What are you grateful for this year?

This year I am grateful for all the new friends I have made. Believe it or not, I’m quite a shy introvert so I have always struggled to make friends, especially in adulthood, but this year has been different. I have put myself out of my comfort zone multiple times so I have been forced to make connections and form new friendships. This year, I brought so many incredible people in my life and I feel truly blessed to be surrounded by each and every one of them. I am so grateful to each and every one of my friends and all that they teach me on a daily basis – including each and everyone of you.

So please, if you feel comfortable in doing so, I'd love to read what you're grateful for in the comments below! :)
Dear Maddison
I must apologise if I may spoil it for, or disappointment, any of your readers.
Well, I wish 2013 had never been on my calendar.
It's been one of the worst years of my life.
My one and only true love passed away, on 8 September, 3 days shy of our wedding anniversary.
They say that time is a great healer; however, as time passes, some days are nowhere near like diamonds, not even like stones, but more like lead.
I can only hope that the new year won't be as harsh, painful, not to say merciless, as this one.
In any case, may I wish everyone a safe, happy and prosperous 2024.

Dear Maddison
My one and only true love passed away, on 8 September, 3 days shy of our wedding anniversary.
They say that time is a great healer; however, as time passes, some days are nowhere near like diamonds, not even like stones, but more like lead.
I can only hope that the new year won't be as harsh, painful, not to say merciless, as this one.
Totally sympathize. 😢

Reactions: Littleboy8
Dear Maddison
Sorry to hear of your sadness. You are so blessed to have had such a wonderful partner.

This year I am grateful for the Christmas miracle we received...

My granddaughter was due on Dec 28, for an arranged caesarian...my 2½yo grandson also came by caesarian, as my daughter had pre-eclampsia...

On Dec 10, my daughter was rushed to hospital with her BP reading off the charts...202/98...two days later she was getting ready to be discharged, as her BP was now normal...within 5mins my son- in-law rang to tell me the baby's heartbeat had decelerated (hospital terminology) & they were prepping her for surgery (at 36 weeks pregnant)...whilst in the birthing suite, the baby's heart had decelerated even more, so they had to move fast...

10mins later my beautiful granddaughter was born...being early, & whilst not needing a humidy crib, she did however, need a feeding tube placed down into her stomach, as she was not sucking on her own...this was done the next day...they were able to feed her the colostrum from my daughter, & over the next few days, & try as they might, Violet just would not latch on to the breast, so the hospital put her on formula...each time they tried her on the breast, Violet would just not latch on...so not surprisingly, Shannon's milk did not come in as it should have...it was coming in dribs & drabs, & even through expressing there was extremely little, same thing happened with her first born, but Violet was getting fed by formula, that was the main thing...

A week later my daughter was allowed to come home, however, her precious baby could not yet...fast frwd a week, try as baby might, (& drinking some, albeit slowly) my daughter still could not bring her home...seeing my daughter in desperation, it was then that a nurse in the Special Care Unit advised Shannon to wake Violet up every 3 hrs, which she did, but still not weighing as much as they wanted her to...

On Dec 24, & seeing Shannon fall into a heap with the thought of not having her baby home for Christmas, the nurse said she would ring the Neo Natal Paediatrician to see if Shannon may be able to bring Violet home for Christmas Day, at least...

Well Dr. Neo Natal (Shannon couldn't remember his name) said that not only could she bring Violet home for 1 day, but 2...after crying bucket loads over her daughter's situation from birth, she was now crying bucket loads of joy!!!

So our little miracle was home for Christmas & Boxing Day...Mum & Dad had to take Violet back Boxing Day afternoon to get weighed...if she put on weight, they would discharge her, if not, then she would have to be re-admitted...

We all held our breath...elation, Violet had gained 140g in 2 days, our little miracle was coming home...yay!!!...& she is doing brilliantly...

Hearing about miracles is one thing, but seeing one playing out right before your very eyes is truly something to behold...there are no words to describe our thankfulness to God above, who had His hands on this whole situation from the start...puts a new meaning on the phrase, "Trust in the Lord" for us...miracles do happen, our family is proof of that...all glory to God...

And here she is...

Screenshot_20231231_124216_Samsung Notes.jpg

Be blessed...🌷

What are you grateful for this year?

This year I am grateful for all the new friends I have made. Believe it or not, I’m quite a shy introvert so I have always struggled to make friends, especially in adulthood, but this year has been different. I have put myself out of my comfort zone multiple times so I have been forced to make connections and form new friendships. This year, I brought so many incredible people in my life and I feel truly blessed to be surrounded by each and every one of them. I am so grateful to each and every one of my friends and all that they teach me on a daily basis – including each and everyone of you.

So please, if you feel comfortable in doing so, I'd love to read what you're grateful for in the comments below! :)

My granddaughter was due on Dec 28, for an arranged caesarian...my 2½yo grandson also came by caesarian, as my daughter had pre-eclampsia...

On Dec 10, my daughter was rushed to hospital with her BP reading off the charts...202/98...two days later she was getting ready to be discharged, as her BP was now normal...within 5mins my son- in-law rang to tell me the baby's heartbeat had decelerated (hospital terminology) & they were prepping her for surgery (at 36 weeks pregnant)...whilst in the birthing suite, the baby's heart had decelerated even more, so they had to move fast...

10mins later my beautiful granddaughter was born...being early, & whilst not needing a humidy crib, she did however, need a feeding tube placed down into her stomach, as she was not sucking on her own...this was done the next day...they were able to feed her the colostrum from my daughter, & over the next few days, & try as they might, Violet just would not latch on to the breast, so the hospital put her on formula...each time they tried her on the breast, Violet would just not latch on...so not surprisingly, Shannon's milk did not come in as it should have...it was coming in dribs & drabs, & even through expressing there was extremely little, same thing happened with her first born, but Violet was getting fed by formula, that was the main thing...

A week later my daughter was allowed to come home, however, her precious baby could not yet...fast frwd a week, try as baby might, (& drinking some, albeit slowly) my daughter still could not bring her home...seeing my daughter in desperation, it was then that a nurse in the Special Care Unit advised Shannon to wake Violet up every 3 hrs, which she did, but still not weighing as much as they wanted her to...

On Dec 24, & seeing Shannon fall into a heap with the thought of not having her baby home for Christmas, the nurse said she would ring the Neo Natal Paediatrician to see if Shannon may be able to bring Violet home for Christmas Day, at least...

Well Dr. Neo Natal (Shannon couldn't remember his name) said that not only could she bring Violet home for 1 day, but 2...after crying bucket loads over her daughter's situation from birth, she was now crying bucket loads of joy!!!

So our little miracle was home for Christmas & Boxing Day...Mum & Dad had to take Violet back Boxing Day afternoon to get weighed...if she put on weight, they would discharge her, if not, then she would have to be re-admitted...

We all held our breath...elation, Violet had gained 140g in 2 days, our little miracle was coming home...yay!!!...& she is doing brilliantly...

Hearing about miracles is one thing, but seeing one playing out right before your very eyes is truly something to behold...there are no words to describe our thankfulness to God above, who had His hands on this whole situation from the start...puts a new meaning on the phrase, "Trust in the Lord" for us...miracles do happen, our family is proof of that...all glory to God...

And here she is...

View attachment 38386

Be blessed...🌷
Congratulations she’s Gorgeous 😍you’ll definately have a happy new year stay safe.😍

And here she is...

View attachment 38386

Be blessed...🌷
It makes a person appreciate life

Reactions: Littleboy8