for 2023 and how you plan on making them happen.

Almost 2 years ago instead of saying I'm going to lose weight, I specified "I am going to lose weight by not eating potato crisps for a month" I have not had a (not even one!) potato crisp since then.
I have lost 12kg because I was so proud of myself by achieving my "potato crisp" goal I was able to stick to healthy eating.

Each year we promise ourselves we will SORT out the second bedroom. We are classing this room as our TOO-HARD BASKET for the moment... As the year goes by and even more things that are not in use at the moment go in there to be sorted later...???? It is now getting to the stage where we have forgotten what is in the TOO HARD BASKET>

Hey members!

I just want to continue my weight loss journey
I fell of the ladder before Xmas and it shows, so I just want to go for it again. I have started, so wish me luck. Happy New year to you all
Love, Robyn

Reactions: Kawi, RTS and Ricci
My wish for the year is to make it through to the end so that I can make the same wish next year! I could bang on about living healthier, eating better and exercising more but I know myself too well and I never make promises I can't keep! I strive to be a better person but that's an ongoing work in progress not a new year kind of thing. I just wish for a nice quiet year, one without any fires, floods or any more pandemic. Let's all just have a nice boring old year where nothing bad happens. :)

Reactions: terri, Kawi and RTS
I plan to make my house clean and tidy. I have too much stuff, so I'm building a shed to hold tools, gardening equipment, art supplies and stuff I need to sort out.
I bought the shed from Bunnings on boxing day on special and final assembly is tonight. My son has helped me lift each panel off the two garden tables, and will hold each one as I screw them together.
2023 will be the year I get organised.

Reactions: terri and Ricci

Hey members!

My goal is to try and have one hour pain free

Reactions: Ricci
I am guilty of letting friendships lapse so this year I plan to catch up with people I haven't seen for a while. I have already contacted 2 friends and have plans for lunch with both. Hopefully there will be a catchup every week.

Reactions: RTS and Ricci