SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
M

Maddison Dwyer

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 20, 2021
What are you grateful for this year?

This year I am grateful for all the new friends I have made. Believe it or not, I’m quite a shy introvert so I have always struggled to make friends, especially in adulthood, but this year has been different. I have put myself out of my comfort zone multiple times so I have been forced to make connections and form new friendships. This year, I brought so many incredible people in my life and I feel truly blessed to be surrounded by each and every one of them. I am so grateful to each and every one of my friends and all that they teach me on a daily basis – including each and everyone of you.

So please, if you feel comfortable in doing so, I'd love to read what you're grateful for in the comments below! :)

This year I am grateful for all the new friends I have made. Believe it or not, I’m quite a shy introvert so I have always struggled to make friends, especially in adulthood, but this year has been different. I have put myself out of my comfort zone multiple times so I have been forced to make connections and form new friendships. This year, I brought so many incredible people in my life and I feel truly blessed to be surrounded by each and every one of them. I am so grateful to each and every one of my friends and all that they teach me on a daily basis – including each and everyone of you.

So please, if you feel comfortable in doing so, I'd love to read what you're grateful for in the comments below! :)
🤔🤔good question

This year I am grateful for family and great friends. Being able to pop in for visits and have family and friends visit me, is priceless especially at times of struggle. I am truly blessed.
Cheers for a great 2024 guys
Nanachook

Observer I am so sorry for your loss. Two things I am grateful for are (1) waking up each new day and (2) having found again the unconditional love of my cat. After I lost my beautiful Daisy in 2021, I never thought I would find that love again, but God granted it to me through this little stray grey tabby who was handed into AWL and she found her way into my home. I am of course, extremely grateful to my family and lifetime friends who have stood by me through illness and bad times, never wavouring and always being there for me. I count myself as truly blessed.
I want to wish all at SDC a safe and Happy New Year and I look forward to all the new discussions that happen on this board. Thanks to the admin for giving us this forum.

I’m thankful that drs found cancer in my lung early enough that they got it all and I’m now cancer free

I am truly grateful for the beautiful family I have. We are all very close even though they are all grown up. They have presented me with beautiful grandchildren and most of us spend lots of time together. No one ever has the chance to get lonely. I would wish this for all other people out there. Happy New Year to everyone at SDC and all their readers.

I am grateful for the support and love from my children, the companionship of my pets, the support, care and genuine friendship of my close circle of friends. I am grateful for my good health. I am grateful to live in this wonderful country, free from war and conflicts. Thank God we are surrounded by water and far enough away from conflicts, for now. I am grateful to the SDC staff and community for just being.

Best wishes everyone for a safe, peaceful and happy 2024.

Observer I am so sorry for your loss. Two things I am grateful for are (1) waking up each new day and (2) having found again the unconditional love of my cat. After I lost my beautiful Daisy in 2021, I never thought I would find that love again, but God granted it to me through this little stray grey tabby who was handed into AWL and she found her way into my home. I am of course, extremely grateful to my family and lifetime friends who have stood by me through illness and bad times, never wavouring and always being there for me. I count myself as truly blessed.
I want to wish all at SDC a safe and Happy New Year and I look forward to all the new discussions that happen on this board. Thanks to the admin for giving us this forum.
I've also been fortunate to have my cat in my life. When my little dog, Rexy, died in 2018, I was heartbroken. He was 17. My youngest son, a month later, came home with a cardboard carrier - out popped Chloe, a nine month old kitten. Some of you may be familiar with my postings about her and her tall tales. This little psychopath has brought with her a mix of challenges and love - and I love her to bits. I also give thanks every day for my three sons as well as my extended family. It's been sixteen years now since I was widowed suddenly, but with their support I keep 'head above water'. I count myself blessed. 😊

chloexmas.jpg

Whilst it's been an unusual year of medical appointments and tests (nothing overly serious) and I am grateful for the mostly free medical services, for sure....the biggest, most wonderful event of my year was definitely becoming a grandfather (Papou) for the first time. What a joyous occasion and an absolutely gorgeous little man.

Attachments

• received_687062683579331.jpeg
    received_687062683579331.jpeg
    122.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I am gratefull that my second shoulder replacement was done in March. I was able then to visit family in Queensland I had wonderfull 4 weeks holiday. Meet a lot of new people. I am also grateful for being part of this group and part of an exercise group that will help me get stronger and manage my disability with a positive attitude. Thank you.