What’s behind Sarah Harris’ mysterious disappearance from The Project?

When Sarah Harris, one of the hosts of The Project, was conspicuously absent from the show's Thursday, February 1 episode, fans were left scratching their heads.

The sudden void was filled by Georgie Tunny, but the unexpected change sparked a flurry of speculation among viewers.

Theories ranged from the plausible to the downright wild, with fans taking to a forum to share their thoughts on Harris's sudden disappearance.

One theory suggested that Harris was preparing to brave the wilds of the jungle on the reality show I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!, while another fan speculated that she was gearing up to present a new show.

A more humorous suggestion was that Harris was off to take on other roles in a very packed schedule.

Screenshot 2024-02-02 102710.png
Viewers of The Project speculated about Sarah Harris’ absence on the show. Source: @whatsarahsnapped/Instagram

Another joked: ‘Clearly she's doing screen tests with Kochie for Good Morning Australia.’

'Sarah's off to host GMA, the Late News, filming interview reports for The Project, and is entering the jungle. And is also off to co-host Deal or No Deal with Grant to help boost its ratings. What a busy workload,' a fan quipped.

However, a more grounded explanation was offered by a viewer who suggested that Harris was merely reducing her nights on the desk.

This theory aligned with the increasing trend among television personalities to seek a better work-life balance, especially in the wake of the pandemic.

The sudden absence of Harris comes on the heels of her emotional admission about her struggles with body image and diet pills as a child.

Sarah revealed: ‘When I was 11 years old, I was put on a diet by a dance teacher because I was told I was too fat for the front row and even back then, I remember, you know, pinching herbal diet pills from the medicine cabinet that my mum would take.’

‘It didn't make me skinny. It made me very, very sick, and it's absolutely stupid, which is why it makes me so angry that these influencers are allowed to peddle this stuff—we know it's dangerous,’ she added.

Harris's candid confession resonated with many viewers, who took to social media to express their support and share their own experiences with body image and diet culture.

'How I can relate to this. I had tears. It's so true. It never ever leaves you. Ever!' one fan wrote on social media.

A second commenter said: ‘Diet culture sucks! It's time for us to know our worth beyond our bodies and stop following along with influencers promoting things that are not supporting us to have a positive relationship with our bodies and food.’

Despite numerous fan theories circulating about her abrupt departure from the show, Sarah chose not to provide any confirmation regarding the underlying reason for her absence.

Key Takeaways
  • Sarah Harris was notably absent from a recent episode of The Project, which led to rampant speculation among fans on online forums.
  • Viewers speculated with various theories, including Sarah joining the cast of I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! and taking up various hosting opportunities.
  • Sarah has previously opened up about her struggles with body image and the use of diet pills as a child due to pressure from a dance teacher.
  • Fans expressed their support for Sarah on social media, sharing their own experiences and condemning the influence of harmful diet culture.

What are your thoughts on Sarah Harris's sudden absence from the show? Do you have any theories of your own? Share them in the comments below.

Reactions: Ezzy and Littleboy8
Sponsored