SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Vella Gonzaga

Vella Gonzaga

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2021
What are you feeling thankful for today?

Hey everyone!

I know this is a bit random, but do you have this feeling where you just wake up feeling thankful for something? I've had a lot of tough times lately (I know we all have), but there's still so much to be grateful for. It could be anything big or small, but it's just this nice feeling to start the day off with. :)

I know it's easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of everyday life, but taking a moment to appreciate the good in our lives is so important.

So I thought it would be fun to share what we're all feeling thankful for today! If you're up for it, just leave a comment below with one (or more) things you're thankful for today.

It could be anything from your family and friends to your favourite coffee shop.

I'll start things off... I'm thankful for my health, family, and lovely partner CJ, who pretty much keeps me sane ☺️ I'm also grateful for my SDC team and all of you lovely people! You all make my day brighter.

Now it's your turn! What are you feeling thankful for today?​

I've always been a strong women, a hard worker

I never sat still , I woke every morning at 4.30 am to clean, make lunches, make dinner for that night, do and hang the washing then get the kids up and ready for school.
I would then get myself ready and leave for work at 8.15 am

My train trip of 40 minutes I would read, this was my time.

After work It was eating with the family, cleaning up, homework ect.

I would fall into bed ready for sleep..

I was always there to help everyone.

Raising 13 kids , working hard to support them to be suddenly ill and not able to work was very hard mentally and physically.

A simple gallbladder operation which turned into my own personal nightmare

I'm thankful for the support of my Amazing children who are with me all the way

I'm also thankful for God who gives me the strength to keep going every day

Hey everyone!

I know this is a bit random, but do you have this feeling where you just wake up feeling thankful for something? I've had a lot of tough times lately (I know we all have), but there's still so much to be grateful for. It could be anything big or small, but it's just this nice feeling to start the day off with. :)

I know it's easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of everyday life, but taking a moment to appreciate the good in our lives is so important.

So I thought it would be fun to share what we're all feeling thankful for today! If you're up for it, just leave a comment below with one (or more) things you're thankful for today.

It could be anything from your family and friends to your favourite coffee shop.

I'll start things off... I'm thankful for my health, family, and lovely partner CJ, who pretty much keeps me sane ☺️ I'm also grateful for my SDC team and all of you lovely people! You all make my day brighter.

Hey everyone!

I saw a post on Facebook this morning asking what people would change about their wedding day. Quite a few people responded with "my bride/bridegroom". This got me thinking. I am grateful that the woman I married nearly 55 years ago is still my wife and we are both still very much in love. I am also glad that, in those days, you met a person you were interested in at a dance or some other social occasion, asked her out and dated for a while, then got married in a church. I do not know how I would get on today, trying to 'meet' the right person on a dating app or similar.

Hey everyone!

That I woke up. That the sun is shining. That it may be pouring down with rain. That I have a home, a wife and a roof over my head and food on the table. That my faith gives me a reason to hope.
That SDC is on my to do list every day and I wish that perhaps the 'jokes' could be a step or so above the gutter to where it looks as though they are descending. Perhaps a monitoring of the ads that are presented for truth and not misleading phrases as well. Something advertised as FREE is only free for a short time and then you have to pay a monthly fee is not free.
Nice to talk to you.

Hey everyone!

Unfortunately, over many years I have had several extremely close family members go to sleep and not wake up. They died overnight. A couple with little to no warning...and they were not all elderly. The latest was only a few weeks ago.

So, when I wake up healthy (relatively) and happy, I am very, very grateful. Not just for me, but also for my loved ones...every day!

I have my first grandchild on the way and I would definitely not want to miss seeing them growing up. Unfortunately, their grandmother-to-be was one of those who didn't wake up.

Last edited:
I'm so blessed to have my 3 sons and their families close by. (except one son who lives in Brisbane, but he'll be down with his family over the next 10 days.So now I'm Oma to 8 grandchildren and TikTok Oma to 4 great grandchildren. They certainly keep me young ( at least at heart) Plus my two chocolate labradors keep me company as well as my best friend. Life is Good

Attachments

• Loki Sasha and Storm.JPG
    Loki Sasha and Storm.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 0
Hey everyone!

I'm a bit confused yes I know its normal for me, but that's a photo of a record disc player, NOT as the heading says "Cylinder Gramophone".Now you can correct me or am I correct. I have a Cylinder gramophone HMV.

Hey everyone!

51 years ago I first met the love of my life and although we have never married due that My partner married in the seventies to who turned out be a shitbag, and she left him. We met again in 81 and have been together ever since. I actually told her when we first met that we would end up together. ( Don't think you get as much time for a capital offence I jest) She has stuck by me through four cancer operations, what more could a man ask for with a woman with so much compassion, empathy and such. Not only my partner but also my best friend.

Hey everyone!

Hey everyone!

Hello I am thankful every day to be a Grey Nomad we have lived on the road for the past 13 years and love every kilometre of it We meet so many beautiful people young and old see amazing places and have freedom I guess that’s sounds strange but before Australia we lived 35 years in South Africa and are so very grateful to be here ♥️♥️